• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

wood frame boxes to be filled with concrete?

or wood frames as tee boxes, aka the worst kind of tees ever?

:D

if you're serious, i'll help you make some better tees

I am serious. I would be willing to put in $1500 towards 9 baskets, but I couldn't do $1500+ more for 18 concrete tee pads. I figure something is better than flags stuck in the ground.

yeah, concrete is probably overkill for a course that only sees as much traffic as WO. but there are lots of other good options. nothing wrong with natural tees so long as they are flat and marked.

that's awesome that you're serious about it. i'd love to help out.

18 holes might be a tight fit. we'd probably have to get into the woods and do at least a few holes in there. maybe we should try to put together a work day where we could scope out the area, take suggestions for layouts and new holes, maybe put up some better temp tee markers.

yeah, concrete is probably overkill for a course that only sees as much traffic as WO. but there are lots of other good options. nothing wrong with natural tees so long as they are flat and marked.

that's awesome that you're serious about it. i'd love to help out.

18 holes might be a tight fit. we'd probably have to get into the woods and do at least a few holes in there. maybe we should try to put together a work day where we could scope out the area, take suggestions for layouts and new holes, maybe put up some better temp tee markers.

I'd just like to know what the plan is for WO. It is 10 minutes away from home and my best option for scratching that DG itch if I only have an hour to do so. 18 would be cool but someone would have to secure/donate the land on the other side of the creek. Would have to design it to play towards that school or whatever that is at the top of the rise at the back of the park.

I've done some of the newer composite 'honeycomb' pad installations, which are portable to a degree and I think handle traffic and weather better than some of the concrete pours I've seen. I'd be happy to pitch in whatever time I can afford to give as well. :hfive:

I'll be checking out the new Bedford course on Tuesday afternoon, but I've already given it a '4' (insert sarcastic smiley here)

this
http://wikimapia.org/20367020/W-O-Harrington-Park

is the only thing i've found (under a cursory search) that has park boundaries. looks like it doesn't extend as far as i thought into the tree line.

it's been awhile for me. are there any fences on that southern boundary?

The south boundary is just the creek and a Massey Energy fracking facility.

Boys Ranch in Bedford is good, close to Ideal Discs and Northpark. Lots of ace runs and not too many fairways that a sidewalk or other park facilities come into play.

Housesitting for DG vacation.

Hello golfers,

I'd love to come to Dallas-Fort Worth this summer for an extended disc golfing vacation, somewhere between 10-20 days, maybe in July or August. Do any of you need a house sitter OR know of anyone who is leaving Texas for a vacation? And could use a sitter? I'd love for you all to pass the word around for me.

Even at my advanced age, I could play a lot of Texas courses in 10 or 20 days. Houston or Austin could be a possibility, also.

The Valkyrie Kid
Puyallup, WA

i'm leaving town for 2 months in June and July

that said, i live in Denton which is not centrally located. and i live in a large but pretty ****ty older house with a roommate. the rent is cheap

played Boys Ranch today. pretty fun course, short but interesting holes.

hope nobody gets hit out there. there are a lot of pedestrians all over the place

Well...
a924b0f972d8f6dafaac7c9481f62264.jpg

Psh, we'll be out throwing all week. Nick Hyde this weekend. It's gonna be a battle of who has better footing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

Hey, does anyone know of a local "pro" who might be willing to do some lessons on the Arlington/Fort Worth side of DFW?

Psh, we'll be out throwing all week. Nick Hyde this weekend. It's gonna be a battle of who has better footing.

Advantage -- sidearms, and stand-still backhands.

He was, but last time I saw the list he wasn't on there.

Have two days off this week but a lot of to-dos so won't have more than about 3 hours at any one time to dedicate to discin'. With that constraint in mind, I'd like to knock out at least one course I haven't played yet.

So, do I...
1. Head to Z Boaz or Bicentennial from Irving and rush through it
2. Hit 2 9-holers, most likely the TCC SE course and Sonora Park
3. Take my chances with water at Trophy Club
4. 'Settle' for Greenbriar and get more to-dos done at home

Have two days off this week but a lot of to-dos so won't have more than about 3 hours at any one time to dedicate to discin'. With that constraint in mind, I'd like to knock out at least one course I haven't played yet.

So, do I...

Z-Boaz and Trophy Club are your best courses of the options. Bicentennial is nice, Sonora is also really good. Greenbriar and TCC SE are not anything special.

Z-Boaz or Trophy Club. Not sure how dry Trophy Club is.

Z boaz and Trophy Club. You can check the Trophy Club facebook page for updates on the course. There's going to be a tournament there Sunday I believe.

So, do I...

If the 3-hr time frame is during the week, I'd choose the furthest one from me, which may be Z Boaz in your case. If it's weekend, go with Trophy Club on Saturday. Getting a full round in a the Z with the mobs that play there on weekends is as much chore as fun.

Good stuff! Thanks everyone.
Looks like a Z Boaz solo round unless someone has time to show my the local lines either Thursday or Friday before 3pm (daycare pick-up)

Found some time on Friday to finally play Trophy Club.
Course was in great shape, but I can see it would be tough if not recently mowed. When it is though, that is my new favorite local 18 holer, really nice facility with trash cans everywhere, bathrooms and it looks like tee signs are coming soon since many posts are already sunk for them. Def worth the $2. :hfive: