• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DFW disc golf

i've only played the original 9 but it was fun. are the new holes more wooded or similar to the old ones?

New holes are significantly different. Much more wooded. Two water carries (one 200-plus feet) and a 600-foot hole with thick trees lining both sides of the fairway.

A new 18-hole course is open in Rowlett (behind Rowlett HS; at the community center). No map, and empty posts where T signs will go (at least when I played 9 days ago). I am told Avery Jenkins designed it, but I don't have enough information to list it here. It's probably a 3.5 for me, but some of my buddies who played with me thought it was at least 4.0. Elevation and trees are well used, but very little water in play, and no water carry.

I talked to Avery, I think I am going to wait till they do a ribbon cutting and play it as a #15XX

The city/news might like that, you never know.

Very much enjoyed my round with dgaficionado in Richardson last week (course #1498 for me)

If I had known you wanted to play a tag round, I would have made sure I had mine on me

I have not made the time to get up to Oak Point for that little 9 holer, it's only like a 20 min drive from my house. I just need to make the time.

I have not played Creek Bend church course yet in Midlothian, The plan was to add 9 more holes across the street, I would really rather wait till they are installed. This course is not yet listed here.

Sam with Southwest high school course by John Forrester I believe that is totally unlisted at the moment.

And as I was trying to see if Southwest HS was listed, I noticed a private course I didn't know about in Cleburne.

A new 18-hole course is open in Rowlett (behind Rowlett HS; at the community center). No map, and empty posts where T signs will go (at least when I played 9 days ago). I am told Avery Jenkins designed it, but I don't have enough information to list it here. It's probably a 3.5 for me, but some of my buddies who played with me thought it was at least 4.0. Elevation and trees are well used, but very little water in play, and no water carry.

I walked along with the guys when they played it, first time, in case there's been more... I'd agree with the 3.5, but it looks like a really fun 3.5 if you have a pretty good arm. Being that I'm on the injured list (apparently for a few more months) I'm thinking this course is a little too much for the crippled, noodle armed old man. Maybe it will be more fun in a year or so.

I haven't put the Southwest H.S. course on any websites yet. It is in and playable. There is construction equipment and dirt mounds from a city project in the way of the original design, so we shortened a few holes and made it work to get the kids playing as soon as possible.

I haven't put the Southwest H.S. course on any websites yet. It is in and playable. There is construction equipment and dirt mounds from a city project in the way of the original design, so we shortened a few holes and made it work to get the kids playing as soon as possible.

Don't blame you for waiting until it can be back in its OG config before putting it on the site and garnering reviews.

I walked/played the course this morning, and I have significant safety concerns with the placement of 4 of the 7 baskets, including No. 5, which is 10-12 feet from seating for the football field. I hope those will change, but the pin locations are in concrete and appear to be permanent. Baskets are high quality (6 are Innova DiscCathers, one is a Veteran); tee pads are marked with something like plywood tacked into the ground, so they are difficult to find even with the map from the club's Facebook page.

FYI, Per Avery, Ribbon Cutting for Rowlett is 5:30 this Thursday (5/18)

I will be there and will hopefully make it at least course #1504 unless I play something else this week. (dealing with a gout attack at the moment)

Texas Disc Golf Hall of Fame induction ceremony is at Live Own Brewery on Friday the 19th, I will be there too. If I can, I hope to get in a course or 2 before the event.

I walked/played the course this morning, and I have significant safety concerns with the placement of 4 of the 7 baskets, including No. 5, which is 10-12 feet from seating for the football field. I hope those will change, but the pin locations are in concrete and appear to be permanent. Baskets are high quality (6 are Innova DiscCathers, one is a Veteran); tee pads are marked with something like plywood tacked into the ground, so they are difficult to find even with the map from the club's Facebook page.

The Southwest course is not meant to be played while a crowd is in the stands. That should have been obvious. All the structures on the campus are used as obstacles until we get some trees planted. All the basket placements are permanent. The other sports areas, when being used, have priority and the holes playing across those areas shouldn't be played when they are being used. The tee pads will be marked better when the construction finishes up and I put it on here and other sites. Right now it is playable and meant to be used by the students and local community that are close to the course.

The Southwest course is not meant to be played while a crowd is in the stands. That should have been obvious. All the structures on the campus are used as obstacles until we get some trees planted. All the basket placements are permanent. The other sports areas, when being used, have priority and the holes playing across those areas shouldn't be played when they are being used. The tee pads will be marked better when the construction finishes up and I put it on here and other sites. Right now it is playable and meant to be used by the students and local community that are close to the course.

I understand that the course can't be played when those fields/areas are being used, but having seen the course and knowing the neighborhood and school, I now know that means the course is unplayable probably 80-90 percent of daylight hours.

Not available:
-- August-May, Monday-Friday, all day: School in session until 3:30 or 4; school teams practice or have games at football/soccer, baseball and softball fields after that; in many cases multiple practices/games at the same time.
-- Year round, Saturday, all day: Various community groups or organizations using fields for games or practice. A mid morning Saturday in May saw football/soccer, baseball and softball fields in use.
-- June-July, Monday-Friday, 5-dark: Various community groups or organizations using fields for games or practices.

Available:
-- June-July, Monday-Friday, sunrise-5p: Most youth teams don't practice daytime on weekdays, but that doesn't mean you won't encounter a group of kids during the day.
-- Year round, Sunday, all day: This assumes that youth and school teams don't practice on Sunday, but show up on enough Sundays, and you'll find the fields in use some of the time, whether it's an organized team or a pick-up game.

It's a school course for students. If you are not inrolled in the school, just be glad if you can ever play it.

This assumes that the High School can get a Disc Golf Team together or use the course for a recreation class.

I just noticed on UDisc that the course in Prosper (called Honey Locust) has newly installed tee signs and a map. Also, the signs designate the course name as Prosper Center Park Disc Golf Course, so I've sent a message to the admin to change the name from Honey Locust.

We're talking about doubling up a day trip to Trey Duece and this one before it gets too hot.

Breckinridge Park in Richardson is finally getting a permanent course installed. Eric McCabe is the designer and he's calling it a "fantasy park-style course". He also said if it's popular then the city may consider a larger course at another location in the park.