• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes I find myself having to play alone because of my main playing buddy's work schedule. I hate when I have a great throw and no one is there to see it. I have been playing about 9 months and have yet to get an ace. My question is this: If I get an ace and no one witnesses it, can I say that I have an ace?

i play alone a lot and i will definitely count an ace if i get one.

the chains shot in my sig was when i was alone.

but then again, only i know if i'm telling the truth.

:: squints, peers left, peers right, rubs hands together, chuckles evily ::

Do like Cubby -- carry a video camera around with you when you play, and record every drive ;)

If I got an ace when I was alone, I might as well not count it and forget it happened. My friends are always rippin me for 6 years of playing with no aces so if I told them I aced by myself I would be eaten alive. :(

If I got an ace when I was alone, I might as well not count it and forget it happened. My friends are always rippin me for 6 years of playing with no aces so if I told them I aced by myself I would be eaten alive. :(

find someone on the course to sign the disc

1st of the year, just over a year from the last one. Alex Clark hole 2 long tee 330'. Off the skip on a pure hyzer w/ a Force. Took the ace pot (just got hit last week) for my first time $84.

give it some time, when the weather perks up all the termites will come out and start eating your course alive! It doesn't matter where you are, they will come out of nowhere to infest your course on the most beautiful days.

(termite = fair weather fan)

This happened to me 2 days ago. I got my first ace ever while playing solo...on a previously unaced(to my knowledge) hole on my home course. I was lucky in the fact that a guy on an adjacent hole watched the whole thing, so I DO have a witness. However the guy was an out-of-towner, so it's not going to do me a lot of good with my regular group.

Luckily, I'm with scarp in that I don't really care :). *I* know I sank one from the teebox and that's all that really matters to me.

give it some time, when the weather perks up all the termites will come out and start eating your course alive! It doesn't matter where you are, they will come out of nowhere to infest your course on the most beautiful days.

(termite = fair weather fan)
Nah -- I know the course he's talking about. Last summer/fall when I played out there, I'd be out on a PERFECT day and wouldn't see anybody on the course at all. Of course, I can usually play during the day, so that may be why. Last Sunday I saw 4 people other than the two I was with, and that was the most I've ever seen on the course who weren't working on stuff.

This happened to me 2 days ago. I got my first ace ever while playing solo...on a previously unaced(to my knowledge) hole on my home course. I was lucky in the fact that a guy on an adjacent hole watched the whole thing, so I DO have a witness. However the guy was an out-of-towner, so it's not going to do me a lot of good with my regular group.

Luckily, I'm with scarp in that I don't really care :). *I* know I sank one from the teebox and that's all that really matters to me.

Congrats on your first Ace.

I'm still waiting for mine.

Congrats on the ace....hopefully I can get my first when I go to BG Ams!!

Sounds a lot like being in school and teasing the guy in the group who's still a virgin who then says he met a girl at Niagara Falls last summer. You wouldn't know her...

Nah -- I know the course he's talking about. Last summer/fall when I played out there, I'd be out on a PERFECT day and wouldn't see anybody on the course at all. Of course, I can usually play during the day, so that may be why. Last Sunday I saw 4 people other than the two I was with, and that was the most I've ever seen on the course who weren't working on stuff.

He speaketh the truth.

I played the course last Saturday and there were only 2 other DG'ers there and it was a beautiful day. My home course is flooded with people normally but Armco doesnt seem to have a lot of locals (even though its only 20 minutes away from my home course people dont seem to make that trip often?).

My third ace (of 4) happened when I was alone and on a 127' hole. And yes, I counted it.
Why wouldn't I? I like to think that my golf buddies trust me. ;)

If you hit a metal ace on the wrong basket, that would be BLACK METAL, correct? Cause I did that Monday. Cascades Gateway Tee 2 Hole 1

Yeah I play alone al ot and i tend to get close but have yet to put one in granted our courses around here are pretty much wide open therefore if one other person is on the course they will see or hear your excitement. My buddy claims to have an ace on one of the courses here, he was the only one there got super excited and then got disappointed since no one was around to see it, but he still counts it granted he has 5 or 6 legit aces in the past year, and another chubby ace on top of that

Status
Not open for further replies.