• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here is a pic of the branch.

Attachments

• Hole #8tree.jpg
    Hole #8tree.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 17
3rd Ace!

I know for some of you aces are routine but I just wanted to toot my own horn a bit :thmbup:

funny thing is 2 of the 3 aces I have have been in tournament play. 1st one was only a month and a half after I picked up a disc for the first time and I won a CTP on that hole for $50. didn't get in the ace pot cause I didn't think there was a snowballs chance in that really hot place I'd get an ace anytime soon.

Today I got my 3rd ace ever on #10 at the new chain dragon course in Freeport,FL in an eat/sleep/disc tourney and the ace pot was about $75 pretty dang sweet for a infrequently as get them and my very short disc golf career so far.

what are u fwb's rantin bout? some random ace for money?? great, down with the pack. act like you've been there b4...

...only hostility due to cocky relatives in GB, down with the pack, 4 life:).

in all reality, props yo, not one of my 16 were for money, nor during tourny play..

BACK TWO BACK ACE DAYS!!!!

So i just got another ace today at my home course Somerset DGC http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4109
On hole #10. I think this is the first ace on this hole ever. I got the best ace of my life yesterday and beat it today. Totally blind forehand anhyzer up and around a group of trees. Yesterday I didn't have any witnesses but today I had four. This is my fourth ace and my first completely blind ace. I let the disc fly I knew it was going to be close and then I heard the chains. I was playing with a group of three people and they couldn't believe it. There was also a guy on the pad a hole #1 who heard the chains and turned around to see my disc drop in the basket. When I walked up-to my disc he was asked where I threw it form, and I said the pad, his mouth dropped. Here is some pics of the line.

The question is how many days in a row have you had and ACE????

Attachments

• Hole #10 pad_Ace_Line.jpg
    Hole #10 pad_Ace_Line.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 32
  • Hole #10Pin_Ace_Line.jpg
    Hole #10Pin_Ace_Line.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 30
Hit my first ace of the year yesterday, which was also my first ace ever! It's been a long time coming.

Hole #15 short tee at Todd Park in Austin, MN. It's ~250 feet downhill with a steam parked 30' behind the basket. I used my CFR Star Whippet ('10 Worlds) and am debating retiring it. I normally wouldn't hesitate to retire it, but I don't have a replacement! Might be picking up a CFR Glow Whippet as a replacement...

Hit my first ace of the year yesterday, which was also my first ace ever! It's been a long time coming.

Hole #15 short tee at Todd Park in Austin, MN. It's ~250 feet downhill with a steam parked 30' behind the basket. I used my CFR Star Whippet ('10 Worlds) and am debating retiring it. I normally wouldn't hesitate to retire it, but I don't have a replacement! Might be picking up a CFR Glow Whippet as a replacement...

Congrats! I have to vote against retiring it though...you threw that disc for a reason and it got you the result you wanted. It can do it again! You just have to be careful with it (no throwing anywhere near water). I'm still throwing the only disc I've aced with, and will continue to do so until it stops performing. Just my humble opinion...again, nice job!

Nice work!!!!

After nearly two years of playing I finally canned by first ace today!

Horning's Hideout - Highland Course

130' Slightly right, slightly downhill. Typical tight PNW woods. I'm LHBH threw my 175 HPP Wiz flat and straight and the instant it started to fade smashed nothing but chains.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Even though it's only 130' and I've definitely hit longer upshots, nothing like that feeling of putting one in off the pad.

got my FIRST ACE EVER :thmbup: today at Oak Grove on hole #8 it's only 218 ft but still its my first ace

Hit it with a Z Buzzz that only had like 2 rounds under its belt

Got my first ever ace tonight on hole #8 at Memorial Park in Wausau, WI.
It's an open 234 ft hole on a peninsula, water on the left.
Old, flippy, beat up DX Viking that I traded for and cleaned up last year.
Might have to retire it.

Nice.

Hit my first ace today (it was a cubby) hole #4 at Rycenga Park it's 103 ft under a hanging tree, hit it with a fuse. Later on with the same disc I hit chains and it bounced out.

Got my first Ace Wednesday 5/18 on Hole #11 at Northside Park, Gainesville Florida. It was during our weekly doubles night, so it won me $100 ace prize, and it was a CTPmy hole!

254 ft, I gently flicked my champion wraith and it was perfect s-curve straight to the basket with a gently touchdown and skip in. 4 1/2 years to get this first ace!

Nailed Hole 8 at Deerfield yesterday for the 2nd time:

fb6ed63b.jpg

185 Foot Hyzer ace with a Lat 64 180 Gold Line Fuse. I aced this one back on 5/15/2010, 1 year and 4 days before I got this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.