• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

LOL, I gotta tell you, NO! When I was there the grass was 6 feet tall! I have not been back there in like 2 years. That place was so bad when I was there, I think I gave it a 1, but if I went back after playing as many course as I have now, it might get changed to a half or a zero. I really hated that place. You would have to tell me it was completely redone before I would go back, or maybe if I was bored and just curious.

I sent Coppell parks & rec dept. an email a while back. They replied that they were planning on cleaning up the DG course this year and getting it in good shpae.

I sent Coppell parks & rec dept. an email a while back. They replied that they were planning on cleaning up the DG course this year and getting it in good shpae.

Well, that is some good news! I would try it again after that for sure!

How about Commerce? Is it worth the drive?

No, it is not worth the drive. I played it once back in February and then decided to skip it the next time I was in the area even though I had time to spare. It has a missing basket (#5) and most of the other holes are straight ahead shots with few obstacles that provide little challenge. Also, expect the majority of the course to be muddy after a rain.

No, it is not worth the drive. I played it once back in February and then decided to skip it the next time I was in the area even though I had time to spare. It has a missing basket (#5) and most of the other holes are straight ahead shots with few obstacles that provide little challenge. Also, expect the majority of the course to be muddy after a rain.

Good to know. Doubt I'll ever make the drive out there.

Audubon Wednesday Night Mini - $5 entry, flip/draw doubles, starts at 6pm, meet at pavillions near hole 16's tee.

We had 8 the first week and 11 last week. Come check out the new baskets and layout. The course was mowed last Wednesday, so its still looking good right now.

Played Corsicana earlier today. That's easily the longest 9-hole course I've ever played. It was great for practicing some drives.

Took some pictures for the site while I played. Will upload them at some point.

The Audubon "Putt for Dough" Challenge - Sunday, Aug 1 @ 2pm

3 dollars, 3 putters, 1 round (yellow tees), 1 division...winner takes all. Best score we've seen as of late is a 63...but rumor has it that JD Ramirez shot a 53! Expect post-round side games (ctp, putt-off, long drive, etc).

Also, the wednesday night dubs is getting pretty big...32 people last week, 20 the week before. According to the course contact, the city of Garland promised rubber tee pads within the next few months...good things going on at the 'Bon :)

veterans really could use some teepad adjustments this was much needed and the trophy thing sounds cool

I was up there for the Fahrenheit Fling last weekend, TD was saying they just got $3000 for Veterans to do some work, one thing was making the Teepads bigger and more uniform throughout the course.

Did 2 things today...

1. Played Weatherford (started at 1 pm) in this neat 100 degree weather we've been having...:gross:

2. Truly learned just what 'B.F.E.' really means...:eek:

Did 2 things today...

1. Played Weatherford (started at 1 pm) in this neat 100 degree weather we've been having...:gross:

if you can drive 15-20mins and be in a metro area, it is not BFE

try playing in Brady or San Angelo

Did 2 things today...

I live in Garland, but play Odessa's Cherokee Trail the most... B.F.E. is a truly relative... Weatherford is local...

I'm from McKinney, so while it's in a metro area, Weatherford is B.F.E. to me.

Wanted to play the 820 loop and hit Saginaw, Arcadia #2 and N. Richland Hills on the way back, but traffic and temperatures kept me from doing so.

From the ones I have played it would be in this order:Coyote,Beaver,Lake Lewisville,Turner,Harry Myers,Bear Creek,Veterans,Town Lake. When it is Texas hot in the summer Lake Lewisville jumps to the top of the list because you can jump in and cool off as many times as you want. I've heard Z-boaz is really nice but have not played there yet but I will.

Ron (Towne Lake) is doing a course in Priceton to tenatively be installed some time in 2011. Expect a beginner course probably 9 holes.

NASCAR Dave is doing another course out in Weatherford. Looks really cool from some pictures I've seen.

I heard rumors that Brian (lester lorch) had anohter project going but it was very hush hush on the where & when.

No word on any of the "Dallas courses" that were supposedly approved and just needed funding.

Latest posts