• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

The new course is at Heritage Park in Flower Mound. I figured someone would be talking about this gem.:popcorn:

Heritage-Park-Phae-4-map-300x214.jpg

If you play Zboaz and have time for another round go up to Saddle Hills in White Settlement (5 miles north of Zboaz). There are temporary signs now to help with the navigations issues and it is currently is in the long, tournament layout (10/25/18 until 11/12/18). It will give you all the elevations and types of shots that you want in a diverse course.

Don't see any listing on DGCR for Heritage Park Flower Mound. The only one in Texas is out by Selah.

Just checked...still under construction.

The whole area is fenced off and there were people actively working on it.

Just checked...still under construction.

The whole area is fenced off and there were people actively working on it.
I routinely take my dog to the dog park there, and I've been anxiously awaiting it's installation. Meanwhile, I decided to play Turner today. I'm really going to miss that course when it's removed.

Thanks for the update.

I've found myself avoiding Turner lately so I'm less pissed and disappointed when it's gone. I played Bear Creek a ton before it was pulled and it was agonizing, so I'm taking a different approach with Turner.

I took the "binge" approach with Bear Creek and doing it again with Turner. There are only so many good courses, I figure to play them while they're here.

Does anyone have any details on Harry Myers? I was told that John Houck is redesigning the course and eliminating/changing some of the problem holes down in the bottoms. We played there yesterday and there is a ton of work done trimming trees and even a new fairway cleared beside hole 9's fairway.

Does anyone have any details on Harry Myers? I was told that John Houck is redesigning the course and eliminating/changing some of the problem holes down in the bottoms. We played there yesterday and there is a ton of work done trimming trees and even a new fairway cleared beside hole 9's fairway.

Here is a little more information posted today by Matt Siri (Hyserbomb) about the H.M. renovations:

"So, we've had a few people make mention of it, so I figured I'd address the rumors now that I've had a chance to talk with P&R at Rockwall.

It is true, Harry Myers is going to be getting a makeover very soon. So, the course we know will be changing, but will be for the better. We will be losing holes 5-7, but will be gaining 3 new holes also. There will be some other smaller changes happening also.

The city is already working on the changes, and we'll see everything happening pretty quickly the next few months.

These changes are to bring Myers up to date (as the course is over a decade old now), help with issues for the Nick Hyde Memorial in terms of flooding and playability, and to generally give us a better course to play.

There's some other good stuff that could come from this in the future, so for the time being, go play Myers when you've got a chance and enjoy the course in it's current layout.

Hopefully, we'll still potentially be able to use the old layout occasionally for tournaments, but the new layout is 100% coming.

With that said, 2019 Nick Hyde Memorial is already well in the works. Media plans and players packs are already well in the works and nearly finalized, and we're in store for another amazing tournament.

You guys ready for 2019????"

I'm looking forward to the changes and also the Nick Hyde this year. As all of you in DFW know it has been very wet this year. Our chances to play Harry Myers have been slim and far between, mainly because of the problem holes down in the bottoms.

Matt said (in a PM) to tell y'all to address any questions his way.

We need the Disc Golf Pro Tour back @ Harry Myers. From what I hear, it was not the course's fault it was pulled. :(

I understand that it's be prestigious to have a DGPT event up here again. But honestly as far as going to the event to spectate, I really liked going to Nick Hyde this last year much more than WACO. The DGPT event at Waco was a complete circus. So many people squeezing through those tight wooded holes at the Beast, it just got ridiculous. It was just easier to deal with at Harry Myers. Part of that was the more open course, but also just by having a lot less people. I'm just not real interested in going down to Waco again.

I played Castle Hills in Carrollton today for the first time. Tee signs with nice hand drawn art style are in place on this new course, although the course map sign and #1 tee have already been vandalized and are missing. Bummer! Why can't kids find more constructive things to do with their time? By the way, that's one muddy course. I might wait to play that again next summer to be sure it's dried out.

