• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG courses near airports

Five miles is a lot, considering that both courses and airports tend to be placed near where people live, but out where land is cheaper. I wouldn't be surprised if most courses had some kind of airport within 5 miles.
Yep, disc golfers mind airplane noise a lot less than homeowners do.

North SeaTac, Memphis Armory, Kincaid Park (Anchorage AK) and Mouer Park (Phoenix AZ) are 4 that I've played that are smack under approach paths of major airports.

Seeley Lake, MT. Small airfield is about a mile down the road from the local school/DG Course, Blackhawk.

I wouldn't recommend putting courses closed to the general public on this list!

Or at least put an asterisk on it. I've got a suspicion that if you fly a plane, the proprietor will make an effort go get you in, and on the course.

Hello,
I'm trying to build a data base for small airplane pilots who also play DG. The idea is matching courses within 5 miles of a small airport. For example Maple Hill is adjacent to the Worchester airport. Pinnacle in Newport, NH is a short walk from the Parlan field.

If you have a list of small airports, you can use the "Courses - Browse Map" feature in this site to find nearby disc golf courses.

If anyone knows where to find a list of lat/long (gps coordinates) for the courses I can combine this list with a list of airports. So far I have not been able to scare up a DG course list.

The "Course Info" tab for each course on this site lists this information - just press "Click to view" on Latitude/Longitude under "Location Details."

Jet stream/ Snyder park is next to Ft Lauderdale airport

Dolese youth park is close to Wiley Post airport.

Woodson park is close to Will Rogers airport.
JET Stream is definitely close, but I'm not sure if FLL @Fort Lauderdale qualifies as a small airport.

Lakeshore -The Ponds
Lakeshore -The Woods
Are close to Willow Run airport in Ypsilanti, MI

If anyone knows where to find a list of lat/long (gps coordinates) for the courses I can combine this list with a list of airports. So far I have not been able to scare up a DG course list.

DGCR provides coords for courses on the Course Info page/tab. Not sure if Tim can give you that in a file.

Last edited:
W.O. Harrington just east of DFW. It's just 9 baskets in a field but hey, it's 9 baskets in a field.

Sorry, can't read. Small airports, huh?

Glenn C. Hilton Park is close to the Hickory, NC regional airport.

And of course Redstone Arsenal. Most pilots can't fly into the army installation but there are a bunch of small private airstrips around it.

The Tower Ridge courses and the less popular Northstar middle school course are within 5 miles if the Eau Claire Regional Airport. Probably all the Way Claire courses fall within the range really.

Denton Enterprise Airport in Denton, TX is 5.2 miles from North Lakes Park where there are now two 18 hole courses

Fort Worth Alliance Airport is 4.2 miles from Haslet Community Park

Addison Airport near Dallas is 3.9 miles from Jimmy Porter Park and 5.7 miles from Greenbelt Park

McKinney National Airport north of Dallas has 3 courses nearby: Towne Lake, Alex Clark Memorial, Ice Stixhouse

i'm sure there is a course within five miles of nearly every small airport in DFW

Latest posts