• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Yeah, I think it would be cool to start our own little club/team! I already have some backing from Dynamic Discs. Plus, I know I could get Jeremy to help with getting a course put in.

I think we need to come up with some kind of proposal to submit to the city. I'll do some research!

Man I'm so down anything that involves me playing more disc golf or giving back to the disc golf community count me in

Don't let me deter you guys but the Funkytown Flyers club has already done the legwork in getting a club together. Your time would be better spent contributing to their efforts than starting from scratch in the same area with what sounds like the same goals.

So, I guess all the other clubs in the DFW area should just close shop because the funkytown flyers have a club...

Anyway, their home course is the Z. Arlington, Grand Prairie, Cedar Hill, and Kennedale are all closer to us. Plus, Fort Worth sucks…. LOL

I'm visiting DFW area this weekend, staying at a friend's in Keller, TX. I tried reading through here but there are so many pages .... what's the recommendation on best course to hit that is relatively close to Keller, say within a 30 minute drive. Have to keep it close as I'll be without car and relying on friend for transport. I'm an open level player so prefer challenging course.

So, I guess all the other clubs in the DFW area should just close shop because the funkytown flyers have a club...

Anyway, their home course is the Z. Arlington, Grand Prairie, Cedar Hill, and Kennedale are all closer to us. Plus, Fort Worth sucks…. LOL

No, but if you are starting a club with the purpose of installing courses around FW, that was the original goal of the FF club. They also have the money and people in place to get things done.

I wasn't aware that the FF had a home course or that it is the Z?

You should just move closer to disc golf. Sorry, I didn't realise how far out mansfield was.

For you guys who have played Pachall, I was wondering if you would be so kind as to post your PDGA rating along with your best score at Paschall. I'm just trying to figure out if I played above my rating today at 6 over (4 over if you go by the DGCR par rating), (my PDGA rating 747). Anyway, that's 7 throws better than my best previous score on that course, so I'm wondering whether it is a sign of progress.

960 rating (before I let my membership expire, oops)

45 (-9) from the shorts during a league mini. I believe my best from the longs was around 51 or 52. Hope this helps.

I'm visiting DFW area this weekend, staying at a friend's in Keller, TX. I tried reading through here but there are so many pages .... what's the recommendation on best course to hit that is relatively close to Keller, say within a 30 minute drive. Have to keep it close as I'll be without car and relying on friend for transport. I'm an open level player so prefer challenging course.

I would play Turner in Grand Prairie, Arcadia #2 (closest), Gateway in Ft Worth, and then the Vet in Arlington, in that order. There are many good courses, these are just my favorites using Keller as a hub.

You should just move closer to disc golf. Sorry, I didn't realise how far out mansfield was.

I live 10 minutes from Lester Lorch in Cedar Hill, 20 minutes from Veterans in Arlington, 20 minutes from the course in Kennedale, and 30 minutes from Turner in Grand Prairie. I think I live next to "disc golf". I just thought it would be cool to have one here!

I live 10 minutes from Lester Lorch in Cedar Hill, 20 minutes from Veterans in Arlington, 20 minutes from the course in Kennedale, and 30 minutes from Turner in Grand Prairie. I think I live next to "disc golf". I just thought it would be cool to have one here!

Mansfield is fairly close to many courses in the area. If I am just needing a quick round, there is a small 9 hole course at TCC off of New York Ave. I usually can make it to Lester Loach after work (530) and play an entire round before it gets dark. Work in SE Mansfield and live in Central Mansfield.

Kaos, you got a travel tag?

Mansfield is fairly close to many courses in the area. If I am just needing a quick round, there is a small 9 hole course at TCC off of New York Ave. I usually can make it to Lester Loach after work (530) and play an entire round before it gets dark. Work in SE Mansfield and live in Central Mansfield.

Kaos, you got a travel tag?

Nope.. Should I have one?

teach him the electric slide and he should be fine i also would like mansfield to have a course but the parks are pretty nice so i dunno if they would go for it

I heard that Brian is now doing minis at Lester Lorch on Thursdays at 6:00 from the new short pins. I really want to check it out, because most of the holes are short as it is. There should be a bunch of ace opportunities! Anyone game?

I can also go on Tuesday. What time are you going?

Latest posts