• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA Sail

How much you wanna bet this is really similar to the new Discraft Undertaker?

Very similar in the way that they are both round plastic discs...not in flight.

The Sail is an ultra glidey, very understable disc best used for rollers, hyzer flips, and low power players.

The Undertaker is straight to slightly understable disc that's similar to TL's or beat Eagles.

They're both pretty awesome though.

I ordered one a couple of days ago. One thing I'm curious about is trying to reconcile the 11 speed with the 1.9cm rim. I usually think of a 1.9 cm rim of around speed 9. The information below is from Infinite discs. I also see the flight numbers from Infinite are different but I believe both Infinite and DGA list the speed as 11.

Sail Dimensions:

Diameter: 21.0 cm
Height: 1.9 cm
Rim Depth: 1.1 cm
Rim Width: 1.9 cm
Max Weight: 173.00 g

Additional Information:

Speed: 11.0
Glide: 6.0
Turn: -3.0
Fade: 1.0
Primary Use:
Stability: Understable
Recommended Skill Level: Beginner, Everyone
Plastic grade(s): Durable

Very similar in the way that they are both round plastic discs...not in flight.

The Sail is an ultra glidey, very understable disc best used for rollers, hyzer flips, and low power players.

The Undertaker is straight to slightly understable disc that's similar to TL's or beat Eagles.

They're both pretty awesome though.

Any word on a release date for the Undertaker?

I ordered one a couple of days ago. One thing I'm curious about is trying to reconcile the 11 speed with the 1.9cm rim. I usually think of a 1.9 cm rim of around speed 9. The information below is from Infinite discs. I also see the flight numbers from Infinite are different but I believe both Infinite and DGA list the speed as 11.

Sail Dimensions:

Diameter: 21.0 cm
Height: 1.9 cm
Rim Depth: 1.1 cm
Rim Width: 1.9 cm
Max Weight: 173.00 g

Additional Information:

Speed: 11.0
Glide: 6.0
Turn: -3.0
Fade: 1.0
Primary Use:
Stability: Understable
Recommended Skill Level: Beginner, Everyone
Plastic grade(s): Durable

Pretty similar to an ASS really. Maybe more understable even?

Okay... so I just got back from throwing one. Observations below:
1. Plastic feels great - plenty of grip
2. Definitely a speed 9ish rim size.
3. Feels good in the hand (at least to me).
4. The GLIDE IS FOR REAL.
5. Very understable. More understable than a Mamba.
6. Goes a long way without a lot of power.
7. Easy to turn over into the ground without height. Use height and/or hyzer to keep from flipping all the way over.
8. I like it because I like flippy discs (and don't have a big arm). Even noodle arms can get a big right turn out of this guy.

It's fun but it's not for everyone.

I ordered a 167 and 173. I temporarily had a 157 in the cart and thought I'd wait for you to test a light one first.

Okay... so I just got back from throwing one. Observations below:
1. Plastic feels great - plenty of grip
2. Definitely a speed 9ish rim size.
3. Feels good in the hand (at least to me).
4. The GLIDE IS FOR REAL.
5. Very understable. More understable than a Mamba.
6. Goes a long way without a lot of power.
7. Easy to turn over into the ground without height. Use height and/or hyzer to keep from flipping all the way over.
8. I like it because I like flippy discs (and don't have a big arm). Even noodle arms can get a big right turn out of this guy.

It's fun but it's not for everyone.

Just tried it. Slinger is spot on.

After throwing 167g and 173g I'll put the 173 in my DGA bag for tailwinds and must finish right hyzer flips. I had been using a beat up Undertow in this role but the Sail flips more and goes farther for me. The plastic is flexible enough that the dome doesn't cause grip issues. I'd really like to try one in SP plastic with less dome for flip to flat shots.

It literally gave me the ability to throw rollers.

I just bought one last week specifically for rollers and it turns over effortlessly (I tried Valkyries and Roadrunners previously with mixed results). But after reading the reviews and the comments on this thread I think I owe it to myself to explore other shots with it. I'm a noodle arm (Undertow in proline and SP are my "distance" drivers) so it might also make a great no-wind or tailwind driver for me given enough room to do its thing.

Latest posts