• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[DGA] DGA's new disc, the Torrent.

So far DiscLovin has put up my two favorite posts on this thread:

"DGA's plastic is way better than Discraft's"

and

"I'm not terribly powerful...I was throwing these 500 - 550 consistently"

Not to sound like a jerk...but really? Good laugh, reminds me why I don't visit a lot of message boards anymore.

Hope I can try the Torrent soon, sounds like a bomber. Speed ratings are subjective - just because a disc has a wider wing does not mean it will fly faster or farther than any other particular disc. Every human has a natural limit to arm speed - no matter what disc you throw, they all come out of the hand the same speed.

Hey Dion. Don't mind the trolls too much . Honestly most on here can tell the difference so it gets whitewashed . I think as a whole the forum would love to have you post more so please don't let a couple weird posts color your thoughts too much. In fact, with your distance prowess, you would get quite a status on here if you started a distance Q and A thread. Just look at the other q and a threads from Paul M. and your teammate MJay. I know with your great attitude you could help make a positive influence on forum culture!

Thanks Menacewarf! I'll consider a Q & A thread - the only issue I have is how distance related topics tend to bring out the worst of the message board distance crowd. Most threads degrade into a pissing match about who can throw their putter the farthest.

Has anyone got a Torrent profile pic? I'm curious how the rim / wing look compared to the Nuke and Crank.

Understandable reservations but surprisingly most of the q and a threads here have went off pretty respectful and informative though like you say distance adds another element. Either way please feel welcome on the forum and I think I can speak for others in hoping you contribute. :)

Thanks Menacewarf! I'll consider a Q & A thread - the only issue I have is how distance related topics tend to bring out the worst of the message board distance crowd. Most threads degrade into a pissing match about who can throw their putter the farthest.

Has anyone got a Torrent profile pic? I'm curious how the rim / wing look compared to the Nuke and Crank.

I'll post a comparison picture tonight next to a Crank (don't currently own a Nuke).

Cell phone pictures with dim lighting are never impressive. Here are two quick comparison shots:

Torrent on left, Crank on right.

Torrent on left, Nuke SS on right.

Ya, they should be. At least for tournaments soon. The unfortunate thing is that DGA has to rely on Discraft to produce their discs.

Well if people want to know how a disc flies then I will tell them how it flies. Not everyone can throw as far as others but they deserve opinions, especially on something that is pretty much a mystery at this point. It flies like a katana to me so far. Maybe not as finicky though. Some of the plastic is the same as discrafts yes because they mold the stuff. But if you think the SP line, SP Flex, and proline stuff is just discrafts plastic then you are wrong. And especially the plastic the Torrent is in is nothing like anyone else has. Stability ratings most stable to least stable: Nuke, Crank, Torrent, Nuke SS

Yeah I hope they make an OS version of it and also keep it the way it is. It would be sweet to have a destroyer or force stability but with the same speed as it has now. SP FLX Torrent would be perfect probably cause the Hurricane is a great stability but in FLX they are pigs and its awesome