• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR ACES 2012!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I aced with my gold line pure for the first time a little while back now. It was also one of the two holes at the course I have not yet aced. Now I just need hole 6. My 11th ace with a pure, my first with a gold line pure, and my 17th overall. Sadly the only hole I did not film was the hole I aced... Random pure shots instead.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-FF-0Dwydk

My 4th ace today, hole 2 Edora. I think its my longest or close to it.

It took 200 rounds, but I finally got an ace today at Lava Creek. :clap:

Hole 6 (304ft), 175 Star Eagle. Short skip and a jump into the basket.

Got my second ace earlier this year on the Red Fox hole #8 Silver Lake,WI. Hole plays about 250 slightly down hill, through a 12day old Super Stingray.

First ever

Oct 24, Calvert Road (College Park, MD). Hole #1.

Trying out some new discs. Walked up to the white tee, with a new Champion Xcaliber in hand. Threw a big hyzer, and watched it skip into the basket (2 witnesses were awed.)

Felt so sweet.

4th ace today, on the short Hole #5 Williamsberg, OH, with a GL Fuse, passing <8" beneath each of the two overhanging branches. Still a sweet sound when it gently crashes into the chains & stays in! :p

1st ever ACE

Saturday, 11/03/2012, after 279 rounds this year(my first year discing), I delivered a perfect shot that stuck. Throwing at Mt. Simon, in Eau Claire WI, hole #4, a 190' over a small hill, with several large trees in the center of the fairway. I threw one of my smoothest shots so far down the left side gap (I throw RHFH), it glided into the exact center of the chains and dropped right into the basket. I heard it hit chains, could see the top half of the chains, but not the basket, and doubted that it stuck. I had hit metal over a dozen times throughout the year, and hit chains 4 times, but not stuck. As we walk over the crest of the hill, I see my 175 star Wraith resting in the basket. I shook for an hour afterwards! What a great feeling to experience! It makes me love this sport even more! :clap::thmbup:

Aced this tiki hole at the grange today. Most fun ive ever had playing disc golf.

2012-11-10_08-40-05_530.jpg

Aced holed 17 251' at the new Burchfield course in Holt, MI called Rivers' Edge for my 4th ace! Aced from the alt pad 10 feet to the left, they have wooden frames around tee pads 12-18 as they plan on pouring cement soon. Aced with a Z Buzz with a Jbird stamp bought from DJ at Grandwoods about 2 months ago.

dBeN0.jpg

My friend who was with me played in the tournament at Rivers' Edge when it first opened during the summer. He said he didn't think anyone got an ace there during the tournament and discgolfscene has no aces posted except mine. So I may be the first ace on this course!

On a side note the only reason I bought this disc is because I left my other Yellow Elite X buzz with a Custom Jbird stamp (andrews 11 or 12th birthday) at Hammond Hill of Hastings, MI on hole 17 or 18. Had an ace with that disc too but didn't have my current phone # on it.

Friends made a rule a while ago. Any ace with the group you have to retire that disc and put it on your wall, and then everyone else in the group chips in to buy a new disc. Pretty sweet rule if you ask me. I already had these two babies ready to go and I'm going to get 1 more?? SWEET!

uLD22.jpg

6DXA1.jpg

Aced hole 8 at Woodmansee.
In the short position, 295' tucked into the left tree line.
Didn't see it go in just heard it!
AJ Star Destroyer 175g.

3rd ace for me! RHFH 11x Firebird skipped right into the heart of the chains on hole 10 at the Bear Creek! OOOOWEEEEEEE I LOVE THAT FEEELINGGGGG

Aced hole 5 this morning at Shepherd Rec Center in Chattanooga with my Volt. 224' with about 10' rise in elevation. Totally blind uphill shot, RHBH bit of anhyzer and lots of spin, flattened out & faded, and ended up in the basket. Didn't hear a thing.

3rd ace, 2nd of the year.

c4a13df2.jpg

Ace #11 for me on Hole 10 @ Corbin Park in Post Falls Idaho. It's in B position (labeled on the forum at 305 but it's 205). Nose up floaty hyzer down the tiny middle gap with a SSS Voodoo. Won myself five bucks!

54370201.jpg

Hit my first ace ever at acorn park in minneaota on hole #7 during a doubles league. My partner and I walked with 146 from the ace pool!!

K so I never really post my aces on here but I hit one on Thanksgiving I thought was worthy of showing off.

Ace #19, #12 of 2012 (appropriate!), 3rd skip ace.

Skip ace hole #5 at Belmont Park, long pin position. Says it is 451 on here but I'm not sure if that is accurate, it's just the same thing the teesign reads.
39eb7bc9.jpg

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1002&mode=hi#

63815_809247446630_184018247_n.jpg

The disc: a 171 weight JK Pro Valk I found at TurtleCreek DGC, I'm usually avid about returning discs but this one had no contact info on it unfortunately :/ just a real faded name that me or any of my DG buddies recognize.
136436_g.jpg

The catch: I had just switched that disc in my bag that morning to replace my pink JK Pro Valk which has gotten beaten in a little more flippy than I like. It was the very first time I'd ever thrown it on my hole 5 tee shot!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.