• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Hurricane...Do u have one?????

Threw mine a little today. Didnt get a great read from them but mine is gummier than the 2019 and also has a very flat flight plate. Seems to hold a turn longer.

Honestly, not a fan of the gummy-ness or the flat flight plate for a distance driver. Will work with it more to see if it will make the bag.

Threw mine a little today. Didnt get a great read from them but mine is gummier than the 2019 and also has a very flat flight plate. Seems to hold a turn longer.

Honestly, not a fan of the gummy-ness or the flat flight plate for a distance driver. Will work with it more to see if it will make the bag.

I'm with you. I enjoyed the flight, but I felt the plastic was just too gummy for California summers.

So i just got a SP Hurricane and a ICE Hurricane in the mail. Yet again, the ICE Hurricane is board flat. This is starting to hurt my feelings. Yeh, it has more turn BUT no glide.

The SP i got came out normal. Moderate shoulder and average flight plate height. Feels like a winner. Has good glide and stability. Should get better as it beats in.

I may have to only order Hurricanes from OTB now. I have now got 6 out of 8 Hurricanes that are pancake flat.

Im ok with them being flat AS long as they are BEEFY. Then i could use for my forehand. Flat and understable in a distance driver is not my cup of tea.

Last edited:
Bit of a tangent but I gave up on Hurricanes and now buy lighter and/ or beat up Forces for the middle stability distance driver slot. More consistent for me, I could never quite dial Canes in as well, they either flipped all of the way over or they fell out of the sky.

Been away for a bit because of moving and such. Here's my take on the current Proline Hurricanes. Something changed in the way they mold up, right around the time that McBeth joined up at Discraft and the Forces kind of changed too. Might just be coincidental, but all Proline Hurricanes I've picked up since then have had some pop top to them and are extra beefy when compared to the flatter circle stamped Canes. I've got a couple of tourney stamped pop tops that have way more overstability than any Force or Destroyer I've tried in recent years. I will say, they do pair nicely with my FF Worlds Hurricanes and my FF Torrents.

Bit of a tangent but I gave up on Hurricanes and now buy lighter and/ or beat up Forces for the middle stability distance driver slot. More consistent for me, I could never quite dial Canes in as well, they either flipped all of the way over or they fell out of the sky.

This is what i "forced" myself to do. Although im going to keep trying for a all DGA bag. The "hypercane" proto has me hopeful.

This is what i "forced" myself to do. Although im going to keep trying for a all DGA bag. The "hypercane" proto has me hopeful.

The Hypercane I think misses the mark for what you're looking for. The one I have I would say falls between a beefy Force and a Nuke OS in terms of stability. It's almost like a faster Hellfire IMO. If I were to give it a numbers rating, I'd say 12, 4, 0, +4.

In my opinion, I'd like to see DGA add a more neutral flying speed 12 disc that flew like an SP Rogue. Not to go off on a tangent, but have any of you thrown some of these mild dome Proline Rogues? I came across a matching pair at BRP one day and they are really good flyers. They compliment my Hurricanes nicely.

The Hypercane I think misses the mark for what you're looking for. The one I have I would say falls between a beefy Force and a Nuke OS in terms of stability. It's almost like a faster Hellfire IMO. If I were to give it a numbers rating, I'd say 12, 4, 0, +4.

In my opinion, I'd like to see DGA add a more neutral flying speed 12 disc that flew like an SP Rogue. Not to go off on a tangent, but have any of you thrown some of these mild dome Proline Rogues? I came across a matching pair at BRP one day and they are really good flyers. They compliment my Hurricanes nicely.

I heard they are reworking the tooling on the hypercane. The hellfire is only utility for me its so OS. You're right, i dont need a faster hellfire.

I do have a couple rogues and love them. I just need beefy hurricanes now that arent gummy dinner plates.

I heard they are reworking the tooling on the hypercane. The hellfire is only utility for me its so OS. You're right, i dont need a faster hellfire.

I do have a couple rogues and love them. I just need beefy hurricanes now that arent gummy dinner plates.

Head over to OTB Discs and grab yourself some of the white custom stamped Proline Hurricanes. I have a couple of them and they bring the beef. I threw one into a 25mph headwind this past weekend and it didn't even turn. It just flew straight and then hyzered out at the 375 mark.

Head over to OTB Discs and grab yourself some of the white custom stamped Proline Hurricanes. I have a couple of them and they bring the beef. I threw one into a 25mph headwind this past weekend and it didn't even turn. It just flew straight and then hyzered out at the 375 mark.

I have one of these as well and I feel like the plastic is more like the old Proline, which I prefer, than the new TI stuff.

I picked up a first flight 2011 worlds Hurricane. It had some good flip to it. I could not rip it into a headwind, but with the tailwind I got a good flight. Is this representative of what Hurricanes are supposed to be? Maybe mine is more on the understable side of the spectrum?

It's so hard to find the Hurricane that glides good I changed the brand. Prodiscus SLAIDi does the job. And quality is top notch.

I picked up a first flight 2011 worlds Hurricane. It had some good flip to it. I could not rip it into a headwind, but with the tailwind I got a good flight. Is this representative of what Hurricanes are supposed to be? Maybe mine is more on the understable side of the spectrum?

First Flights are generally more under stable. They are great fliers and seem to glide better than current run Hurricanes.

While i dont throw these anymore due to the overall flatness, no glide, and gumminess of the previous years...

I see OTB dropped the 2021 TS Hurricanes. I see lots of "somewhat domey" "somewhat stiff" descriptions.

That is a great recipe for these. I will be very curious to see how these are flying. If they can somehow get the -1 turn out of these with great glide...they could be bombers.

Looks like the new stock stamp run they have all are listed as "neutral flatness". So these TS could be pretty unique for a Hurricane.

probably because youre throwing it 375'

Latest posts