• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

So if I'm in Wichita Falls for the day and have some down time, what course should I hit up? I don't end up there very ofton.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So if I'm in Wichita Falls for the day and have some down time, what course should I hit up? I don't end up there very ofton.

Lucy Park unless you can get on Shepard AFB and play the course they installed on their old ball golf course. I haven't played it, but I hear that it's the best in town. (wouldn't be real tough). Access to the base is too much of an obstacle for me to even try to go there, but that's me...

Lucy Park is OK. It's pretty well laid out and has a lot of mature trees. It's also as well maintained as you'll get in the area.

By the way... hit up Parkway Grill after the round. Great place to eat, a couple of miles north of Lucy Park in front of the Walmart.

Lucy is what I was thinking about. I wasn't sure what's involved in getting on the base, so I wasn't gonna try.

Can anyone provide some details on this thread about the upcoming event in Euless? Flex start tourny on a temporary course on May 6th, apparently the city is looking at a permanent install. Would be awesome to have something only a few minutes from the soon-to-be-reduced-to-12-holes Bear Creek course.

I'd pull the info myself from Facebook but cannot due to work computer proxy settings...but at least they haven't blocked DCGR :)

Can anyone provide some details on this thread about the upcoming event in Euless? Flex start tourny on a temporary course on May 6th, apparently the city is looking at a permanent install.

The city of Euless has once again expressed an interest in hosting a disc golf course in their wonderful town. Funkytown Flyers Disc Golf has partnered with Rex Arm to provide another custom course installation, so the city can observe what a fully functioning disc golf course looks like at the Villages of Bear Creek Park. This is our opportunity to put our best foot forward, and share with them the joy and fellowship that accompanies disc golf and it's host communities. The $20 fee covers tournament entry and greens fee for the day. Professional divisions will play for cash, Am payout will be in merchandise. We will accommodate divisions upon request. Please use this event page to secure a tee time, we will keep a list updated daily. This is your opportunity to play with the group of your choosing. If you are unable to gather a group, we will partner you with others. Please indicate in your response if you are playing solo. We look forward to seeing you then!!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1897771283814221/

If I'm in town tomorrow, what's a relatively good course that's less affected by rain/flooding/mud? I was thinking Harry Myers but I imagine it might be in worse shape than other courses...

If I'm in town tomorrow, what's a relatively good course that's less affected by rain/flooding/mud? I was thinking Harry Myers but I imagine it might be in worse shape than other courses...

You can search this thread for other opinions on which ones drain well.

I say:
Duncanville Crossroads
McKinney Towne Lake
Lewisville Lake Park
Saddle Hills
Crowley Bicentennial

Just saw an announcement from Flower Mound that Twin Coves park will be opening soon, with a 4 hole disc golf course!

Thanks FM, sure to be a destination course.

I haven't played Mountain Creek either. Flat, open without defined tee pads wasn't much of an attraction to me.

I might drop by for a round since they've updated the course.

they have had concrete tees for the redesigned layout of 9 holes for awhile now. it's a reasonable 9 hole with mostly longer holes and usually a couple of large, mature trees to navigate around; a few shorter holes.

9 holes left plenty of space, which is needed as there are always pedestrians around on the walking paths. before, those paths only came into play on one or two holes. i'm curious to see what it looks like with 18 holes. my initial reaction is not good but i can keep an open mind.

mountain creek dgc

they have had concrete tees for the redesigned layout of 9 holes for awhile now. it's a reasonable 9 hole with mostly longer holes and usually a couple of large, mature trees to navigate around; a few shorter holes.

9 holes left plenty of space, which is needed as there are always pedestrians around on the walking paths. before, those paths only came into play on one or two holes. i'm curious to see what it looks like with 18 holes. my initial reaction is not good but i can keep an open mind.

I saw this thread and the course update and decided to try the course out today (6/3/17) to see this nice "18 hole layout"... There are only 9 baskets still. Unfortuantely the 18 hole layout consists of 9 concrete pads and then 9 faint orange painted lines on the ground to make 18 holes total playing to the 9 aformentioned baskets. The concrete teepads are nice and the 9 holes are really fun, but the 'new' tees are ALL shorter beginner versions of the concrete pads. Some of the lines of paint were hard to see unless you were right next to them, some of them i couldnt find at all. Overall I wasnt super impressed with the "18 hole layout" but the 9 holes is solid!

My brother and I played it years ago and we couldn't even find all the tees. We just made some up and we haven't been back

yeah, back then there were no marked tees. it's much better now.

alternate tees is not very exciting, especially if they're not particularly well done. but i think that's probably better than 9 more baskets in that park.

Back when we played it there were a lot fewer choices in the DFW area. I doubt we will get back there with so many better options

for sure, make sure you stop by the Jaranator you're next time in town. my favorite in the area and the best around too, imo

Latest posts