• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

Got my 1st ace of 2014 last night. 2nd one ever. Hole 18 at ford park in redlands CA. And it was dark as a hookers heart. No light on the basket but one on my disc. My go to stalker. I was playing solo but my wife and son were witnesses so it counts. Now I've hit the first and last holes at ford park.

Got my 1st ace of 2014 last night. 2nd one ever. Hole 18 at ford park in redlands CA. And it was dark as a hookers heart. No light on the basket but one on my disc. My go to stalker. I was playing solo but my wife and son were witnesses so it counts. Now I've hit the first and last holes at ford park.

Nice! You've got the bread, now get the meat. :D :thmbup:

Finally hit one of the easy holes on my home course, then hit the pin on another, later in the round. Two bogies made the score kinda meh instead of spectacular. Still nice to finally have a multi-ace disc.:p

1622809_10203223601893172_1987079433_n.jpg

Nailed another DG Nomad ace today at hole 5 of the Dragons Lair. About 320-330 feet, big hyzer line out and over a very large creek (in honor of the Memorial)....hit so hard I heard it from the teepad, though my spotter was pretty pumped to see it as well!

Just got my first ace today! Hole #8 at Warner Park. I couldn't be happier right now!

I just probably threw my longest ace ever, 284ft. You know that stupid hyzer hole, right? You know, where you throw over the trees on hole 3 at the Dragon's Lair? It's just ridiculous, there's no gap, but everybody birdies it? You know that hole.

It looks perfect out of my hand. ( I'm on the tee) Everyone knows it's going in and somehow it just drops out of the sky. I hit dead in the middle of the heart of the chains and went right threw it. Took a one on that stupid hole. I don't even know who designed this stupid course. I birdied everything else, birdied them all.

Last edited:
Got my second ace of 2014 at Central Park in Hawarden, IA yesterday (12th ace, but my first one outside of Minnesota). Hole 4, 230 feet. Had to basically muscle it up there, all arms, as the footing on the tee was slick. Stepped up a disc to a Squall (DGA) since I couldn't use my X-step, let it go about 7-8 feet left of the basket (LHBH) and it hit right in the middle of the chains on the pole and stuck. Would have gone 30-40 feet past if it didn't grab some metal, so it was one of those shots where you either get your Ace, or you're praying just to save deuce.

When I let it go, I thought "crap...too fast/hard...slow down, S-L-O-W DOWN!" But then as it got close to the basket and I saw it had a chance, I said "get there...get there!" :p It got there...keeping enough elevation. Aces always feel a bit lucky like that though. Parked deuces? Just seem like so much more skill is involved. But not much beats writing a "1" on the card. Even if they involve an awful lot more luck. :)

First ace! That is all...

#7 at Wells Branch Park in Austin, TX. Short hole, 190'. Uphill, over a creek, and you have to bend it around a tree.(lefty run)

Skip ace with my Glow Gator.

Witnessed by 2 random dudes I was playing the round with, which is lucky cause I frequently play alone.

Very cool feeling to finally get over that hump.

:hfive:

BANG BANG!!! So a quick little backstory: played a decent amount of golf from 2003-2007, got my first ace in 2007 and then quit playing in 2008. I have been back to playing for about 10 months, and been hungry for another ace. Chain outs, top band, basket, ive hit it all in the last 10 months, but just haven't aced.

Okay, yesterday, first weekday random draw dubs of the season kicks off and we get a decent group out to play. We are however playing from the short tees at East Roswell Park in Georgia to ensure we have enough time to finish. Me and my partner start on hole 7 and shoot pretty well through entire course. Get back around to hole 2, which is a 170ft across valley, slightly down hill, and very wooded hole.
I am first on the pad for our card. Theres a hyzer line or a dead straight at it line which is def tighter through the trees. Grab my KC Pro Aviar and plan to go straight at it. Snap it out on a slight hyzer, she flips up to flat, then doesn't move a single inch left or right for rest of flight. DEAD STRAIGHT line into the heart of the chains! It was awesome to say the least.

Then to finish the day. We end up in a 4 way tie for first. Go to first playoff hole. Of the 4 teams off the teebox: one team is about 140ft out, we are about 110ft out, another team is 65ft out, and last team is parked for a 2.
Second member of furthest out team sinks the 140ft putt!! Everyone goes nuts! Then my partner steps up and misses his attempt at our putt. Now the pressure is on me! Step up, get in stance, BANG BANG the putt goes in! Everyone again goes nuts. Team that was 65ft out miss and 3 teams go on to next playoff hole where me and my partner WIN!!

So first night of random dubs and I get an ace, a 100+ft putt in the playoff, and the victory!! Pocketed some dolla bills and headed home. EPIC day on the golf course.

Thanks!

Here is a pic of the hole, but this is from the blue tees. Red tees are about 20 feet to the right. Sorry the pic is so big

16323_l.jpg

Got my third one yesterday. Short hole but almost completely blind. I normally throw this hole FH high and over this one specific tree with a stable mid so it just fades toward the basket. Usually gets me within 15'. Yesterday I thought I would take the low FH hyzer line down the 5' wide tunnel with a buzzz. It just started to fade before crashing into the chains.

I havnt had any aces this year due to the cold. I live in Wisconsin so I didnt play too much yet. Its starting to warm up now but im hoping to get a few this year. Last year i had about 15. I have 20 aces total right now. I also won took third in the ace race in 2013 with 1 Ace and 2 basket hits. Happy Discing to all!!!:clap:

I aced hole 7at Harbin park yesterday. 255 feet. blue champ Roc3. Hyzer up over the tree and down into the basket. had 3 other people with me. just an awsome shot.

Do object aces count in this thread?

Played a tournament on an old school (as in the design dates back to the 70s) object course yesterday, targets included hitting a flag pole, passing through a "V" in a tree, hitting a door, landing on an elevated platform at the top of a playground slide, etc. Aced the same hole in both rounds. Blind shot, about 200 feet, uphill around a building to land the disc within the designated object (essentially a roofless outhouse kind of thing).

Been playing that course and that event for five years now, saying that was the hole I wanted to get an ace on if I were to get any of them. Then I went and did it twice in one day. Won the tournament too. Good day.

Latest posts