• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

I put together a hole by hole tour of the new course in Keene. Sent the drone down the disc flight line for each hole. I'm going to do some more flights and clean it up a bit, 8 and 9 need completely reshot, and 1 is a bit choppier than I wanted. My piloting was poor on that hole. I want to find a better way to get the prop guards out of the shot (I hit as many trees flying my quad as I do playing the course, so I need to keep them on), but I think it'll be a nice project when I'm done. I may try some other courses once I get this down a bit better.

Last edited:
Went and played the two 9 holes in Keene today. Played Carver park as the front 9, and Southwestern as the back 9. Carver is fun, but probably not worth the drive were it not for Southwestern.

Went and played the two 9 holes in Keene today. Played Carver park as the front 9, and Southwestern as the back 9. Carver is fun, but probably not worth the drive were it not for Southwestern.

Carvers a nice addition to get to 18 holes, but probably not worth the drive in its own. We've also lost two major trees there, so it made a simple course even simpler.

It's good you got by Southwestern when you did, much earlier and the grass would have driven you crazy. It took us a while to convince the grounds guy it needed mowed better. They were keeping the the fairways ridiculously tight. We finally got the grounds guy out there to play a round, and he decided it had to be mowed better. The plan of brush-hogging once a month and spot mowing where needed didn't work this year with all the crazy rain. It sound like they'll keep it better in the future.

But we did get to make this awesome meme:
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1436967102.595997.jpg

Carvers a nice addition to get to 18 holes, but probably not worth the drive in its own. We've also lost two major trees there, so it made a simple course even simpler.

It's good you got by Southwestern when you did, much earlier and the grass would have driven you crazy. It took us a while to convince the grounds guy it needed mowed better. They were keeping the the fairways ridiculously tight. We finally got the grounds guy out there to play a round, and he decided it had to be mowed better. The plan of brush-hogging once a month and spot mowing where needed didn't work this year with all the crazy rain. It sound like they'll keep it better in the future.

But we did get to make this awesome meme:
View attachment 54413

Yeah SW was fun, and I know the rain has killed many DFW courses. I imagine the creek at Carver had no water in it this time last year lol. SW could have used a little more mowing, getting a skip in a fairway was pretty impossible for some holes.

You Dallas County guys are going to get hit with some good news soon...

I will not make another post in this thread or elaborate further, but I feel like teasing you guys. ;)

I know Denton's course isn't the best of courses but I recently went out there again and they have new Mach 5 baskets (orange) and are in the process of adding tee signs/poles. Should make an awesome addition to the course.

It's DFW Disc Golf, there's always a mini....

********** Sunday 7/19 **********
TIME: ----------- 8am sign up 8:30 am start
COST: -----------$7
FORMAT:---------Singles
MISC: Open/ Am/ Women divisions offered
TD/ Sponsor:Azle Disc Golf Club
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
TIME:---------------9:30am sign up - 10 am start
COST:--------------$10 open / $6 Amateur
FORMAT:----------Singles
MISC:---------------www.facebook.com/PlasticOnChains
TD/ SPONSOR:---Plastic On Chains/ Carlos Jimenez
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
TIME:-------------12:15p sign up, 12:45 start
COST:-------------$6 (includes ace)
FORMAT:--------Random Draw Doubles
MISC:-------------POCdiscgolf.com
TD/ Sponsor:----Plastic On Chains/ Carlos Jimenez
TIME:---------------3pm Start
COST:--------------$13 for Open/ $11 for Am
MISC: ---------------
TD/ Sponsor:-------A-Ray/ A-Train
TIME:---------------10:30am Start
COST:--------------$8 for Open/ $7 for Am
MISC: ---------------($1 to Ace, $1 to course)
TD/ Sponsor:-------
TIME:---------------6 pm start
COST:--------------$10 ( $5 to payout $5 to ace)
FORMAT:----------Draw doubles
MISC:---------------
TD/ SPONSOR:-- Ruben Galindo
TIME:---------------2:00 p.m.
COST:--------------$7 Includes $2 for ace
FORMAT:----------Draw Dubs
MISC:
TD/ Sponsor:-------Marc Doss
TIME: ----------- 10am start
COST: -----------$8
MISC:
TD/ Sponsor: Trey Gunn
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
TIME: -----------9:45 am signup 10am start
COST: -----------$6 Am/ $10 Master/ $13 Open
MISC: Members pay $2 more for Ace pot
TD/ Sponsor: Tony Shirley?

I was at Zboaz today. We saw some new tee boxes and pin locations we hadn't seen before. Liked some of them, didn't like others. But stuff happening at the course means there's a group there that's acting and working to improve the course. I like seeing that. It's kind what's been happening at Bicentennial in Crowley, lots of work going on there. I like seeing all of it.

Anyone know if Trophy Club is still underwater on some of the holes? Been thinking of going out there soon.

Latest posts