• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2018

Apparently Zach Steinmetz hit a 534' ace (the long position on 11) at Belmont Park Saturday. I don't even know what line he could have possibly taken to get there. For reference, it's about 200' past the last line of trees in the pic here. Sounds like it's the first time it's ever been aced in that position, and the course has been in the ground since 1985.

a6d323b3.jpg

Apparently Zach Steinmetz hit a 534' ace (the long position on 11) at Belmont Park Saturday. I don't even know what line he could have possibly taken to get there. For reference, it's about 200' past the last line of trees in the pic here. Sounds like it's the first time it's ever been aced in that position, and the course has been in the ground since 1985.
Yea that's f'n nutzo. Especially this time of year because that high gap on the right is covered by leaves. Must have just got a lucky "local route" type of shot...

Got another one last night, my 5th ever, and all since April... Playing by myself. No witnesses = didn't happen, right, but it was legitimate.

Hole #6 at Winget (again - playing the odds; the more I play there, the more chances I have):226', slight right turn. Used a Seer. Halfway there, I had an inkling. The thing just never got off track, and couldn't have hit any more flush in the center of the chains. It was quite beautiful to watch. Involuntarily, I sort of leaped and fist-pumped a'la Michael Jordan, then looked around to see if anyone witnessed. No one did. :doh:

Broke out of my 4 month ace drought on Saturday with my 4th of the year, 29th overall.

Hit 6 East at Standing Rocks. About 230', downhill. Standstill anny with a Tank. First ace with this Tank after losing my super beat Tank that had like 3 aces on it. It just got to the sweet spot of broke-in-ness.

They almost always come in bunches for me. After hitting 3 quick at the start of the year I didn't have any until September. Now I have 3 this month. Hit Bird's 22 at MCO, and then just hit Elver 13 on Friday.

Hit my first ace in over a year today at N.A.D. Park, hole 9. That's the fifth different hole I've aced there, and I've never hit the same hole twice.

Hit my first ace in over a year today at N.A.D. Park, hole 9. That's the fifth different hole I've aced there, and I've never hit the same hole twice.

Ace at NAD????? Way to miss that one tree, Dude! 5th Ace at NAD???? What holes???You are a Beast! Damn, I miss that course!

Ace at NAD????? Way to miss that one tree, Dude! 5th Ace at NAD???? What holes???You are a Beast! Damn, I miss that course!

Well, I probably have 1200+/- rounds played at NAD, so I don't get them often. I'm definitely not a beast. I don't really run aces, I don't consider myself the best putter so I throw to park the holes and play for score. I don't really care that much about getting aces, although it's fun to get one now and then.

I love that course. I've hit holes 5,10,17,18 and now 9. Never aced the 2 shortest holes, lol.

Making up for lost time

Lifetime aces # 4 and #5 within six days of each other, at the same course! For reference of my relative skill level, earlier in 2018, I ended an ace-less drought of eight years. Now I've hit three in three months, and two in six days!

#4: Dretzka Park, Milwaukee WI 9/27/18: Hole 7 (original course), Pin A, Buzzz
YwPKxsm.jpg

dbSskG0.jpg

#5: Dretzka Park, Milwaukee, WI 10/3/18: Hole 17, Pin A, 165g Champion Firebird, SKIP-IN!
5xRhkYQ.jpg

AkFhB39.jpg

^Since when does hole 7 at Dretzka have multiple pin positions? Am I just mis-remembering? Isn't 7 the shorty with the Sam's Club wall behind the pin? Is the sign from before that was there or something?

^Since when does hole 7 at Dretzka have multiple pin positions? Am I just mis-remembering? Isn't 7 the shorty with the Sam's Club wall behind the pin? Is the sign from before that was there or something?

Seven has had 3 placements for awhile. Even though it is the closest course to me I rarely play it. I have not seen it in the long recently and the short is kind of a blah shot, it probably is in the original most of the time.

Dretzka's had some pretty solid upgrades since MKE County went to P2P a few years ago. All the signage was updated between 2015 and 2016, every hole on the course has a minimum of 3 pins, with several putting a 4th pin in and 16 even now has 500 FT+ 5th and 6th pins into the woods by 17's tee!

Also yes, unfortunately, 7 is the hole where that wall went up due to the construction of Sam's Club. The 188' A pin location is by no means a difficult shot, but I'm happy to ace anything.

Last edited:
D
Also yes, unfortunately, 7 is the hole where that wall went up due to the construction of Sam's Club. The 188' A pin location is by no means a difficult shot, but I'm happy to ace anything.

My question is: Do the other spots even exist? I don't understand where they could be - A pin is only like 40 ft from the wall....

The wall runs at roughly a 45 degree angle relative your line of sight if you're standing on the tee and facing straight, coming closer on the right but angling farther away on the left. The A pin is not terribly far from the wall (probably more like 60 or 70 ft), but the B (was the only pin in the course's early days) and C pins use the increased space you have left of the line projecting straightforward from the tee to where the C pin is truly about 260 away. The diagram on the hole sign is kind of misleading, B and C are farther left of what the sign suggests.

Latest posts