• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG Superstitions

Anyone reading this who doesn't put $20.00 cash in an envelope and mail it to:

Sidewinding
PO Box 27
Wier, TX 78674

will lose their favorite disc in the next week.

Sidewinding
PO Box 27
Wier, TX 78674

I'll put this to the test. I have at least 5 rounds scheduled next week - 4 at courses I've never played. The odds are in your favor, but you ain't gettin' 20 bucks. :)

Side winding
PO Box 27
Wier, TX 78674

The wit is so uncanny, I should send money just on principle. :rolleyes:

Just love your posts bro!

Sidewinding
PO Box 27
Wier, TX 78674

always fun to post with sidewinding.

Sidewinding
PO Box 27
Wier, TX 78674

ok, I played 2 rounds today at courses I've never played before and made it home with all my discs. 2 rounds yesterday at 2 different home courses, no lost discs. I've got a round Wednesday and a tournament on Saturday, 3 more rounds to put your superstitious scheme to the test!

Sidewinding
PO Box 27
Wier, TX 78674

Whether or not you get $20 or more... it might be interesting to see what you do get if that's your real PO Box. :eek:

I will not drive or putt if anyone is in my view, unless at a good distance, but people around the pad bother the mess out of me. Sometimes its worse if I can't see them, but know that they are close enough to distract me. On the putting situations, I can't put if people are behind the basket, I'm not sure why, but it's bothersome.

I will not drive or putt if anyone is in my view, unless at a good distance, but people around the pad bother the mess out of me. Sometimes its worse if I can't see them, but know that they are close enough to distract me. On the putting situations, I can't put if people are behind the basket, I'm not sure why, but it's bothersome.

you would hate to play with one of my friends...if its a close game he stands somewhere to the side of the basket and he slaps the top of his thighs very fast so it sounds like a drumroll its funny the first time but gets old FAST!

you would hate to play with one of my friends...if its a close game he stands somewhere to the side of the basket and he slaps the top of his thighs very fast so it sounds like a drumroll its funny the first time but gets old FAST!

HA! if one of my friends was doing that Id randomly turn and chuck the disc at him. :p

We never cheer for a disc that looks like it has a great flight path. Never fails, a great shot sucks the second someone compliments it.

1. I hole out properly (i.e. no chain slapping), every time, even in a casual round, even when nobody is watching. When someone picks up my disc lying 6 inches from the basket and tells me it's a gimme, I hole out anyways. What can I say, its an OCD quirk of mine.

I also have a phobia of purple discs, whether that color is the plastic or the hot stamp.

1. I hole out properly (i.e. no chain slapping), every time, even in a casual round, even when nobody is watching. When someone picks up my disc lying 6 inches from the basket and tells me it's a gimme, I hole out anyways. What can I say, its an OCD quirk of mine.

I also have a phobia of purple discs, whether that color is the plastic or the hot stamp.

I do the same...on the proper hole out part...not the phobia

So with my first post on here, I thought I would weigh in with my holing out compulsion too. I have to finish every single hole or it feels like I cheated the course and myself. Disc golf and ball golf are individual sports with traditions of personal integrity. Each sport requires that you set forth a measure of self-discipline with the expectation that the golfer will play within the rules of the sport. Another golfer is not allowed to throw for you in the rules so it follows that you would not want someone else to hole out for you. So like I said earlier, if I don't hole out personally I feel like I violated the rules and lose a little bit of my integrity. In addition, I want my casual rounds to be as real as possible for similar situations that come up in tournaments. Perfect practice makes perfect tournament rounds. That said, if I am playing with close friends, I can bite my tongue if they throw in for me. However, if a stranger throws in for me or even worse just picks up the disc and hands it to me, I get really bothered. Well, there's my two cents on the topics. Keep the other posts coming. It is really interesting hearing what people from different parts of the country with differing levels of experience have to share. Thanks!

Latest posts