• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

What old man group? PM me the details if possible. Thx.

There's about a half dozen guys, all but one is a grandmaster. The "youngster" is in his mid forties. We play a different course every week in the DFW region. Basically, a bunch of friends that play each other at our convenience. It usually takes at least half a dozen emails to finalize a time and place. Nothing official.

Driving isn't usually an issue. We've played courses from Weatherford west, Canton east, Dennison north, Crowley south. For some reason we haven't played as a group in Waxahachie (those that have played it ,me included, would rather choose a course elsewhere), but we're trying to put something together for Granbury.

PM me if you want me to let you know where we're playing next week. We usually won't know until Thursday or Friday.

I know this has been asked recently, but I didn't fine a definite answer to follow.

Any definite news in Bear Creek? Closing date? I'm strictly a casual player so my ear isn't very close to the ground when it comes to info like that.

From what I understand the farewell tournament was this weekend, anyone know if the original 18 will still be playable for a while?

keene-disc-golf-fall-tournament-1471728491-large.jpg

We're having our first c-tier in Keene and Cleburne! We've got 18 holes at a local golf course, and 18 in Keene. Merch payout for advanced and intermediate divisions, and a players pack for all divisions.

http://www.dgscene.com/keenediscgolf2016

I know this has been asked recently, but I didn't fine a definite answer to follow.

Any definite news in Bear Creek? Closing date? I'm strictly a casual player so my ear isn't very close to the ground when it comes to info like that.

From what I understand the farewell tournament was this weekend, anyone know if the original 18 will still be playable for a while?

City Council is expected to vote on the final proposal at the September meeting with construction of the dog park beginning in October.

See page 16 for the timeline.

http://www.grapevinetexas.gov/DocumentCenter/View/2732

Dropped by W.O. Harrington yesterday for a quickie, they have poured a 8 ft by 40 ft concrete slab in the middle of the area where #6 basket used to be in the middle of the property. No indication what it is for as there is no electricity or water anywhere near it, but some of the baskets have had chains replaced.

City Council is expected to vote on the final proposal at the September meeting with construction of the dog park beginning in October.

See page 16 for the timeline.

http://www.grapevinetexas.gov/DocumentCenter/View/2732

That is an old document, as of yesterday construction is set to begin Spring 2017. The course will be open until construction begins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lake Lewisville re-opening!

Just saw this update on the Lake Lewisville Park course page:

Course is 99 percent done with new layout looking amazing. New holes cut into the woods are so much fun. So glad this course is back up n running. Only missing 1 basket on hole 15. Will be ready by this Friday 9-9-16

:clap::clap:
:hfive:

Hey guys. I will be in the Arlington area in a week and a half for the bears cowboys game. I will have time to play 1 course (maybe 2). Which one or 2 are the must play ones? ive never played in TX before so really have no familiarity with the area.

Hey guys. I will be in the Arlington area in a week and a half for the bears cowboys game. I will have time to play 1 course (maybe 2). Which one or 2 are the must play ones? ive never played in TX before so really have no familiarity with the area.

Are you staying near the stadium? If so, Veterans Park would be your best bet. If you think you can stretch two courses in, there are 2 close to each other and not that far from Arlington on the Ft Worth side - North Park and Arcadia are within a few miles of each other and play differently.

For a more casual round try Bear Creek before it is closed by the city for a dog park. :thmbdown:

PM if you need more detail or someone to throw with really early on a weekend morning.

Bear Creek is near DFW airport, if you're up that way it'll be the closest, it's getting cut down to 9 holes in the next year, so you may want to get it in while its 18. Closest to AT&T stadium is probably Veterans (Maybe Turner is closer, but you can get to Vet pretty easily from the stadium.)

Just saw this update on the Lake Lewisville Park course page:

Course is 99 percent done with new layout looking amazing. New holes cut into the woods are so much fun. So glad this course is back up n running. Only missing 1 basket on hole 15. Will be ready by this Friday 9-9-16

:hfive:

I agree in that I like the new wooded holes. We played there last weekend however and got frustrated since we did not know the layout. The old tee signs are still up which confused us even more (hole 8 is old hole 16 .......we were in the right place but doubted ourselves because of the sign). With some play and a little more work it's going to be better than ever I think.

Are you staying near the stadium? If so, Veterans Park would be your best bet. If you think you can stretch two courses in, there are 2 close to each other and not that far from Arlington on the Ft Worth side - North Park and Arcadia are within a few miles of each other and play differently.

For a more casual round try Bear Creek before it is closed by the city for a dog park. :thmbdown:

PM if you need more detail or someone to throw with really early on a weekend morning.

I will be staying by the stadium but im not opposed to driving 20-30 minutes if the course is worth it. I was interested in checking out lester lorch. how is that? looked like 2 courses on the property. how long of a drive is it from Arlington with traffic? As far as the day I play it would most likely be on Monday cause im flying in on sat, have the game on sunday and my flight leaves on Monday at 7 pm so I will have some time on the Monday. Thanks!

I will be staying by the stadium but im not opposed to driving 20-30 minutes if the course is worth it. I was interested in checking out lester lorch. how is that? looked like 2 courses on the property. how long of a drive is it from Arlington with traffic? As far as the day I play it would most likely be on Monday cause im flying in on sat, have the game on sunday and my flight leaves on Monday at 7 pm so I will have some time on the Monday. Thanks!

Lester Lorch is good, one of the best courses in DFW I think and gets plenty of traffic. You can easily grab a third course a couple exits up the highway on a church property, that course has some unique holes as well and good use of elevation. They are not too far from Arlington, but not super quick to play. If you get started after the morning traffic dies down you could easily play all three before your flight.

Lester Lorch is good, one of the best courses in DFW I think and gets plenty of traffic. You can easily grab a third course a couple exits up the highway on a church property, that course has some unique holes as well and good use of elevation. They are not too far from Arlington, but not super quick to play. If you get started after the morning traffic dies down you could easily play all three before your flight.

ok awesome. based on the site, LL looked like one of the better ones but always better to confirm with a local. I think im gonna play both of those. What is the church course called? and is it 9 or 18?

ok awesome. based on the site, LL looked like one of the better ones but always better to confirm with a local. I think im gonna play both of those. What is the church course called? and is it 9 or 18?

The church course is 18, but a map helps a lot - Crossroads of Life DGC.

I've never played the Baptist Camp course right near Lester Lorch however. It used to be private but now I see the course page for Mt Lebanon Baptist Camp says "The course is designed to be a part of their many activity offerings for small groups, kids and team building. If you call they may let you play with permission.
Call (972) 291-7156 for more information"

If you get on that course I may skip work and join you. There is also a private course that does a Monday morning thing not too much farther away - The Jaranator. I've never played that one but am part of their FBook group.

The church course is 18, but a map helps a lot - Crossroads of Life DGC.

I've never played the Baptist Camp course right near Lester Lorch however. It used to be private but now I see the course page for Mt Lebanon Baptist Camp says "The course is designed to be a part of their many activity offerings for small groups, kids and team building. If you call they may let you play with permission.
Call (972) 291-7156 for more information"

If you get on that course I may skip work and join you. There is also a private course that does a Monday morning thing not too much farther away - The Jaranator. I've never played that one but am part of their FBook group.

Awesome. Thanks for the info. Im gonna be with the wife so I doubt she will be cool with me ditching her all day and playing 3 courses lol. I will however play both courses at LL since they are on the same property and that place looks pretty bad ass. It is an easier sell to her... haha. It will more than likely be on Monday based on the schedule.

Never ditch the wife, drag her along. Lol