• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Hurricane...Do u have one?????

If it is a current run Proline then that is normal. They have pretty high parting lines to them. I actually love them for their stability. Keep throwing it and beating it in and you will fall in love with the glide it has.

YES! I'm throwing prolines... Mine isn't board flat. I have one like that... it's not real dome either... probably middle of the road. How long does proline take to beat in?

YES! I'm throwing prolines... Mine isn't board flat. I have one like that... it's not real dome either... probably middle of the road. How long does proline take to beat in?

I've been throwing mine for a couple months on and off and it has developed some turn to it. My recommendation would be to use it for your wind fighting disc until it breaks in to where you want it.

Picked up a SP 'Cane in trade last week. Gave it a go today and loved it. I throw Trespasses currently. But the 'cane has that sweet release that I loved from the Nukes. Getting a pro line tomorrow and a few more in trade next week. Going to field test these next to my Trespasses and see which I want to stick with.

Let us know how they compare to the trespass. To me they are the straightest furthest flying disc I've thrown. Nukes, cannons, kings seem to go 20' further but you need so much lateral space they are about worthless for disc golf.

The best part about hurricanes is they essentially have the same rim as a force. So super over stable z forces feel the same!

Let us know how they compare to the trespass. To me they are the straightest furthest flying disc I've thrown. Nukes, cannons, kings seem to go 20' further but you need so much lateral space they are about worthless for disc golf.

The best part about hurricanes is they essentially have the same rim as a force. So super over stable z forces feel the same!

agreed. very interested to see what you find out.

Threw the SP Hurricane again today at league. Had my two best shots of the day with it. Both shots approx 390-400. Really enjoying this disc. Picked up a new proline today but have yet to throw it.

My fresh pro line is pretty straight. After a few days use I am getting a bit of turn out of it. I'm thinking once this baby breaks it's gonna bomb! I hope it doesn't get to understable though...

I played a round with the pro line hurricane today. This thing is beefy. Much like a new Destroyer. I loved it. Great for hyzer bombs and fought the headwinds nicely. Question though... is pro line plastic basically esp plastic?

I played a round with the pro line hurricane today. This thing is beefy. Much like a new Destroyer. I loved it. Great for hyzer bombs and fought the headwinds nicely. Question though... is pro line plastic basically esp plastic?

Did you get a real flat one? If so they are beefy... And quite glide less. In proline if you want a less beefy one the domier the better I have found.

As for the plastic... It seems to be a softer gripper esp. It's almost like a pro and esp gap lend if you ask me... But the durability is still as good as esp...

Its really flat. Love the feel of the plastic too. I think I've found a keeper. I don't think they will kick out my Trespasses though. I can get quite a bit more distance out of those. However the Hurricane seems to be much more reliable and will probably get the majority of throws.

Its really flat. Love the feel of the plastic too. I think I've found a keeper. I don't think they will kick out my Trespasses though. I can get quite a bit more distance out of those. However the Hurricane seems to be much more reliable and will probably get the majority of throws.

I would recommend you keep breaking in the Proline and you will see the glide come out of it. :thmbup:

Even the flat ones?

I have a a couple domier ones that are the most stable in my bag. The one flat one that I have started out at a similar stability, but it has broken in nicely. It still isn't my max distance driver, but it has gotten some turn to it and has more glide than when it was new.

I have a a couple domier ones that are the most stable in my bag. The one flat one that I have started out at a similar stability, but it has broken in nicely. It still isn't my max distance driver, but it has gotten some turn to it and has more glide than when it was new.

What you throwing for max d?

What you throwing for max d?

I have a Star Destroyer that is broken in pretty perfectly at the moment. I can get that one out to about 450' on a good rip. I have a couple Proline Hurricanes that started out a little flippier, so I'm hoping that I can beat them in for those Max D lines. Those ones are at about 420' right now but they have more fade on them than the destroyer does.

I have one, but... I like the Crank and the Halo slightly better in my hand, so I use those, now.

(I rarely use them since I barely have the power for them, though.)

This pro line 'cane is really growing on me. Took it out again today and it's becoming my hzyer bombing machine. Can flat out rip this sucker on hyzer and it just seeks the pin. Really, really happy with it.

I have a 175g Proline that has started straightening out after about 50 throws. I field threw it maybe 20 times, and have played about 10 rounds w/ it, throwing it a couple times each rd. Maybe a tree slap or two in there, and I've tombstoned it twice too. It's started to get noticeably straighter, w/ just a touch of turn, and it still has the fade. Originally I was trying to turn it over on release, but now I just release it level, and it holds for maybe 320-340ft then fades the last 20-30ft (finishing probably about that far left from center too).

I got a 168g a few weeks after the 175g. It flew surprisingly similar to the heavier one. It has already started to turn a little after just 20-30 throws. I've also been surprised at how well the lighter one performs in the wind (so far at least). Right now my Hurricane long drive is about 400ft with both weights. I expect to get another 20-30ft as the turn sets in and the fade gets beat out.

Latest posts