• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Ron (Towne Lake) is doing a course in Priceton to tenatively be installed some time in 2011. Expect a beginner course probably 9 holes.

NASCAR Dave is doing another course out in Weatherford. Looks really cool from some pictures I've seen.

I heard rumors that Brian (lester lorch) had anohter project going but it was very hush hush on the where & when.

No word on any of the "Dallas courses" that were supposedly approved and just needed funding.

I'm surprised that Sherman and Greenville don't have disc golf courses yet.

NASCAR Dave is doing another course out in Weatherford. Looks really cool from some pictures I've seen.

Really now? Same area as the current course? I used to live in Willow Park and played Weatherford back when it was a 9 hole course w/ dirt pads. It sure has come a long way.

Really now? Same area as the current course? I used to live in Willow Park and played Weatherford back when it was a 9 hole course w/ dirt pads. It sure has come a long way.

Yes, looks like the same park. I recall hearing something about renumbering the current course so the two courses 1st tee are very close. Deer Ridge is what the project is being called.

Yes, looks like the same park. I recall hearing something about renumbering the current course so the two courses 1st tee are very close. Deer Ridge is what the project is being called.

Very cool. Can't wait for that to come to fruition. It already took me a minute to figure out the 18 hole course. lol

Ron Silliman announced, at the Lewisville Open, that Frisco has contacted him about designing a course to be installed before the end of the year.

Googleing around, I saw proposals for courses in Little Elm and Flower Mound.

yea this is great news, however i heard that the plug has been pulled on the course in Little Elm, but looking forward to Frisco

Thats great land right there and less then 5 minutes from the house!

what tournaments are you guys going to next?
anything in between now and VPO look promising?

i think Bear Creek is having a tourney next sunday and then there is also one at alex clark in Mckinney next month, but these are fairly small

Last edited:
i think Bear Creek is having a tourney next sunday and then there is also one at alex clark in Mckinney next month, but these are fairly small

Alex Clark Memorial is my next event, and probably the last of the year for me. Nov 14th.

Guess I'm not playing the VPO like I've been planning all year. I thought Nov. 6th was the day of the event, but apparently that's just for the Pros. The AM tournament is this weekend! Hopefully I can get out there and watch the Pros, but I was psyched about playing. Unfortunately I made this discovery too late and can't request the weekend off work, plus funds are tight right now.

Now I've got my sights set on the Dynamic Disc tourney in Crowley this Dec. I better double check the date this time, it'll be my last tournament of the year.

Guess I'm not playing the VPO like I've been planning all year. I thought Nov. 6th was the day of the event, but apparently that's just for the Pros. The AM tournament is this weekend! Hopefully I can get out there and watch the Pros, but I was psyched about playing. Unfortunately I made this discovery too late and can't request the weekend off work, plus funds are tight right now.

Now I've got my sights set on the Dynamic Disc tourney in Crowley this Dec. I better double check the date this time, it'll be my last tournament of the year.

Yep, VPO snuck up on me too. I won't miss the DD at Bicentennial either. I've actually been playing there quite often.

Latest posts