• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

"DG Caddy" for iPhone

andrewtclarkson

Par Member
Searched and didn't find a review on it, so thought I'd do a bit of a review

I downloaded/purchased about 5 of them and this is the best. Still could use a tweak or two, but overall very nice.

It was .99c. You can enter multiple courses, each with multiple tees/distances, and par for each hole. It keeps a running tally of your score relative to par and saves your scorecards/rounds so you can go back and look later (but it only saves your stats for the single player interface) You can keep track of other peoples scores in it and email/facebook/twitter them the scorecard.

It runs a dif interface when you're playing yourself, which tells you your average, best and worst score on each hole.

It's got a decent score entering interface, and automatically moves to the next hole when you enter all the current scores, AND you can go back and edit if you screw up (not a feature on some other apps).

There is also a tab to enter your discs and keep track of notes, but I've never used it.

If you have your phone on the course, it's a worthwhile way to spend a buck!

It is horrible for "group" round option. If you hit the back button at any point or completely shut the app down at any point, the group round is gone. BUT I love it for keeping my own score. It always has your own score saved...just don't use it for more than yourself because you run the risk of clearing everyone else's scores out pretty easily

Easy score card was the best when I had my Nexus1. When I had a iphone I just used the notepad, due to issues like the New013.

I've had no issues. Yea if you leave the app in group round it disappears so don't use the back button. You can go back and edit previous scores on the holes.

There are some things I would add to the app after using it.

I would make it possible to look at graphs for every recent course and not just per course. I wish you could adjust the courses for different layouts instead of having to make a new course per layout. If there was a way to connect and compare your scores to your friends that would be a sweet addition. A place for written notes on every hole would be nice. Right now you can just see which disc and angle you used and how effective it was. Another fix that should be made is that you can only see your average per hole while in round; if you could do this when looking at the course info that would be cool.

That's all I can think of now. IMO it's the best app out there for keeping track; but I just like graphs.

you can even input the disc you threw, how you threw it (rhbh, lhov, rhfh, etc) and even the angle you threw said disc at, rating each shot with a 1-5 scale. pretty good for seriously taking your game, tracking what works and what doesnt.

does crash a lot though.

I haven't had problems with mine crashing.. I use it on the iPod so that might have something to do with it. I usually click the top button after inputing my score, try that to see if it stops the crashes.

It is horrible for "group" round option. If you hit the back button at any point or completely shut the app down at any point, the group round is gone. BUT I love it for keeping my own score. It always has your own score saved...just don't use it for more than yourself because you run the risk of clearing everyone else's scores out pretty easily

It doesn't lose your score, you just need to go into "List" and pick your round and go back to the hole you were at. You can do this regardless of whether you hit the home button, the phone rings, whatever

I wonder if you can get it for Ipod touch? I have been wanting one of those, and this sounds fun.

Anything you can get for iPhone you should be able to get or touch.

I use disc caddy for android, it is free and works great. Store your courses par for each hole not sure how many players you can store but it is more than 13 that I have stored.

Latest posts