• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys,

I'm new to the site and relatively new to the sport of Disc Golf. My first round was last year, and I really started playing about 6-months ago. I average a round a week, but sometimes my weekends are full and I have to miss a weekend or even two. I almost always flick the disc from the launch pad because I find that I can really control the track that way.

What I really wanted to post was my Disc Golf ace video. It's my first ever (and of 2011) and the feeling was awesome. It's filmed on Hole 17 at Kit Carson park in Escondido, California on my Flip video by my good buddy. Here's a link to the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksoxRpBwbMY&feature=player_embedded

Hope you guys like it!

man, aces must be so much sweeter when you have them on video.

i need to go out and buy a digicam that takes video SOON. (not like i'm gonna hit one in the near future, but still. it's gotta be satisfying for the camera holder too to capture one on video)

My first ace today! Hole three at lum park on brainerd mn! Hedfan1 and nolimitsmn as witnesses, forehand with an xs giant hyzer just slammed those chains and stuck there. It was awesome

man, aces must be so much sweeter when you have them on video.

i need to go out and buy a digicam that takes video SOON. (not like i'm gonna hit one in the near future, but still. it's gotta be satisfying for the camera holder too to capture one on video)

My friend did an awesome job filming it... I can't believe he didn't drop the camera or even say anything when it hit the chains. He's a true... friend/cinematographer.

Anyways, if you're thinking about a camera we just use the Flip but the zoom is pretty weak as you can see in the video. The great thing about it though is it's a breeze to start shooting. With a regular digi camera it takes forever to fire up and start shooting but with the Flip it's pretty easy.

I wouldn't be surprised if they had cleaned this hole up some from it's original debut half a year ago. Now instead of trying to bomb tamahawks and thumbers you have a real chance to bang the chains with the proper route through the trees.

I only get aces during odd years. After 1 in 2007, then 3 in 2009, I got my first this week at the Austin Texas Wells Branch course - hole 3 about 250 feet from an elevated tee throwing backhand anny with a sidewinder. Not bad for a 62 year old retiree. I love this game.

My first ace of 2011 was unfortunately a Black Ace at a friends private course yesterday. Playing a 270' uphill wooded fairway, my Valkyrie ticked an early branch rightside and deflected into a nearby basket that was blind to us off the tee. It was going so fast, we thought for sure that it had bounced off, but his old homemade basket with galvanized chains held onto it and everyone got quite the laugh, myself included. Nice... throw...

Almost locked the first one for 2011 on Saturday at the Ice Bowl.

Hole 13 Belmont, about 310 feet, mostly open but a few well placed mature trees make it so you have to hook it in with a high anny. I usually throw a Roc on this hole but I club up in the cold. Nice anny release with a 4x Valk flattened out of the anny dead center of the chains but was just a tad too high and bounced out. I was pretty devastated.

About a 320' from red tees #17 at White River. A girl field aced from about 225' right in front of me. I was joking with her saying I would have to ace it now not to feel bad, then I did it. Only #3 for me and by far the longest. Hopefully the luck carries over tomorrow during the tournament.

My first one! Buckhorn #10 from the long tee, 285'....across the water! Beautiful shot, goin up up, and then fade...and cha-ching!! I couldn't believe it!!! Wtinessed by everyone in our foursome! WOOO HOOO!

My first one! Buckhorn #10 from the long tee, 285'....across the water! Beautiful shot, goin up up, and then fade...and cha-ching!! I couldn't believe it!!! Wtinessed by everyone in our foursome! WOOO HOOO!

congrats, what did you throw?

got my second one today on hole 8 at firefighter park with a cryztal flx challenger. i wasnt gonna play today but i met a guy there to return a disc of his that i found a week earlier and it paid off.:hfive:

Standing in front of a crowd of about 20 people waiting to tee off on hole 1 for the Kansas City Ice Bowl (Rosedale top), I throw yet another low drive with my 171 flx Surge, I start to shake my head and walk away from the tee as I watch it flex just enough before clipping the top of the hill. "Ok" I think "Maybe I'll get a nice skip and leave me with a decent chance at birdie" I watch the thing leap off the ground, about 80 feet forward, 20 feet into the air and curve around about 30 feet to the left directly into the chains. I stop and stare in disbelief as the crowd behind me roars its approval, I lift my hands in triumph.

1/26/11 Hole 9 Johnny Roberts Arvada, CO 150ft basket blocked by two large trees. FLX Drone flicked for a short s flight. Ching!

Hole # 2 at Deerfield... Listed at 221 feet. Plays about 230 as the tee is actually back a bit further now. Nailed this one into a 15 mph headwind with a crazy 30 foot air bounce:

5552b1d0.jpg

picture.php

Ace same hole same disc.

Made my second ace yesterday 2-1-11 same hole 177 ft after 2 months,with same disc, it was the last hole. On an extreme incline at 3:16 p.m. Philippians 4:13- I can do all this through him who gives me strength.;)

hit metal a couple times over the last few days ... i am feeling one coming soon. and i think it may be with a putter.

got my second one today on hole 8 at firefighter park with a cryztal flx challenger. i wasnt gonna play today but i met a guy there to return a disc of his that i found a week earlier and it paid off.:hfive:

Thats karma for you ;)

Thats karma for you ;)

I agree.

I've returned many discs, and I think each one builds up "awesome shot" karma. I've had four aces over the past few months. the most recent two were last week on 1-28-11 and then the same hole three days later on the 31st.

I know I'm not that good so it's gotta be the karma! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts