• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

In Azle?? For sure? Man that would make my day (fairly close to my house). Have any idea where??

Yup, course coming to Azle in Ash Creek Park. 18 holes, scheduled to open in mid to late March.

No, I just asked the parks director ;-) I live fairly close, so I may run by this weekend and see if I can see anything. If I can I'll provide a report ;-)

Has anybody been to Bicentennial in Crowley since they changed a few of the holes? In particular, number 13 is completely different now. We played a night round there this week and only one of us had been there since the changes. 13 looks to be pretty rough even in the daytime, but is darn near impossible at night, especially having no idea where the trees and creek are. But I think I like the change, I never cared for the old layout.

I've played the new layout a few times. I helped clear out the thorn bushes on 13. There was alot of bushes to cut down. I have some time off coming up and may go out and try to cut down the bushes a bit more. It is very slick on the hills. I almost want to suggest skipping it on days after it rains. This change was kind of forced by the city. I do think the course got harder with the update.

I'd heard that some of the neighbors had been complaining for a while, and my friend told me that largely behind the changes. I need to get out again during the day to really get a good look at it. I've never even wandered down to where 13 is now, but it looked pretty darn thick from what I remember. You had a ton of clearing to do down there. It has made the course harder, but I'm not really sure that that's a bad thing.

Harder? Seems easier to me. I threw about 15 strokes better on it than previously. In that time, my rating's only gone up about 75 points, which isn't enough to account for 15 strokes.

hole 13 at bicentennial isn't really harder, it's more risky than before. Parking it with a putter is a definite possibility if there is no headwind (or you can throw putters into headwind), but there is a creek that does come into play, and the putts from anywhere except on the hill are rough.

Previously it was trees surrounded by thick brush (the dirt around the teeboxes was all brush.) If all goes well after March 2nd (the bicentennial tournament), the city is paying to replace the teepads on 6 and 13(6's teepads were moved over to old 13's fairway.) I really hope all goes well, that way we can continue fixing our home course making it even better! :D

Any update on the new course in arlington??

Harder? Seems easier to me. I threw about 15 strokes better on it than previously. In that time, my rating's only gone up about 75 points, which isn't enough to account for 15 strokes.

I've only played it once since the change, 13 seemed more difficult, but the technical shots give me trouble so it may just be harder for me.

Well I took an injury at 13 the other day so I may go out and cut it back some more. I played a day after the rain and was real slick. I slipped on one of the hills and caught it on one of the bushes root base. Cut my arm pretty well. So since I have some time off soon I may go out their and dig up what is left of those.

Well, I walked through the proposed Azle course the other day. They have the land set, but they havent put in tee pads or baskets yet (but they're marked).

Was fairly impressed. The first 13 holes or so are pretty solid - some decent shots with a decent sized creek behind them. The last few holes are unfortunately not that great, as they go through the park and I worry about their vicinity to some picnic tables and the like. All in all though, it'll be a great course for me as it's 10 min from my house. I took a few pictures, will try and post them

There is a course getting completed in Anna. Team DGF is holding their first bag tag challenge there on 3/9/13. Check them out on Facebook.

About the tee signs at Audubon: It appears that the distances are correct IMO. The pars are way off base (par 71 for the course - even I can shoot under 60 if I play my best - under 65 or I'm not happy at all).

Well... waddooya think?

Even as a new player (only a few months) I'd say your numbers are realistic. I'd possibly add 15 also as a par 4 but cannot argue strongly for it. I got discouraged back in December at Audubon but it was just because of the length of most of the holes, not the expected par (I kind of agree with some of the threads here about stroke count, not par mattering anyway). I just didn't have the arm for Audubon and besides, Harry Myers is closer to me and more fun. Recently after sensing that my form had developed somewhat I returned to Audubon and literally saw 10 to 11 strokes difference since December. I've now posted two 64 scores so I'd say yes, they went too far with par on the new signs.

I will continue to work on the holes that give me trouble, but my complaint has to be with my game and not the old par.

Curtis

Hey Everyone!!

Thinking about taking a trip south into your area this weekend. Just curious if you guys got any snow in the storms that rolled through earlier this week and last week. I'm so sick of the snow up here I just gotta get away.

I'm wanting to head east on 20 and hit up the courses in canton and tyler.

Hey Everyone!!

Thinking about taking a trip south into your area this weekend. Just curious if you guys got any snow in the storms that rolled through earlier this week and last week. I'm so sick of the snow up here I just gotta get away.

Nope, no snow here in the metroplex.
Weather should be pretty nice this weekend, temps in the 50s & 60s. Cherry Creek (in Canton) is a fun play.

Weather is looking great. Maybe a little windy Sunday.

We're day tripping to Selah tomorrow. Creekside is now the highest rated course in the country! You should check it out.

Hey Everyone!!