• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG bags on the airplane

I always bring my bag whenever I fly. Disc golf always fits in to wherever i'm heading. I've never had any issues whatsoever. I've received a high five from some TSA worker that said"disc golf, hell yeah".

Been on 4 airplanes with the bag as a carry-on and it has never caused me any delay or additional search.

Bah. I've had my mag-light confiscated on a flight because it was a dangerous weapon. I've had my face smashed in by a disc, but you guys get to carry them on planes???

I want my flashlight back. :(

In December I went to Austin on a DG Trip. Got everything packed into my Ozark. When we get to the airport we find out were on a puddle jumper. Smaller overhead. So my buddy get his Mahal in there but I just can't get my Ozark to fit. So I leave in hanging out thinking the Waitress In The Sky will be able to get to fit. Well, she rips me a new one and I have to run out of the plane and have them check it. I'm filling out the tag and tells me all this stuff that's not enclosed we are not liable for. She starts to walk off and I'm yelling wait a minute I need those two Pro Pigs there in the front pocket! No way was I letting those get tossed in the bottom of the plane. Then of course she's a total B*&ch to us the whole way going as far as to pass my buddy by for drink.

Same trip on the way home, bigger plane. I go to put my bag in the overhead and someone has a long, skinny item pushed clear to the back. So I cram my bag in there smashing up against several times. Come to find out it's some guy's violin! Whoops!

I just carried an Innova Competition bag onto a Delta plane last week. It fit under the seat in from of me so I didn't have to worry about finding a spot overhead.

Used my revolution carolina as my "personal" bag. Only issue I had was on a little crop duster it would not fit below the seat in front of me or above in a bin. Honestly thought I would get some kind of questions from someone in security. But no questions and everything went smooth.

Used my revolution carolina as my "personal" bag. Only issue I had was on a little crop duster it would not fit below the seat in front of me or above in a bin. Honestly thought I would get some kind of questions from someone in security. But no questions and everything went smooth.

I've had TSA comment on my bag multiple times. But it's always positive, something along the lines of "oh disc golf, cool"

When I went to Vegas in November, I used a Nutsac, and only took the six discs I use the most, and carried it on like a purse.

I've flown several times with a bag and only one time did the TSA take an extra look at my bag. The guy swabbed my discs and stuck the swab in a testing machine of some kind.
DSCJNKY

Got stopped in Albany (not a huge DG precense around here yet), bag opened, wiped down, etc. They ended up letting me through no problem in the end. Just as I was packing up, another agent walked over who recognized the discs and said that the trace amounts of fertilizer picked up from landing in wood chips (which we have around the baskets on my home course) can set off the machines sometimes.

No issues in Nashville or Raleigh airports, though.

I flew last month, and I was worried the security guys would think I was gonna go Oddjob on the plane with my discs, so I packed 'em in the bag I checked in.

I only took 5 with me.

Latest posts