• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2017

Yeah, a couple years ago I hit #18 at Winton for the very last throw of summer league. Tony gave me $15 merch from the club. We pay a whopping $15 per season to play leagues, & that includes merch for the top couple teams, any aces that are hit, & a couple of other prizes, 12 to 14 weeks of play, and a league meal/party at the end. Best value in competition, but not a place where you're gonna cash in big! :eek:

You guys should throw in a buck a man per week, or something.

I don't have an ace yet...

But I've had two chain outs and a band hit within the last week, with one of the chain outs being for 200 dollars. I'm getting close!!!

Played MA2 today at the Druid Hill Open (Baltimore), my first tourney, and aced Forest Drive #8. It's a 180' left to right shot, over a dry creek valley, with an uphill finish. I throw LHBH, and my Champ Panther hyzer pured the "field goal" trees half the way up the hill before hyzering into the chains with a loud splash. I felt good about the throw the whole way but didn't expect an ace. Second career ace.

Played MA2 today at the Druid Hill Open (Baltimore), my first tourney, and aced Forest Drive #8. It's a 180' left to right shot, over a dry creek valley, with an uphill finish. I throw LHBH, and my Champ Panther hyzer pured the "field goal" trees half the way up the hill before hyzering into the chains with a loud splash. I felt good about the throw the whole way but didn't expect an ace. Second career ace.

the above is pretty crazy, since I got MY second ace ever today on a Champ Panther too! 189', 175g. super open hole and the disc felt great leaving my hand. no witnesses, and I didn't geek out nearly as much as I did on my first one. cool father's day present though, considering my son turn me on to DG less than two years ago....

Ace #7 on Father's Day

Got my 7th Ace yesterday at the Oaks course Hole #14 at Cal State University Monterey Bay on Father's Day. Amazingly, my buddy was filming on his smart phone at the time, so I got it recorded for posterity. I couldn't see it go in from the Tee pad, but heard the chains and you can see the chains fly on the full resolution video. Proud to be wearing my Central Coast Disc Golf hat and DGA shirt. I was using a CCDG stamped Star Destroyer (from their store), throwing into heavy wind. Really just trying to penetrate the branches, toward the basket, but it got some lift from the wind and found its way guided-missile style to the basket.

It made for an awesome Father's Day gift. Nothing like that feeling of getting an Ace, was giddy all day long. Epic DG experience!

Last edited:
Got my 7th Ace yesterday at the Oaks course Hole #14 at Cal State University Monterey Bay on Father's Day. Amazingly, my buddy was filming on his smart phone at the time, so I got it recorded for posterity. I couldn't see it go in from the Tee pad, but heard the chains and you can see the chains fly on the full resolution video. Proud to be wearing my Central Coast Disc Golf hat and DGA shirt. I was using a CCDG stamped Star Destroyer (from their store), throwing into heavy wind. Really just trying to penetrate the branches, toward the basket, but it got some lift from the wind and found its way guided-missile style to the basket.

It made for an awesome Father's Day gift. Nothing like that feeling of getting an Ace, was giddy all day long. Epic DG experience!

That's awesome! Congrats!

Special thanks continue to go out to DGCR member GMcAtee, who, three years ago, while working at his course (Cedar Sentinels), found and returned my 2x ace Buzzz. It's good that we are friends, but even more, that he's the kind of guy who makes sure a lost ace disc gets returned to its owner.
Thanks, Greg! :thmbup:

Because that disc just got its 5th ace today on the 17th hole at Woodland Mound!

Got my second ace of the year today at Oshtemo Park near Kalamazoo michigan.
Hole #6 185ft with a MVP Axis 178g. My buddy Corey who I was playing with witnessed it as well as two random guys also named Andy and Corey lol.

Seems like it's been forever since I've aced, but I finally got another one on Monday.

Hole 7 at Nockamixon - https://www.dgcoursereview.com/media.php?id=20&mode=media&view=hole&hole=7&page=1

Tough hole, I always seem to struggle with stability and release angle on this hole. You really don't want to fade out early and end up in the huge rocks to the left, but turning one over too much costs you too. You really need to pipe one down the gut.

Funny thing, was I had to set some unofficial record for "time from throw to knowing you aced". We had my friends son with us in a stroller (I know, it's crazy at Nocky but we've made it around before with my daughter), and needed to do some baby maintenance.

I lasered a hyzer flip with a Champ Tern. Got a little right drift, setting up nicely to fade towards the picturesque green. Faded towards the basket, which you can't see from the tee. Didn't hear a thing. My friend and I admired the shot, chalked it up to easy birdie or circle three (water behind green) and did what needed to be done. Diaper change, let the kid roam a bit, snack, drink, etc. Got him back in the stroller and set off.

It must have been 15 minutes after my shot, and as I come over a crest to bring the basket into view, I am met with the first attached picture. Holy ****! Is that actually in the basket?! No way, it must be the angle, it has to be behind the pin. Can't be an ace. No...that's definitely in!

First ace I've had where I didn't cheer as it hit, which is a bit anticlimactic. I've only ever birdied this hole once or twice though and it is a tough line, so it felt really good. I wasn't having the best round (double bogey 7 to open hole one), and this ace was coming off of a birdie on hole six. Felt great.

Attachments

• IMG_7099.jpg
    IMG_7099.jpg
    163 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_7102.jpg
    IMG_7102.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 15
I wouldn't normally post in this thread (cuz I don't normally Ace :eek:), but ...

Just Aced the same hole in two successive rounds. Fresh new niner in Melvindale; #3 = 170 ft.
Rd1: Ace :D
Rd2: Ace :eek: :D :D
Rd3: Birdie... but at that point, 3rd round is mandatory, right? ;)
I know it's just a glorified upshot, but twice in a row in back to back rounds, no cubbies, no BS....
*buys Powerball ticket*

Got another ace with my insanely beat up Tank. Token Creek, 3 short to red. Just about the easiest hole in Madison besides the other ace I have with this disc (Cap 8 short red).

Aced hole 5 at my Lakewood Hills yesterday. 295, downhill but the fairway goes uphill 10' before the basket which is on an upslope. Did my usual throw, as this is my home course, leopard on a slight hyzer flip, drifted right like usual, watched the hole thing as if it was my usual shot, typically in the circle. Ten feet before my heart skipped, and Ching... just disappeared. Second of the year, felt so awesome. Got this disc for Father's Day after my son was born 6 years ago. Finally hit one with it!!!
8d85e809365373e7380cbc1d104740da.jpg
3ab798ff31e5236e5cc6d6d7a01cbc8c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Aced hole 5 at my Lakewood Hills yesterday. 295, downhill but the fairway goes uphill 10' before the basket which is on an upslope. Did my usual throw, as this is my home course, leopard on a slight hyzer flip, drifted right like usual, watched the hole thing as if it was my usual shot, typically in the circle. Ten feet before my heart skipped, and Ching... just disappeared. Second of the year, felt so awesome. Got this disc for Father's Day after my son was born 6 years ago. Finally hit one with it!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dope hole.

I usually unload about 5 discs on that hole. Havent even hit metal yet.

Aced 8 Elver short to short in a practice round for a tournament with a $500 ace pool. Gstar leopard, right at it.

Had my first ever ace today!
Hole 3
Knob Hill
246 ft.
Latitude 64 Saint Pro on a smooth hyzer flip to flat, back to hyzer.

I played super cali at doubles tonight, started on hole 4. Was not playing well, and was extremely unhappy with myself. First shot on the last hole of the day, pured straight out of my hands, card knew it was good. Cruised right into the basket. 50 dollar ace pot.

Can't believe I did it!

Latest posts