• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2014

I just tallied my second ace in the last 8 days, 180ft with a 156 lightweight wizard. It's not the longest hole in the world, but watching an ACE is always a treat. Beacon Hill has been my home course this last year and it's really been a blessing in disguise. The small tight course has really forced me to focus on my short and mid game. It was probably my last time I'll play that South Korean course ever, so leaving with an Ace and being able to share it with some great friends was a perfect way to walk off into the sunset.

Got my first ACE of 2014 on 3/9/14. It was the first day over 70 degrees in a long time.

Hole #16 at Jackson Park in Rapid City, SD. Had a slight headwind turn my Ibex ever so slightly until it rounded the corner out of sight until the glorious splash of chain. This followed a skip off the top of #11 long pad earlier in the day.

I got an ACE today!!!

Hole 9 at Riverbend Park North, Oroville, CA. Firebird skip-in, strong headwind.

Aced hole #1 from the long tee at Westminster. 372ft with an Opto Air Halo into a headwind. My longest ace by far. Funny to watch it go in, then hear it a split second later. Joined a couple guys on tee #3 and went on to a record round for me of 48.

I got an ACE today at Kaposia Hole #2 in South Saint Paul, MN.

Lucid Escape thrown with a slight flex anhy with a nice fade back to catch the chains. It continued to be a bogey free day, plus banging the basket on Hole #7 off the tee. Needless to say, it was a good day!

I'm pretty new to the sport (I played only my eighth round yesterday) and I also got my first Ace!

It was on Hole #5 at Chimney Rock Park in Bridgewater, NJ. The hole is really short and over a small creek through some trees. I threw my Classic Aviar on a little hyzer around the trees and bam, right in the chains!

Got #6 from the shorts at Stumpy Creek a few weeks ago.

The course photo is pretty bad. Wasn't nearly as green.

Basically a little downhill, split the field goal trees about half way there, and straight 288 feet.

Popped a Rhyno through the uprights, locked on, and hit it on the fly.

Possibly my favorite ace. http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=706#

2 1/2 month ace drought is OVER! Just got 2 Neutron Ions in from flyin27 last night. Played 8 rounds today, cashed on the first shot of the 7th round with one of them! It's an open hole on a right to left sloping hill that falls away behind the basket. Looks like the easiest shot in the world...until you throw. The slope of the hill makes the wind do all kinds of funky things. I had TERRIBLE shots on this hole probably 4 of the 8 rounds (how terrible can it be at only 175'? Bushes, trees, hill, etc...) This one looked a little high, but these ions glide forever, then just fall out of the sky. That's exactly what this shot did. Just as the touch of fade started right at the end of the flight, it dropped right into the middle of the chains, spun and sat right down.

The BEST part though was that a 9 year old camper who is here for this weekend's family camp was playing basketball on the adjacent outdoor court and saw the shot! He was like "You're pretty good!" I told him that I was a member of the Professional Disc Golf Association. He was like "YOU'RE A PRO!?!?" I answered in the affirmative (too complicated to explain to a 9 year old the difference between am and pro). Then he said "I don't believe you!" I showed him my PDGA mini and then he proceeded to play the rest of the round with me. When I saw his dad at dinner, the dad said that all the kid has talked about all evening was disc golf and this guy he saw that was REALLY good! lol I'm not THAT good, but I think I got another kid hooked! :hfive: +1

Last edited:
I got my first Ace of 2014 today!!!

I work at Saint Martin's University, where there is a 9 holer. I usually take a stack of putters and throw at Hole 4, then practice putting for about a half hour. Hole 4 is about 250, slightly downhill, and an island. Today I took my putters out of my vehicle and started walking over to the box. As I walked up some students where walking up to the tee box. I asked if they minded if I threw my putters down there with them. First throw was with an 175 Organic Prototype Wizard, big straight high line with a finish. I remember yelling "GET DOWN!!! GET IT!!! YES!!!" High-Fives ensued.

First ace ever!

Leigh Farm Rec #2 (short position), ESP FLX Buzz, was a little right, got around a tree and faded into the chains. Had hit metal previously.

Got this one on film today.
Ryan Kenney
Eastway Park, Charlotte NC
hole #4 -- 298 feet.
Tunnel shot with steep downhill behind pin.

971773_253901821456698_1726817947_n.jpg

Scored my 17th lifetime ace today, once again on a DG Nomad (let the hate roll in). Hole one at the Dragons Lair with a glow KC Pro Aviar. No wind, slight (and I do mean slight) hyzer angle...laser beam into the dead center of the chains. I never throw an Aviar on this hole. Lately it's been my Envy, but for whatever reason I decided to whip out my beat KC Aviar. Did the trick!

First Ace!

I swear this really happened recently. Threw a beautiful low shot with a little hyzer about 200 + feet and it hit the chains and fell in the basket!!! Oh how sweet it was until I woke up from a power nap and realized it was just a dream :sick: In reality I've only been close but no cigar.

3rd ace of the year and career 10th. First hole of the day, 170ft with my Proton Envy. In the same round my buddy aced a 180ft downhill hole forehand with his Max. Isn't that what everyone would throw on that hole?

Latest posts