• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

harr0140

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
Well someone asked who was going to start it off this year! I hit an ace on my 27th hole of the day, #9 at Valley View Park in New Berlin. We played an inaugural match play event. It was maybe 20 degrees the wind was blowing about 20-30 MPH and it was bitter cold, so we only had 6 people playing. I lost all three of my 9 hole matches meaning I took 6th out of 6 people, but when my third match was over I gunned for aces. I even tried to call out my shot, I said I am going to kiss the tree that is like 5 feet from the basket and in, but I missed the tree by like an inch and it still went in. That was fun even more so because I got $5 from everyone. SO in essence I called my shot almost perfectly, I just shouldn't have said I wanted to kiss the tree. Oh well I still enjoyed it.

P.S. I threw my 172 Star Spider and that is my 6th ace (2nd with that disc).

I figured i'd see this up here pretty quick...

The worst part about this whole thing is I beat everyone and you got the same amount of money for one shot. that is if ben pays you, anyways.

Nope you are the winner because JB wasnt in on the gambling. I didn't figure I woul dtry and collect from her since she didnt even get to play int he matches.

ahhh yes i forgot that you don't really pay yourself for the ace pool.

I AM A CHAMPION even though terry makes those putts with his eyes closed

Damn, day one of 2011 and we already have some aces. You guys don''t waste any time.

dang I hope I make it in this thread soon...had a few chain outs here lately

Harr was smashing chains all day today at the Ace Race! Nice win, Mike!

Thanks Jason! It was fun! And thank you for telling me you and mashnut were going or I would not have been there. Too bad Mashnut didn't get to play in our group, but at least we got to meet and exchange travel tags.

Harr was smashing chains all day today at the Ace Race! Nice win, Mike!

I hear he might have hit an ace from one of the real pads too, not many people can say they've started off the year with aces on the first two days. :hfive:

Nope its funny how stories grow so quickly, I had people coming up to me who already knew what I shot and there were no totals posted. I hit metal on two of the holes with real pads, but neither of them were aces. I hit 2 aces on shortened holes (10 points), 2 metals on regular holes (12 points because of the double points value), and 2 metals on shortened holes (6 points).

I am proud of the fact that I beat two guys who are clearly out throwing for aces all the time . . . matt and jp from acetime. They have a lot of youtube videos of their ace runs, and it is clear they do a lot of running for aces. I never do that, I am all about being a better player so I am always trying to park it for birdies. Maybe if my game doesn't keep improving I will make a run at Cubby's total but with Legit aces as a way to keep me intruiged.

I would just like to brag as being the first DGCR member to meet 66.6% of our Diamond Reviewers at a single event, and if anyone has any qualms about meeting people off the Internet, rest assured that neither of these guys are rapists or murderers...or they are, and it was just too damn cold today.

i came close to an ace on hole 9 at yetter park but im determined to get an ace this year

I played a round at jordan creek dgc, 1/1/11 and hit about a half an inch low on the basket on hole 15. it would have been my first ace.

Hit the chains solid on hole 16 at Mcdade park in Houston this weekend but it spit out the back. (would have been my third) The best part was my friend screamed like a little girl and thought it stayed.lol

Went today to check out this little 9 hole course (Dorr Street Elementary) a local principle had made on school property for his students. And even though most of the holes were very short, still aced #9. Beggars can't be choosers. Now i have to start acing more legit holes.

Status
Not open for further replies.