• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Alright I have a question for you DFW-westsiders

I've never played a tournament before, and I'm pretty terrible. But I'd like to try out a mini. Do any of the minis in the Fort Worth-Arlington area have divisions, or are they all open?

Nearly all of them do. And the Funkytown Flyers web site has all of them broken down into east side and west side

Awesome, I'll try and hit one up over the next few weeks. Think it would really be fun and helpful

I have a question about area courses. I'm trying to identify courses in DFW and (easy day trip)surrounding areas that meet all of the following criteria:

1) Multiple tees that are well established and clearly marked;
2) Concrete tees with tee signs for at least one set of tees;
3) At least 18 holes; and
4) A mix of significant water in play and wooded holes, with notable elevation.

So far I have:
Harry Myers;
Towne Lake;
Z-Boaz;
Crowley;
Selah (day trip).

Some great courses that didn't make the list include:
Cedar Hill (short tees move around and/or often are not marked);
Veteran's (short tees are not marked, lack of significant water in play);
Tyler's Lindsey Park Courses (lack of significant water in play);
Paschall (no elevation);
Audubon (no concrete tees; tee signs).

Are there any others that should be on the list?

I'm not sure that all the tees are concrete at Bicentennial, but a good number of them are. I think it hits on all the other criteria.

I'm not sure that all the tees are concrete at Bicentennial, but a good number of them are. I think it hits on all the other criteria.

All of the white and red tees are concrete on the regular 20 holes. Temps have grass.

I was told Anna will have a monster in the ground next summer! Something like 8200 from the long tees. Cleaning work is already in the works

There's 1 hole that doesn't have concrete tees. The rest do. but you can easily skip that hole because there is 19 others :D

North Park. Now with 100% more ground bees. Maybe they're bumble bees. Whatever they are, they are many. Found them in the wooded area between 11 and 12 and around the hack-berry trees if you throw too far on 14. I didn't get stung, but they were flying around 1-2 feet off the ground all 'come at me bro'.

Some limbs and a tree down too. Heard Haltom got hit with some powerful storms during the week. Wasn't muddy at all though. Been so dry, the ground just soaked it all up.

North Park. Now with 100% more ground bees. Maybe they're bumble bees. Whatever they are, they are many. Found them in the wooded area between 11 and 12 and around the hack-berry trees if you throw too far on 14. I didn't get stung, but they were flying around 1-2 feet off the ground all 'come at me bro'.

Some limbs and a tree down too. Heard Haltom got hit with some powerful storms during the week. Wasn't muddy at all though. Been so dry, the ground just soaked it all up.

Good to know. About to leave work and head that way for the mini.

i have those giant ground bees at my house and they are not aggressive at all no problems

i have those giant ground bees at my house and they are not aggressive at all no problems

They're generally not. But if you get into their ground nest, they go pretty crazy. A friend got into one while looking for his disc at Amigo Park in Cleburne. We had to run like mad to get away. He got stung, but rest of us were ok.

Not sure if you all heard or saw but the hole one shot over the river at Bear Creek has been moved. My guess would be that it is b/c of liability of people crossing the pipe.

Bees cannot distinguish a person standing still from a tree. Their vision is entirely motion based. Move very slowly in case of a bee swarm and you will escape harm.

Last weekend, with the help of many, Top Card Disc Golf was able to host a completely free disc golf tournament for junior players in DFW. Between donations and leftover discs from our last tournament, all of the 30 players left the course with a minimum of two discs to add to their bags that were provided by the Funkytown Flyers. Feel free to check out the photo gallery here: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.397232613665417.95051.156547904400557&type=1. We have things in the works for our next PDGA sanctioned event and will let everyone know as soon as we finalize everything.

Latest posts