• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Destroyer3 is Coming

I still want to find one of those "flippy" Destroyers everyone talks about.

Most players that use Destroyers shouldn't be using anything faster than a speed 9.

I agree. However if you can get the lower weights of the premium plastics, then maybe some experienced slower yet powerful arms can use the mold. I know that the above 166-167 gram weight of disc makes the disc need too much power, more then I can generate. Also due to the plastic Champion will be less OS then Star as a gennral Innova guide so maybe if people use a Destroyer in Champion, then it will work for them. I know I will be look for low dome with the flat part on them, Destructulan style as they are known when I eventually need a new Destroyer in Champion at the weight around 165 grams +/- 2 grams. I like to get around the highest weight in a disc mold I can throw well, with a few exceptions like the Impact as only the 170-172 gram and 173-174 gram discs work best.

I agree. However if you can get the lower weights of the premium plastics, then maybe some experienced slower yet powerful arms can use the mold. I know that the above 166-167 gram weight of disc makes the disc need too much power, more then I can generate. Also due to the plastic Champion will be less OS then Star as a gennral Innova guide so maybe if people use a Destroyer in Champion, then it will work for them. I know I will be look for low dome with the flat part on them, Destructulan style as they are known when I eventually need a new Destroyer in Champion at the weight around 165 grams +/- 2 grams. I like to get around the highest weight in a disc mold I can throw well, with a few exceptions like the Impact as only the 170-172 gram and 173-174 gram discs work best.

A 150-class or low-160-class Pro Destroyer works well for noodle-armed players in windy conditions. Ditto that for DX Destroyers...

A 150-class or low-160-class Pro Destroyer works well for noodle-armed players in windy conditions. Ditto that for DX Destroyers...

Yep the lower weights in all Destroyers works well for slower arms. That is why I use the 167 gram no more then that, in Champion.

The entire 3 series is irrational. Where are the 2's?

Poor name, FT or ND would be better choices to use, 3 makes no sense. I do not know how that name was thought up. Innova has had some poor name choices like for the Whaoo, XD not great for those who are Dyslexic and in 2000's with the few plastics the mold came in, and Archon odd name that sounds like a mash of a few names.

innova probably thought a destroyer name based mold would sell better than releasing another completely new mold

But if the Eagle were made 3 topped it would fly off the shelves. This with the inconstancy of the Eagle dome as well as L or X mold is why I went for the XL an later after premium plastics were discontinued, the Stalker.

I still want to find one of those "flippy" Destroyers everyone talks about.

Try a Wysocki. Flippiest star Destroyer I've thrown in a long time. Not turn and burn flippy, but it turns, and actually holds the turn.

E* Destroyers also seem to be on the flippy side.

I'm still a bit baffled by the whole Victus thing. They're completely overlapping the Starfire with that one.

Innova is the king of making redundant molds.

I tried explaining this to someone and they told me to stop discouraging players from throwing what they want... :|

I like to think there is a method here, like maybe they were unhappy with how the mold was aging or the feel wasn't what the current crop of customers was looking for, but I don't know that it's always the case.

It seems to me that their biggest gap is still overstable mids and putters. Maybe the Warhog will start the change, but I still see a gap for a disc that is in the Viper stability range with a smaller diameter and more modern feel.

Don't tell me Gator, that's not it.

I tried explaining this to someone and they told me to stop discouraging players from throwing what they want... :|

I think all Innova is doing there is increasing confusion. Especially among newer players who don't know discs that well. There is ZERO reason to have two different molds with exactly the same flight numbers.

IMO, Innova should discontinue the Daedalus, Savant, Firestorm, and either the Corvette or Colossus.

I think all Innova is doing there is increasing confusion. Especially among newer players who don't know discs that well. There is ZERO reason to have two different molds with exactly the same flight numbers.

IMO, Innova should discontinue the Daedalus, Savant, Firestorm, and either the Corvette or Colossus.

I never thought I'd say this, but they should take a note out of the Trilogy playbook. When they announced a number of molds that are OOP there was very little blow back from what I saw and ultimately they will have an much cleaner and easy to understand lineup.

I like to think there is a method here, like maybe they were unhappy with how the mold was aging or the feel wasn't what the current crop of customers was looking for, but I don't know that it's always the case.

It seems to me that their biggest gap is still overstable mids and putters. Maybe the Warhog will start the change, but I still see a gap for a disc that is in the Viper stability range with a smaller diameter and more modern feel.

Don't tell me Gator, that's not it.

I love Innova fairways and drivers. I have never liked any of their mids.

Latest posts