• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would just like to brag as being the first DGCR member to meet 66.6% of our Diamond Reviewers at a single event, and if anyone has any qualms about meeting people off the Internet, rest assured that neither of these guys are rapists or murderers...or they are, and it was just too damn cold today.

ya know, i noticed before your post that harr and mashnut were both up there in WI.....

gives me all the more reason to make a trip up to elkhart lake this year for the races, and give myself a few days on either side to get some golfing in!

/can't believe i never got any milwaukee golf in in the 5 or 6 trips i've made that way :wall:

I got my first ever ace yesterday hole 5, Norton KS. About 250 with my newest ESP flash. About a 20 mph wind from tail to left, it was the last thing on my mind but I had called at hole 2. 3&4 are very aceable I said I would probably get one on 5 first, my buddies were pretty bewildered lol. It was so freaking sweet.

I threw Ace #2 yesterday at Silver Lake Excalibur, Everett, WA.
Hole #9 ~ 202 feet ~ RHBH with a 175 Pro Pig ~ I went to the right around the guardian trees in the fairway and the Pig did it's hyzer thing and skipped into the chains.

I threw Ace #2 yesterday at Silver Lake Excalibur, Everett, WA.
Hole #9 ~ 202 feet ~ RHBH with a 175 Pro Pig ~ I went to the right around the guardian trees in the fairway and the Pig did it's hyzer thing and skipped into the chains.

Nice one D ! :hfive:

I warmed it up for ya, parked my Ridge leaning up against the pole just before you guys came through. :D

#1 of the 2011 for me Yesterday - Hole #7 (285')at Veterans Park in Lex. Star Max that hit hard and managed to stay. I now have 3 aces with the same disc in the past 4 months - Veterans #7, Veterans #6 and Rotary Park #17 (Collected 3 ace pools). That's why you don't put them on the wall!

#1 of the 2011 for me Yesterday - Hole #7 (285')at Veterans Park in Lex. Star Max that hit hard and managed to stay. I now have 3 aces with the same disc in the past 4 months - Veterans #7, Veterans #6 and Rotary Park #17 (Collected 3 ace pools). That's why you don't put them on the wall!

Right on man! Exactly! That disc has proven itself to you. Just don't lose that one.

My first Ace

How crazy is this? I threw my first Ace on 1/11/11.

Lucky shot on 192 ft. Hole 8 of McLean Park, VA. Threw my ROC, it started to fade at the end, kissed a tree and landed in the basket.

I could not believe it.:)

That's the only ace i've ever had at McClean. I aced it last century with a pirahna. Hit chains the 1st time through and was playing 18 and then aced it the 2nd time.

Got my first ace of 2011 on Saturday the 8th. It was a short 182 footer but hey it's still an ace. It was at Prairie Park DGC in Dekalb, IL. I used a max weigh sinus sp. Only my second throw with it.

2 ACES TODAY, FIRST 2 OF THE YEAR

#4 AT CAMP PENDLETON LONG TEEPAD 235 FEET UP HILL WITH MY SOFT ZEROLINE SPIKE PUTTER (THIRD ACE WITH THIS DISC). STRAIGHT AT IT WITH A LITTLE FADE AT THE END AND INTO THE CHAINS.

#6 AT DEEFIELD PARK 251 FEET WITH A STAR BOSS( MY FIRST FOREHAND ACE.) IT HIT AND SKIPPED ABOUT FIFTEEN FEET STRAIGHT INTO THE CHAINS DEAD CENTER HARD.

i HAVE TO CHECK BUT I HAVE EITHER 14 OR 15 ACES TOTAL IN MY DISC GOLF CAREER, 1 ROLLER ACE, 1 THUMBER ACE, 1 FOREHAND ACE, AND THE REST RHBH. I'M GOING TO PRACTICE THE CHICKEN WING THROW NOW. i REALLY WANT AN ACE WITH ONE OF THOSE.

