• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DG-themed non-discing items

TheOtherBill

* Ace Member *
I would like to see more disc-themed non-disc items for sale.

We have awesome bumper stickers, clothing (for the most part) and more than one choice in DG-specific shoes. You can get license plate cover,s socks, Finnish Hat-Guy beanies and even your own tee sign to frame and hang over the mantle done by a PDGA Hall of Fame member.

But what about the discer that 'has it all'?

Father's Day is coming up, so the terrible necktie countdown has begun. My wife has already started asking what I want and making 'helpful' suggestions, one of which was a new steering wheel cover for my rockin' Man-Van. I don't need one, but if there was a disc golf-themed one available I would slap it on in an instant.

What else would be a must buy DG-related item you would drop everything to buy if such a product existed?

(no DG-themed sex toy suggestions please)

I would absolutely pay for a black velvet painting of dogs playing disc golf instead of poker. Failing that, I would buy a DG-related necktie for the rare occasion that I am required to wear one.

I would absolutely pay for a black velvet painting of dogs playing disc golf instead of poker. Failing that, I would buy a DG-related necktie for the rare occasion that I am required to wear one.

LOL, all putting at a basket ring-of-fire style. That's great.

Other stuff...I don't know....a bookmark? I don't know if I would drop everything for one, but I would buy it if I saw it.

Or, and this won't help your Father's Day predicament, what about school supplies? When I was in school I would have bought DG themed folders/notebooks/binders/etc.

Last Father's Day I got three discs (ones I actually wanted to boot) and a backpack bag! Some shat would hit the fan if I got a tie this year - DG related or not! LOL

What I DO want though is this: a set of three decals for the back car window (similar to those stick figure families). The first one is for the left side of the car and is a golfer throwing, the second decal is a disc in flight for the middle of the window, and the third is a DG basket for the right side of the wind. Roughly 4-6" tall for the golfer and basket

I think we've found Cam Todd's next big original art work series - dogs playing disc golf.

I would totally buy the DG necktie too, even though I never have to wear one. And I think Innova is missing out not having their own Trapper Keeper designs for sale, that'd be rad.

Father's Day is coming up, so the terrible necktie countdown has begun. My wife has already started asking what I want and making 'helpful' suggestions, one of which was a new steering wheel cover for my rockin' Man-Van. I don't need one, but if there was a disc golf-themed one available I would slap it on in an instant.

How bout a not quite so ugly tie...

tie_dye_disc_golf_basket-r014c5011058a426c9de1e6bcd2437150_z5ndj_324.jpg

Actually its still pretty ugly..

DG bobble heads.

Not players likenesses but with baskets, the entire wire basket assembly could bobble on the pole. Could do a whole series - different model MACHs, DiscCatchers, etc.

I would collect them all and set them up on my cube wall for people to F with as they are bugging me instead of letting me work.

I personally would like to make someone a disc clock. Take one of their favorite discs with one of the "build your own clock" kits, and go to town. Its a great gift idea on the cheap, and should take like an hour to make if you take your time and go super duper slow.

I personally would like to make someone a disc clock. Take one of their favorite discs with one of the "build your own clock" kits, and go to town. Its a great gift idea on the cheap, and should take like an hour to make if you take your time and go super duper slow.

Pretty sure I've seen at least one on DGCR somewhere, maybe someone will chime in with a pic.

Pretty sure there are disc clocks on etsy. Actually, there's quite a bit of interesting DG-related stuff there, including posters with schematics of baskets and discs from a patent application.

I don't really have anything to add to the OP, but if there were cool stuff out there I'd be all for getting it....

How about a Climo growth chart?

I have one for tracking my kids that has cartoon alligators and what-not on it, but I rather measure them up on a full size pic of KC in action - maybe from his last USDGC win or the one of him holding the basket over his head after a victory. Kinda like a FatHead wall decal they have for NFL/NBA stars.

Disc golf-themed dishware.

Distance drivers on serving plates. Fairways/mids on sandwich plates or bowls. Wine glasses shaped like baskets.

Maybe use the existing DyeMax technique to do them, just with factory stamps.

Latest posts