• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG one liners

"Denial"...when you miss a putt short clanging off the basket...(comes from one of the Hyzernauts European Open videos).

"What was that? Now...once more, with feeling." (comes from either - a) Enter the Dragon with Bruce Lee, or b) Kentucky Fried Movie (parodying Enter the Dragon))

And the obligatory.."Dude, that would have been a great shot if you'd just missed that tree..."

Or if everyone is missing their putt..."there must be a force field around that basket..."

"Should I start calculating your handicap now or after this round?"

there's a putting tournament we do around here, with different stations and kinds of putts you have to make. anyway, you use a point system and whoever has the most points at the end wins. the points are.. hit metal with no chain (pole doesn't count) - 1 point, chains - 2 points, made putt - 3 points.

so when someone misses a putt low around here and clangs basket, if anyone playing with them has played in the putting tournaments, they usually respond with "1 point!" or just "point!" I have to admit its pretty frustrating when you are the one missing low a lot. good times.

sorry for the long explanation, but its nice when things make sense.

also, i like...

"good form"

"you wanna take a warm-up throw?" - if someone starts out with a bad one. especially effective in a tournament setting (i could only do that to a friend, though) :D

after someone grip locks, i like to "take cover" and scream bloody murder

then there's the "high five offering" after someone throws a bad shot. keeps things friendly.

after someone throws some ridiculous shot that was obviously accidental, i like saying "that's quite an imagination you have"

after I throw a bad one...

"Damn! that was great until it starting flying" ... inspired by a very windy day

Are you talking about russ's putt tournaments? Those are fun ;) My first week playing disc golf I got a FIVE.

I think I went to his second one. There's been at least three since then. Even being close friends with jake, I still never get the memo when they are so I always miss them. I'm sure if I played again I'd do better than five. haha.

After a nice grounder "You know the city pays people to cut the grass"
If I screw up a drive "Just thought I'd try a different line"