• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
1st Ace today @ Osbourne park Willoughby Ohio. The hole is a dog leg right 196ft , I used my Ace Race Esp Hornet!

picture.php
not the greatest picture!

Heyooooooo, first Ace ever today! 6th hole at Crane Creek in Rohnert Park, CA (280 ft) with my Champ TeeBird.

Started the round solo, but caught up to two guys on the 3rd hole and played with them so I (luckily) had witnesses.

What a rush.

Congrats man! I wanted an ace at that course so bad...practically every hole is an ace run. Did you have to deal with the wind at all? That alone makes an ace there incredibly special. Again, great work.

:thmbup:

Third Legitimate (non-cubby) ace of the year. Hole #9 at Grand Island Park. Its 320', fully open to the left with a couple guardian trees to the right. I threw my new Goldline Fuse (only been throwing it for a week) straight at it and it held dead straight with about 3-4 feet of lateral fade near the end of its flight straight into the chains. It carded me the first -9 (new course record, but with no witnesses) and my best Mid-range ace to date.

Third Legitimate (non-cubby) ace of the year. Hole #9 at Grand Island Park. Its 320', fully open to the left with a couple guardian trees to the right. I threw my new Goldline Fuse (only been throwing it for a week) straight at it and it held dead straight with about 3-4 feet of lateral fade near the end of its flight straight into the chains. It carded me the first -9 (new course record, but with no witnesses) and my best Mid-range ace to date.

That sounds like a sick ace,sounds like you've been enjoying the fuse :thmbup:

One of my favorites for sure.

That sounds like a sick ace,sounds like you've been enjoying the fuse :thmbup:

One of my favorites for sure.

I have no idea how I didnt bite and decide to pick up a Fuse before. I've been tempted a dozen times the last year to get one, but only picked it up last weekend. Ive realized I can get it out to about 340-350 on a dead nuts straight line with a clean pull, and had magic happen today.

25 years and today I hit my first Ace.

Loriella #9 - 225' from the short pad. It's an easy anhyzer through some tight woods. The basket is on the short pin.

Of course Not another soul on the course, I called out to see if anyone was around but nothing. I have hit chains before through the years none of them had ever stuck.

picture.php

I took this one just off the tee pad around the bend it's hard to see but it's in there. I'm surprised I was able to get the pic I was freakin' out a little.

picture.php

Since i had no witness I guess it's not official. But I'm keepin' it...

Congrats man! I wanted an ace at that course so bad...practically every hole is an ace run. Did you have to deal with the wind at all? That alone makes an ace there incredibly special. Again, great work.

:thmbup:

The 6th hole is shielded by a bunch of trees and not as exposed as some of the other holes so the wind wasn't too bad. But yeah, putts on the back 9 can get pretty hairy sometimes.

On another note, Second Ace! And only 4 days after the first! On the third hold of the local college course, I nailed the fire hydrant with my Evo Warrior to ace the third hole. It is about 260', teeing off under a grove of trees with a dogleg left around another grove. Watched it take a skip off the pavement then the guys I was playing with who were spotting erupted when it nailed the hydrant. No baskets, the course weaves around the campus and you are shooting for hydrants and lamp posts. Pretty technical course, a lot of different shots, really fun.

9 months after my.first ace I finally got another. Night disc round.201 feet according to the website but the hole sign disagrees. Threw a glo stalker on #18 at lions. Couldn't see it at all after it left my hand. Just heard the bang of the chains

Got my second Ace today! Hole #2 Timber Lane, in Spring ,TX (home course). Its only 167ft , but it narrows down to 7ft in the middle of the fairway, and its a tricky one to hit. I hit it in the second round , with my Soft Magnet:

TimberLanehole2resized.jpg

Timberlaneace.jpg

I hit the new lakewood redesigned #1. 180ish over a pond with a esp zone.
I'm liking the new design of the course, best tee pads I have seen...I may have designed and helped dig a couple of them.

Hit my third ace on thursday. Hole 7 at JB in STL on C position with my Z Buzzz. About a 315 foot shot that you shoot straight then it ends to the right behind bushes so you cant see the basket. As soon as i let it go i knew it had a shot but i didnt think it was going in until i heard it. Ended up shooting the best round of my life at the course at -3 (51)

Status
Not open for further replies.