• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG courses near airports

KevinBrooker

Hello,
I'm trying to build a data base for small airplane pilots who also play DG. The idea is matching courses within 5 miles of a small airport. For example Maple Hill is adjacent to the Worchester airport. Pinnacle in Newport, NH is a short walk from the Parlan field.

If anyone knows where to find a list of lat/long (gps coordinates) for the courses I can combine this list with a list of airports. So far I have not been able to scare up a DG course list.

Thank you for the help with this, Kevin

Jet stream/ Snyder park is next to Ft Lauderdale airport

Dolese youth park is close to Wiley Post airport.

Woodson park is close to Will Rogers airport.

Owens Field in Columbia, SC, is across the street from Jim Hamilton -Owens airport. You could probably throw from the terminal parking lot to one of the fairways.

Owens Field in Columbia, SC, is across the street from Jim Hamilton -Owens airport. You could probably throw from the terminal parking lot to one of the fairways.

Trivial fact: the park the course is in, was once one of the runways for the airport, before they reduced the airport to a single runway.

Laurens County Park (Laurens, SC) is also adjacent to an airport. However, it is on the opposite side of the runway from the terminal so, although you can see the airport from the course, I don't think you could walk from one to the other. Not easily, anyway.

This site has lat/lon coordinates for most every course, and UDisc likely does as well, but AFAIK neither is directly downloadable/scrapable/queryable.

Idlewild is famously right next to the Cincy airport.

There are 7 or 8 courses with 'Airport' in the name on this site, the most well-known probably being Airport Lakes in Orlando FL, which is indeed very close to the Orlando Intl Airport.

Calvert Rd DGC in College Park MD is next to the College Park Airport (which claims to be the world's oldest continuously operated airport).

Sunset in Vegas is right next to McCarran but not the scale of airport you seek.

College Park Airport in Maryland is within walking distance to Calvert Disc Golf course. The end of the runway is about 1/8 of a mile from the course.

The twin cities has a bajillion disc golf courses and 5 or 6 small airports scattered around, that'd be a prime destination for a couple $100 disc golf rounds. Although with airplane rental prices these days the $100 hamburger has gotta be more like $500 lol

Five miles is a lot, considering that both courses and airports tend to be placed near where people live, but out where land is cheaper. I wouldn't be surprised if most courses had some kind of airport within 5 miles.

W.O. Harrington just east of DFW. It's just 9 baskets in a field but hey, it's 9 baskets in a field.

Latest posts