• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2015

Played a round at Golden Gate Park in SF yesterday. Was feeling pretty sore after a big weekend playing the Player's Cup tourney in Lake County, CA, but wanted to enjoy 4/20 in the park.

Was playing doubles and hit my first ever ace on hole 18. 302 feet, downhill. Threw my KC Pro Teebird on a low line straight at the basket. It hit the ground about 15 feet in front and skipped right up into the chains. Woohoo! Took me one year and 9 months of playing to get that first ace.

The funny part was I had just promised to sell that disc back to the guy I bought it from if I managed to find another one of those discs in my preferred color of orange. Now that it's my only ace disc (and has a bunch of signatures on it from the witnesses), he's s**t out of luck. :)

BDA

Hit another ace at Showa Kinen Park today! I threw a 290 ft RHBH hyzer flip turnover with a 157 Starlight Roadrunner on hole 12. 2nd of the year, 18th all time.

aced #16 at treetop on 4/20 :) -flexed my forehand through the double mando right into the chains.

My First Ace!

Finally got my first ace after several summers of metal hits and close calls!

Castaldo Park
Woodridge, IL
Hole 4, 185 feet
Disc: ACE RACE 2012 PROTOTYPE ("Zombee"), 171 grams
April 23, 2014 ~7:20pm

2lwkqaq.jpg

After several near misses, over the last two years I've been playing...

I finally got my first Ace...April 17, 2015 5:30 PM

Hiller Park DGC in Biloxi MS, Hole 11 from the white tees....158 ft slight down hill over water ...wind blowing south to north (right to left on that particular hole) about 10 to 15 mph....

threw a GStar Roc3 on a line about 20 feet to the right of the basket and let the wind carry it back to the chains....3 witnesses (who all just happened to duece the hole)

In a weird twist, one of the guys I was throwing with that day also got his first ace on Hole 3, from the white tees. Two aces on the same card in the same round....very unlikely...but it happened...:thmbup:

I was at BG Ams over the weekend, in the Saturday 3rd round a guy aced no13 at ephram white. I wound up playing the 4th round with him yesterday at preston miller, and i'll be damned if he didn't ace no13 there too. Back to back rounds in a huge tourney aced hole 13, crazy......

I was at BG Ams over the weekend, in the Saturday 3rd round a guy aced no13 at ephram white. I wound up playing the 4th round with him yesterday at preston miller, and i'll be damned if he didn't ace no13 there too. Back to back rounds in a huge tourney aced hole 13, crazy......

Hey brutal!

I had nothing even approaching an ace, and nobody on my cards was close either. We didn't even hear any cheers around us. Tough weekend for the old guys. I did hear about Lizotte's 500 footer Friday night. I'd count it: first warmup throw for the distance competition goes in? That's crazy too! :clap:

I will probably hear some crap about it, but I still got my first Ace yesterday.
Went to South Beach State Park in Newport, OR for the weekend. Didn't bring my discs because I wasn't expecting to have a place to play. While driving in we spot a short 9 hole that the campground just put in this year. Family friendly with two teepad distances, but still pretty short.
I purchased a Gateway Wizard from the campground to play and I Ace Hole 2 with my wife and daughter in tow. Now it was only 67' from tee to pin, but the Oregon coast wind is no joke and I will still say I got my first Ace.
5 years into disc golf and I finally get one, in a tiny course and a state campground.

Congrats mrDROCK! I say play 'em all, and any distance is good by me. It's about having fun! :thmbup:

Well, i hit my first ace this morning with my champ eagle-l. Worst part about it is nobody was in sight (early morning round on a monday, go figure) when it hit so i had no witnesses. Fantastic. Finally hit one and it doesnt even count. Siiigh...

I got career #4 on 5/3/15.

Home course Chautauqua Park
Hole #8 (old hole 7)
269 ft
Biofuzion Truth

Crazy thing was I saw it the whole way and never heard one single chain make a noise. It sounded almost like a disc hitting the number plate on top of a basked. I pressume that it hit the center pole at the bottom of the cage.

Hit career #2 (2nd in 2015) on #7 at Spring Lake Park in Texarkana, TX. Basket is elevated on a cement drum and I skipped a PD2 Chaos around the tree immediately in front of the pin with a LHFH shot. Saw the skip and yelled get up, but the view is a bit obstructed from the tee. Smashed the chains though...
picture.php

picture.php

Didn't know this thread existed. Posted elsewhere but on Saturday got my second ace at West Park, Joliet, IL, hole #16. I had just told my friend on the way there how I hated this particular hole. I'm slightly more fond of it now.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1430790907.876857.jpg

Got my 4th ace about a month ago up at Rum Village in South Bend Indiana. Short 180 footer behind the tree on the right of the tee. Would have gone downhill if I missed. Nothing but net. Oddly enough, my fiancé has seen all 4 of my aces. Good luck charm?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    165 KB · Views: 23
First ace of the season for me. I know, a little overdue. Hole #14 at UW Whitewater Hoffman Field. 175ft down hill back hand with my Birdie putter.

First time trying to include a picture so bear with me if this doesn't work right.

view_image.php

Got my second ever ace today. Does it count if its practice? Meh don't care it counts. Usually what I do in the morning is I play the first four holes of my home course and throw a couple of discs at each hole then stop at hole 4 and do putting practice. This morning on hole one, which is 295' around a corner, I stepped up and threw a Gstar Teebird3 and ended up cutting the corner a little tight. So I grabbed my champ teebird out of my bag and decided to put it out a little wider and took a little bit off. I watched it hyzer around the corner and then heard a loud CHING! I didn't think much of it cause the DGA mach2s we have don't catch most ace runs but when I got up to the basket there was the teebird sitting in the basket.

Latest posts