• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Played the other day. Notta bad. Don't play after a rain, and can a brother het a couple bridges?

moved hole 6 tee into the woods today(sharp hyzer),Shane is going to see about the foot bridges.Walked the Frisco land last week with park and rec,they are going to use the sheriff department to clear the land*INMATES,CONVICTS!!!!!

Busy Saturday the 12th in DFW.

Team Discqualified's 2nd annual Paige Peirce Charity Open. Bring your own partner doubles. Towne Lake & Alex Clark in McKinney

Funkytown Flyers bagtag challenge at Autobahn in Garland

Weatherford's Ice Bowl

Rockwall Disc Golf. Not so sub-zero shootout at Harry Myers.

this is off the top of my head,,, double check before attending. lol

Just posted a review of the Princeton course.

I will be too busy moving this weekend and next, otherwise I would have loved to make of the above events.

Looking forward to March, when my schedule frees up a bit.

Any more news on the Kennedale Sonora Park installation? Schedule? Visited the park and it looks like a great D.G candidate.

Cool to see some of the touring pros play the wed mini at the Alex Clark up in McKinney. Jenkins, Doss, Matty-O and Owens. They are in town for the Title Disc Open in Rockwall. Anyone not playing the event this weekend should do one of two things. Either go watch the event in Rockwall or go help the McKinney DGA clear brush on the NEW FRISCO COURSE. Like McKinney Disc Golf Association on facebook for more info. Heck, you could probably even do both!

copied from MDGA facebook post:

The MDGA has teamed up with the City of Frisco and a leadership group to start working on the new Frisco Course. That's right, we will be building a new 18 hole course in Frisco. We are looking for volunteers this Saturday to help start the clean up. We will meet at 9 AM this Saturday and will be there for a few hours. The new course will be located at the B.J. Phillips Park in Frisco - Lebanon and 4th Army Road.

Baskets are in at Sonora in Kennedale. No signs yet but the course is pretty obvious.

About half of the tee pads need to be moved a bit example hole 4 was supposed to be to the right 10 feet but they only have posts in for teesigns so nothing that cant be easly moved. Anyways they got in a federal budget time line crunch. So it had to go in the ground. All of the baskets are as we discussed but they put tee pads a little close to some baskets and hole 6's bucket was supposed to be back by the creek. But they are only marked by a wood beam so they are easy to adjust later. They are currently trying to get grass to grow so be carefull its muddy in the green netting so please avoid so we can have a couple nice fairways:)

Last edited:
Baskets are in at Sonora in Kennedale. No signs yet but the course is pretty obvious.

FYI, there will be a Vibram Disc Golf Demo held by Steve Dodge and DiscGolfStation.com at 5:30 tomorrow (April 11th) before a 6:00 mini at Sonora Park in Kennedale for those interested. Lawrence Bacon will be running the mini.

Steve is going to show us what's new with Vibram Disc Golf, take questions, and give out prizes.

Disc Golf Station will have Vibram Discs available for sale and will be giving out $5 coupons to DiscGolfStation.com for all participants.

ill be at kennedale today it should be a good time for everyone cant wait for the vibram demo

Thanks to everyone that came out to play the mini yesterday. I am impressed with the disc golf scene at DFW. 40 people or so with three days notice? That was awesome, big kuds to Bacon "Lawrence" Alex for setting it up. He's probably wading the creek as I type.

So everyone knows, I met the mayor and town manager at the park (they came out to see what was going on and show support for disc golf and the park as soon as they heard about it). They were very cool and excited to have the course tested out this early in its life. Work with them, and the sport is going to have some great supporters going forward.

I was born in Wichita Falls and it was nice coming back to DFW (I had not been back since 1975!)

I forgot to thank DiscGolfStation.com for helping to set all this up. It was great meeting Grant and Clint, they are doing an awesome job building that site to be much more than an online store. Nice work fellas. Thanks for growing the sport!

Latest posts