• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG one liners

After their drive but before the hole finishes:

"I'll put you down for a bogey."

and then if they still aren't doing so hot:

"Actually I'll make that a double."

I tell people all the time "All of my shots would be perfect if it wasn't for the trees. Or the wind. Or me."

Playing with cocky friends after their drive:

"wow I had no idea pro form consisted of 90% grip locks..."

tigel said:
Playing with cocky friends after their drive:

"wow I had no idea pro form consisted of 90% grip locks..."

I'll be using that one.

If someone makes a 10 footer I'll be like "Nice drive!"

Or if they make a bad drive I'll say "Wow! That would have been perfect had the disc done the exact opposite of what you just did."

my fav for shots that land less then 40 or so feet. like grass cutters, worm burners, and squirrel hunters that land in plain sight is a simple. "there it is"......or my all time favorite, "that sucks
man, ill help ya find it"

If I throw first, bad off the tee and there was clearly a form issue with hardly any wind as a factor I'll say:

"That wind sure is fierce, careful on your drives everyone"

It usually leads to laughs since there isn't any wind when I say it. Also followed by "shut up josh, we know you're bad"

:(

I have a buddy in town named Caleb, who throws way farther and way harder than me. Of course, this comes at a price, as sometimes he crushes a drive on the wrong line / in the wrong direction. When he does that, I normally say "That's the Caleb I know."

I also use that when he misses a putt on the weak (left) side. In particular when he misses the basket all together.

Did you leave any bark on that tree?

Alright, show us how it's not done!

- alternative - Alright, let me show how it's not done.

Do you kiss your mother with that drive?

You putt like me.

Overrated: That's what she said.

That's a nice flannel shirt you're wearing there, Mr. Lumberjack.

I'm surprised the DNR is not out here yelling at you at how many trees you've been killing today.

Wait for it, a long set-up for weak joke: I know you're really sucking it up because we're not playing for money. If we were playing for money, I would accuse you of hustling me because of how piss-poor you're playing.

- alternative - Nah, he's just hustling us...

At least it landed in the fairway.

At least it didn't go backwards.

At least you didn't five-putt that hole like I did.

Thank goodness you have a day job.

At least you got your health.

In response to the millionth time I have heard a Happy Gilmore quote: Somebody needs a new movie quote or Damn, they need to make a sequel to that movie so you can get some new material. or Somebody's score is lower.

smarkquart said:
At least it landed in the fairway.

At least it didn't go backwards.

At least you didn't five-putt that hole like I did.

At least you got your health.

At least you... umm... uhhhhhh... nevermind; that was pure awful.

When someone shanks a drive the other 3 of us will not say anything but we will all hold the same "wince of pain" expression on our faces for the thrower to turn around and see.

low putt miss: "pwned"

1st quote from the tee this guy totally pussed it and it went 200': "no, you take the panties off, and you could have gained an extra 100' necessary to reach the hole."

my 2nd quote during the same hole with the same guy and he airballed the putt from 12' away for his par: "see, now if you wouldnt have taken those panties off you would have pussed it just right to put it in."

my favorite of all time from Blake during a 3+ putt: "are you doing that on purpose?" or after a choke through a tunnel shot more than once "you know when they use the term "performing surgery with the disc" it generally refers to clean cuts, not stitches."

"Hee-Haw!" is pretty popular in one of our local leagues. It is usually yelled after a missed putt, but sometimes after a bad throw in general, as in, "You really hee-hawed that one!". The person with the worst score of the night gets to carry this around until the following week too:
heehaw.jpg

We had a round where my friend was having a bad day and was hitting trees left and right. On the way back to the car, I asked him for his driver and winged it right at the tree next to his car. "I figured you were trying to hit every tree on the course, and I noticed you missed that one." We both laughed for a long time and put that round behind us. I still smile thinking about it :)