• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

My buddy and I have been dying to check out Tyler, they have 5 courses (one park has 3 courses alone), so we might make a day of it.

I wouldn't advise trying to play all 5 in one day. Just spend the day at Lindsey, two sets of tee pads on both the red & blue courses. The gold course is one of the most difficult courses I've played so you can expect a very long round. The blue course is also very long and will give your arm a real workout from the long tees.

The Roc isn't too special. I'm glad I played it but have no plans on ever going again.

Havn't played UT Tyler, I hear that navigation can be an issue.

Oh I wasn't planning on playing all 5 courses in one day. I was thinking hitting The Roc and probably one or two rounds at Lindsey. We love our little Saturday road trips, usually going to Athens, then Canton for a couple rounds and it works out nicely. Figured we'd try Tyler soon.

All 4 is possible, we did it awhile back before gold was in. UT tlyer is cool and is worth it. Its basically 2 courses in one

For you maybe, we did it just fine and we had 4

anyone know how the camping is at lake lewisville?

ie. bathrooms and campsite crap

Trying to find a place to camp next weekend, being near a disc golf course is a plus. Any suggestions besides lake lewisville?

You can camp right next to the course I believe. It's called Lake Lewisville Park I believe.

Yeah I saw it last time I was there, just wanted to make sure no one has horror stories or something like "at night aliens come out of the lake, steal your clothes and then leave you sore and walking funny"

I guess I could be un lazy and google it though haha

You trying to stay in town?

I'd go to lake bistanaeu if you can travel. They have cabins, I assume camp sites also.
-giles

2 hour drive from McKinney is about my max. I'll see how far that lake is and see if the fiancé would rather go there. Thanks

Maybe this summer but next weekend we only get to spend one night since she doesn't get off till 11 pm on Friday from work and we have to do engagement photos Saturday morning so we are limited in time.

Got a few questions for the McKinney locals now lol

Just played a quick 18 at Alex Clark and I played through a few large groups of people since I was just two discin' it so I'm wondering about the mini's at Alex Clark...

Are the mini's still going on even though it gets dark way early now?
If so, are they open to anybody to join?
What time do they start?
How much is it?
Who do I talk to?

yeah... basic questions

Fiance works late so I have Wednesday evenings free to get some disc golf time in now.

And if anyone was there and saw me, thanks for letting me play through :)

Got a few questions for the McKinney locals now lol

Just played a quick 18 at Alex Clark and I played through a few large groups of people since I was just two discin' it so I'm wondering about the mini's at Alex Clark...

Are the mini's still going on even though it gets dark way early now?
If so, are they open to anybody to join?
What time do they start?
How much is it?
Who do I talk to?

yeah... basic questions

Fiance works late so I have Wednesday evenings free to get some disc golf time in now.

And if anyone was there and saw me, thanks for letting me play through :)

Every wednesday starts at 6 so sign up before then. Bring $7 with $2 going to an ace pot that adds up every week til it is hit. Bring $20 extra to join the club and get a bag tag, also need to be a member to get the full ace pot otherwise you can only get what came in that day. You will also need the little fishing bobber lights to tape to a disc and a flashlight isn't a bad idea. Don't expect to be home before 8

Just ask anyone standing around about the mini and who is taking money.

I've been playing that mini for about 6 years, lots of people come out when the time changes.

Ok, so next week I'll bring $27 bucks and show up at 5:30

I've got lights already flashlight etc. sounds like I know what I'm doing next Wednesday then.

The minis play from the short tees or the long tees?

Thank you!

Ok, so next week I'll bring $27 bucks and show up at 5:30

I've got lights already flashlight etc. sounds like I know what I'm doing next Wednesday then.

The minis play from the short tees or the long tees?

Thank you!

We have been playing shorts but you never know till the "players meeting" when the time changes we mix it up, evens long was played a lot.

I think world champ eric mccabe was playing tonight. I don't make it much anymore due to our baby and we both want to play. I probably played almost every week for years.
And it has two divisions so you don't have to compete with the really good players if you don't want to.

it was pretty thinned out when I showed up, I had gotten my haircut first though so I didn't show until dark, was just running through with a LED on my anode, 18 holes in 45 minutes so that tells you how thin it was

Latest posts