As the new year is upon us, I would like to take this time to thank everyone involved with the DFW disc golf community. For those who may not know, DFW is one of the most active disc golf areas in the county. Almost every day of the week there is a casual/pro mini and the weekends usually bring us either more minis or official PDGA tournaments. If you are on Facebook and have not joined the DFW Disc Golf Mini List, you should take the time to join. It can be reached here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DFWDGminis/

I setup this account here to simply provide an outlet for posting information about the DFW disc golf scene. While playing in over 200 local DFW PDGA events, I've witnessed some interesting developments, trends, in recent years regarding PDGA tournaments that the DFW community may or may not be familiar with, especially how these compare with events in other parts of the country.

If you don't know about the 2019 Tour Standards set up by the PDGA, I would highly suggest taking the time to view this document. I will be using the information provided in this document from time to time to highlight various details in regards to PDGA tournaments in the DFW area.

https://www.pdga.com/files/2019_pdga_tour_standards_0.pdf

As you will know from reading the 2019 PDGA Tour Standards document, there is a pricing structure setup by the PDGA that TDs are encouraged to use. While there is no official mandate on the pricing structure, as written in the document: "TDs are strongly urged not to exceed the values listed in this table in determining their PDGA net entry fees."

I will not interject personal opinion into the facts I post here. I will leave that up to anyone reading it and they can decide what they would like to do with the information provided.

There is a trend in the DFW area to lower PDGA entry fees for pros while raising the fees for ams.

(Verified on 1/3/2019)
Hyzerbomb: 2019 Polar Open 1/12/2019
MPO division $10.00 lower than the suggested pricing structure while Immediate is $20.00 HIGHER than the PDGA suggested pricing, Rec & Junior is both $15.00 higher.

(Verified on 1/3/2019)
Dynamic Discs: Straddle the Brazos 1/13/2019
MPO division $15.00 lower than the suggested pricing structure while Immediate is $25.00 HIGHER than the PDGA suggested pricing, Rec is $15.00 higher & Junior is $10.00 higher.

As the new year is upon us, I would like to take this time to thank everyone involved with the DFW disc golf community. For those who may not know, DFW is one of the most active disc golf areas in the county. Almost every day of the week there is a casual/pro mini and the weekends usually bring us either more minis or official PDGA tournaments. If you are on Facebook and have not joined the DFW Disc Golf Mini List, you should take the time to join. It can be reached here:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/DFWDGminis/

I setup this account here to simply provide an outlet for posting information about the DFW disc golf scene. While playing in over 200 local DFW PDGA events, I've witnessed some interesting developments, trends, in recent years regarding PDGA tournaments that the DFW community may or may not be familiar with, especially how these compare with events in other parts of the country.

If you don't know about the 2019 Tour Standards set up by the PDGA, I would highly suggest taking the time to view this document. I will be using the information provided in this document from time to time to highlight various details in regards to PDGA tournaments in the DFW area.

https://www.pdga.com/files/2019_pdga_tour_standards_0.pdf

As you will know from reading the 2019 PDGA Tour Standards document, there is a pricing structure setup by the PDGA that TDs are encouraged to use. While there is no official mandate on the pricing structure, as written in the document: "TDs are strongly urged not to exceed the values listed in this table in determining their PDGA net entry fees."

I will not interject personal opinion into the facts I post here. I will leave that up to anyone reading it and they can decide what they would like to do with the information provided.

There is a trend in the DFW area to lower PDGA entry fees for pros while raising the fees for ams.

(Verified on 1/3/2019)
Hyzerbomb: 2019 Polar Open 1/12/2019
MPO division $10.00 lower than the suggested pricing structure while Immediate is $20.00 HIGHER than the PDGA suggested pricing, Rec & Junior is both $15.00 higher.

(Verified on 1/3/2019)
Dynamic Discs: Straddle the Brazos 1/13/2019
MPO division $15.00 lower than the suggested pricing structure while Immediate is $25.00 HIGHER than the PDGA suggested pricing, Rec is $15.00 higher & Junior is $10.00 higher.

That's easy to figure out why. They're trying to lessen the so called "baggers,' by lowering the threshold entry fee for open (trying to attract more) and making it higher in Rec and intermediate (trying to discourage more). Those divisions are where most of the complaints come from.

Latest posts