• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Are you guys playing this Friday? I have never played the course before, but it's not too far of a drive for me. Any entry fee etc?

Yes, as far as I know it will still be going on Friday night. $9 buy in. I think the break down is $5 for payout and the rest is split up between the ace pot and the course fund.
It usually ends before dark, but it isn't a bad idea to bring lights just in case it runs late or in the event of a playoff hole.

I'm not sure about Crowley.
Very hot course.

Come on now, it's TEXAS, it's 105 in the shade!!!! If your not going to play a course because it's "HOT" then go to Michigan!! I will say to stay away from Greenbriar, there isn't a tree in sight there!

Is there a course that's hands down more difficult than the rest? Where do the local pros go for a challenge?

Meanest Course in DFW

Agree about Gateway. Long and rough. Wear long pants and bring Deet. Watch out for creepy guys lurking in the bushes.

I never saw any snakes there and the swampy part should be dry, no rain for quite a while. One good thing about lack of rain is less mozzies.

If you want a REAL challenge, and don't mind the drive, head out to Tyler and play Lindsey Gold or Dogwood as we call it out here.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=3540

I have played 95% of the courses in DFW, in the 10 years I lived up there. There is no course in the DFW area that will offer the challenge that this course will. If you walk out breaking 80 you'll feel accomplished!!!!!

Also if you look at the review you will see that it has red stakes as tee boxes, these pics are old. The course has concrete tee pads and is in the best shape (manicured) it's been in, maybe ever!!! It'd definitely be worth the 1 1/2 hour drive!!

Last edited:
Gateway. It won't be crowded. A lot of the locals won't play it because it's a BEAST! Good luck! The "wear long pants" is not a joke. Wear good shoes too. The back nine is... just have fun.

I will be playing Veterans on friday to practice for the tourney on Saturday. If anyone would like to join let me know. Id love to have a few people to play a round with. I am flexible as long as we start before 2pm. Let me know!!!

Happy Discing!!!

For the locals in Funkytown... At Gateway, does anyone play the back nine in the summer?

I avoid that place like the plague in the summer. That is a fun winter course, but it is miserable in the summer.

Is there a course that's hands down more difficult than the rest? Where do the local pros go for a challenge?

Yes, but it is an hour and a half away in Tyler. The gold course at Lindsey park will blow your mind. It's well marked, and not busy at all in my experience. It's shaded with lots of shelter from wind. That said, I hear Niko parred it using nothing but two putters.

Other than that, I think Veteran's Park is the second hardest course I've ever played, with Z-Boaz being a close third. Vets is closed for the tournament, and Z-Boaz is always very busy.

I hear Gateway is the hardest in DFW, but have been discouraged from playing because the back nine is rumored to be so overgrown that players lose entire bags of discs there in a round. So if you are good enough to park the hole every time, great, but otherwise plan to wade through waste high grass looking for your disc. But I could be wrong. I haven't seen it for myself.

Last edited:
I've played Dogwood with Niko in a pritice round, no way he would play it with just putters.

Agreed Dogwood is the most challenging (but fair) course I've played in Texas. I wouldn't say Gateway was fair.

Gateway wouldn't be so over grown if people played it. just like any course. everyone grow a pair, and play it. that course is great.

Almost every good course in D/FW has a weekly mini tournament, you can play for cash every night of the week if you don't mind driving. What city are you moving to? You don't need to know about all the weeklys, just the ones near you.

Just found a rent house on Tuesday in Lewisville :thmbup: Looks like Lake Lewisville Park is just a couple miles away from where we'll be staying.

Latest posts