Just wanted to to let some steam out, Yesterday night we went to manhattan beach "polliwog park". We started out at the 2nd hole, I was the first one up.
I FH my Z Flick and hit the chasity belt from 250+ i was so:(

#4 AT CAMP PENDLETON LONG TEEPAD 235 FEET UP HILL WITH MY SOFT ZEROLINE SPIKE PUTTER (THIRD ACE WITH THIS DISC). STRAIGHT AT IT WITH A LITTLE FADE AT THE END AND INTO THE CHAINS.

#6 AT DEEFIELD PARK 251 FEET WITH A STAR BOSS( MY FIRST FOREHAND ACE.) IT HIT AND SKIPPED ABOUT FIFTEEN FEET STRAIGHT INTO THE CHAINS DEAD CENTER HARD.

i HAVE TO CHECK BUT I HAVE EITHER 14 OR 15 ACES TOTAL IN MY DISC GOLF CAREER, 1 ROLLER ACE, 1 THUMBER ACE, 1 FOREHAND ACE, AND THE REST RHBH. I'M GOING TO PRACTICE THE CHICKEN WING THROW NOW. i REALLY WANT AN ACE WITH ONE OF THOSE.

A roller ace? Go to hell man.

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site and relatively new to the sport of Disc Golf. My first round was last year, and I really started playing about 6-months ago. I average a round a week, but sometimes my weekends are full and I have to miss a weekend or even two. I almost always flick the disc from the launch pad because I find that I can really control the track that way.

What I really wanted to post was my Disc Golf ace video. It's my first ever (and of 2011) and the feeling was awesome. It's filmed on Hole 17 at Kit Carson park in Escondido, California on my Flip video by my good buddy. Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksoxRpBwbMY&feature=player_embedded

Here's a short little blurb I wrote about the hole: Hole 17 at Kit Carson Disc Golf Course in Escondido, California is a narrow 240-foot par 3 with a slight dogleg left and trees to the left and right of the fairway. Approaching the hole there is a creek and stone wall about 4-feet high. A flick shot that tracks left and has a nice height is a great shot on this hole as you can see in this video. I'm using a Champion Beast 175 weight disc that I've used for only 2 previous rounds. Shot by Devin Walker and filmed by Michael Martin on January 16th, 2011 at about 2:30 pm.

Hope you guys like it!

Nice route with that one. It looks like they cleaned that hole up there. I played this course when it was brand new and that route was pretty hard to get threw because of the heavy brush and low ceiling with the trees. I just thumbered over the top and have been within fifteen feet each time. Nice job though.

Hey guys,

I'm new to the site and relatively new to the sport of Disc Golf. My first round was last year, and I really started playing about 6-months ago. I average a round a week, but sometimes my weekends are full and I have to miss a weekend or even two. I almost always flick the disc from the launch pad because I find that I can really control the track that way.

What I really wanted to post was my Disc Golf ace video. It's my first ever (and of 2011) and the feeling was awesome. It's filmed on Hole 17 at Kit Carson park in Escondido, California on my Flip video by my good buddy. Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksoxRpBwbMY&feature=player_embedded

Here's a short little blurb I wrote about the hole: Hole 17 at Kit Carson Disc Golf Course in Escondido, California is a narrow 240-foot par 3 with a slight dogleg left and trees to the left and right of the fairway. Approaching the hole there is a creek and stone wall about 4-feet high. A flick shot that tracks left and has a nice height is a great shot on this hole as you can see in this video. I'm using a Champion Beast 175 weight disc that I've used for only 2 previous rounds. Shot by Devin Walker and filmed by Michael Martin on January 16th, 2011 at about 2:30 pm.

Hope you guys like it!

My roller ace was a fluke and it was in a tourney to. Blind shot on hole 15 or 16 at chavez ridge in Los angeles aka the road hole. Its a blind dogleg right hole with a basket next to a steep side of a dirt wall thats like 10 feet tall. I over anhyzered my pro line spider and it came down as a roller about 40 feet short of the basket, rolled up the dirt wall and jumped in the basket. 2nd hole of the tourney for me. I was stoked.

A roller ace? Go to hell man.

OH MAN THAT IS REALLY COOL I CANT BELIEVE THAT

1484615917_cad5ab7172.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts