• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

Ill believe there is concrete there when there is concrete there. They have been talking about that since the 2010 Into the Woods tourney

I'd like concrete pads on #6 at bicentennial. I think that's the only one there without one. Except 3b. That'd be awesome to put on there and get a sign made that says "3b" Lol

oh my friend, there were two concrete pads there for years. Then the neighbors next to the course got so fed up with the shanked discs that went into their yards, and people going into their yards without permission that hole #6 was totally pulled for a while. They even worked the tee pads being taken out.

Well, now the basket is back, but replacing those pads will be a chore. I think they are waiting to be sure they never have to pull it on account of people invading neighbors over a $15 piece of plastic that was the player's fault to get there. I heard one guy even climbed on one of the house's roof to get his plastic. Sheeesh!

DFW Courses as rated on DGCR.
#1 Harry Myers – 4.36
#2 Lester Lorch, Coyote – 4.25
#3 Lester Lorch, Beaver -4.18
#4 Towne Lake – 4.08
#5 Turner – 4.06
#6 Veteran's – 3.98
#7 Lake Park – 3.95
#8 Crossroads – 3.95
#9 Z-Boaz – 3.94
#10 Bill Allen – 3.76

Excellent list!! I've played 8 of those and love them all!

Haven't played Crossroads or Boaz, but they are on my to-do list.

Ash Creek Park

I heard word on facebook about AZLE City having funds for a 18hole course:clap: Anyone know any more about this course or just the terrain or layout of the park.

I heard word on facebook about AZLE City having funds for a 18hole course:clap: Anyone know any more about this course or just the terrain or layout of the park.

You should try and go design it.

I played Sonora and other than the electric fence coming into play, it was a great design. (the three 400' turn-overs were a bit repedative and had Haleigh thinking you were left handed) Great job with what you had to work with.

Looks like a bunch of trees on google maps

For anyone interested it sounds like the new baskets are in at Greenbelt Park in Carollton.

I checked with my Carollton DG crew chief and he hadn't seen them but heard they were in.

He also said Porter had 6 concrete tee boxes as of last week with more to come.

Yeah porter has a few concrete tees, my mom lives right by the course in the apartments off hole 3.

Now the city should just mow and it would be a course worth the trip...

And greenbelt still needs signs/pads :(

Exciting though to have things under developement

You should try and go design it.

I played Sonora and other than the electric fence coming into play, it was a great design. (the three 400' turn-overs were a bit repedative and had Haleigh thinking you were left handed) Great job with what you had to work with.

Looks like a bunch of trees on google maps

Did you review Sonora? The city checks that review page from time to time. The course is set up for all lefty holes I really had to work to get those righty hyzers:) You should have called I would have made the trip! I might just have to see if I can help out in Azel.

Did you review Sonora? The city checks that review page from time to time. The course is set up for all lefty holes I really had to work to get those righty hyzers:) You should have called I would have made the trip! I might just have to see if I can help out in Azel.

I can review it. We played it after checking out Greenbriar where Haleigh tied me :| but I put the smack down on her with a 22 at Sonora. I would have called if we were not just going for a quick round to check it off the list.

From google maps, and a street view it looks like a great property for DG (Azle).

http://grapevinegames.org/diskgolf.htm

With all the updates to the course and now this, it seems the city is becoming invested in livening up BC.

Anyone know if this is the first "Grapevine Games" or did anyone go a previous year? I haven't heard much chatter about it through the DG community.

I remember hearing about it before but I don't know of anyone going.

http://grapevinegames.org/diskgolf.htm

With all the updates to the course and now this, it seems the city is becoming invested in livening up BC.

Anyone know if this is the first "Grapevine Games" or did anyone go a previous year? I haven't heard much chatter about it through the DG community.

They have done it a couple times in the past two years. It is just a mini tourney to help clean up the park. I think there was one in May this year already but I could be off a month or two.

Towne Lake is now in mostly shot pin locations in prep for this weekends Staight Line tournament. A welcome change, and much needed in light of it being the third tournament at Towne Lake in just over a month.

I have Greenbelt marked as played even though I only played it after they pulled some of the holes. I feel obligated to go play the full 18. Maybe I'll do that this weekend. I'm playing the mini at the Lake Saturday, so I'll be in the neighborhood.

I went out to Greenbelt last Friday to play and could not figure out the layout, no teepads or maps to direct. I gave up after a few minutes and went to Lake Park. I never played it prior to any construction, so had no point of reference from prior rounds to get me started.