• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2018

Playing a round of DG at Mint Hill DGC near Charlotte, NC with my adult son.
I stepped up to the tee on #2 and told him "This is the most aced hole in Charlotte." and then aced it (169g Soft X Ringer).
Really sweet moment.

Witnessed 3 aces today at valley view, first on hole 15 when I was on 2, second was on the same hole I aced a couple months back, hole 5, the dude called it because he said he was going for the ace pool, 3rd one happened right after on hole 6, I don't think those people are members here but if you are, congrats.

Alaska Ace!

Hole# 2 of Alcantra (Big Su course) with a 160 gram Sure Grip Wizard from around 180ft

Attachments

• IMG_20180626_110650777.jpg
    IMG_20180626_110650777.jpg
    146.2 KB · Views: 24
Weekly Doubles again this week. 6 person card, raining a bit and we all are having a rough round. I stated just before I threw the Claymore I was throwing the last disc of the round. I sawed it off short, then the skip which appeared to be about 40 feet short of the basket. Suddenly no one made a noise....... Darn thing took off to the basket and then a bang of chains and than a bunch of yelling. Yup an ace... 250 buck pool. I split it 6 ways the entire card. Hole 15 at Cedar Hills.

Got the second ace of my 3 year "career" today

Funnily enough, it was from the same tee pad but different target as my first ace (9 basket course with 18 holes)

3rd ace of the year, Brahan Springs hole 18
Star Mako3, a 198 ft RHBH bullet right at it.

Weekly Doubles again this week. 6 person card, raining a bit and we all are having a rough round. I stated just before I threw the Claymore I was throwing the last disc of the round. I sawed it off short, then the skip which appeared to be about 40 feet short of the basket. Suddenly no one made a noise....... Darn thing took off to the basket and then a bang of chains and than a bunch of yelling. Yup an ace... 250 buck pool. I split it 6 ways the entire card. Hole 15 at Cedar Hills.

With all the roots and rocks, sounds like an awesome skipper.

Got my 10th Ace and second of the year at Sandhill NTDCG in Asheville. Hole 17, 185' downhill with a creek behind it. Big bead Aviar, took an air bounce up making it look high, then another slapped it down into the chains.

I was playing with my Wisky disc golf brother the day before he had to head home. Thanks for the good luck Joe!

Third lifetime ace this weekend! Dretzka Park, Hole 8 (of the "back 9")
7i8213y.jpg

i4pwjSm.jpg

I5auy2y.jpg

Finally joined the 300'+ ace club with my 8th career ace! Hit it with a Latitude 64 Opto Saint. Shot the gap on the left with a backhand. Hyzerflipped it into a slight turnover. Hugged the trees on the left. I thought it was going to kick but just barely cleared them. And then bang, dead center chains.

dfPZiyB.jpg

lKRvsSj.jpg

CrUcLfQ.jpg

I hit 9 Red at Diamond X on July 7th. (Finally got around to posting it, lol.)

High flat FH through the biggest gap, stall & fade right into the basket. This time it was a Star Destroyer.

Best of all: 2nd consecutive ace with a TEAM Stickin' Putts stamped disc. Need to continue this trend!

#SP_ACE_FORCE

Hi there, fellow DG Humans. First post today, because it took me a long time to find a golf-related forum that wasn't full of a lot of very warm air...This place seems very relaxed and real and full of information. I was looking for some recap articles relating to the Am Worlds just completed, and stumbled in. Please forgive the interruption. And the length of my initial post. It's bound to be long-ish.

I haven't compiled a profile yet, but will do so soon. Suffice it to say, for now, that I live in Charlotte, NC, and I've been playing since 1991 (with almost a decade off in there while I tried ball golf - lord, I wish I had all that money back...). Until this past April, I had zero aces to my name. So any of you who feel somehow unfairly judged by the DG Gawds as being unworthy, just know that it will come. When it does, the floodgates, apparently, will then open...
Here's my story. I'll try to be brief.

On April 11, 2018, I was playing a round with my older son (he's 21). Hole #2 at Plantation Ruins (Winget) in SW Charlotte. This is my home course, being 5 miles from the house and only 1 mile from work.
244', slight dogleg right. Used a Seer, and absolutely flushed it for my first ever. The high-5 hand-slap between the two of us caused dogs to bark from a mile away. Monkey off the back, and I won't lie: it felt pretty amazing.
On April 25, same course, hole #16. Uphill, 202', with a very slight left turn. Used a lime-green G* Thunderbird, which disc I promptly lost a week or so later. Bummer, but it happens. About eight people witnessed.

Here comes the good part. (I can hear many of you saying, "About time!")

On June 22, we had a large-ish group again. We started on hole #15, which is close to the parking lot. We do that occasionally as a way of breaking things up.
We get to #16, and of course I have a replacement G* Thunderbird. BAM! Ace.
Had a great round going overall. I was at -7 by the time we got to hole #10. This one is 223', downhill a bit, blind tee shot as straight as can be. Horizon is at about 170'-180', then the fairway slopes way down to, and beyond, the basket.
I threw a Warden, nice and low, as it should be. It creates a puff of dust as it skips at the horizon line, then disappears for a split second. Then...CHING! Another ace, making 4 total in a few months, and two in one round.
I have no idea how often that happens, but it has to be fairly infrequent, right? I intend to read this entire thread to find out...

Bottom line? The aces will come, brethren. And when the first one does - or the 51st - it will feel as good as anything legally can with clothes on.

Thanks for letting me share. It feels like bad form to bring it up in polite discussion. But finding a forum where I am allowed - nay, encouraged - to write about it...well, it's like coming home, ain't it?

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have newbies that can use punctuation. Lol

Don't be a stranger.

Thank you, RD. I'm not sure if I'll ever catch your post-total, but I won't be a stranger, either. (And I did see another member in here who shared a two-ace/one-round story. So there's that question answered...)

Looking forward to digging around in here.

That's flip'n, awesome. yes 2 in one round are very very rare. I only know of a few people that have rung of the chains twice in a round, and have actually done it myself. One guy I regularly threw with, had 3 during a league round once. We were all like "seriously, you've already won the ace pot, you show off."

Then...CHING! Another ace, making 4 total in a few months, and two in one round.
I have no idea how often that happens, but it has to be fairly infrequent, right? I intend to read this entire thread to find out...

It seems as though aces come in pulses and lulls. 11 years of playing, and I have caught 13 aces total. Two, this year. I have hit three in a single calendar year, then gone three years without, then two, then skip a year...
As to the two this year, the first was on Fathers day (hole 16, Konarcik park in Illinois), a silent drop on an anhyzer line with a Judge. I had my two younger sons with me.
The second was on my birthday (7/30), with my oldest son and his 2 boys. Hole 8, Woodland park, also in Illinois. Straight to right float in with a Wizard.
Sometimes the universe winks.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20180802-091906.jpg
    Screenshot_20180802-091906.jpg
    114.2 KB · Views: 9
  • Resized_IMG_20180617_161929_945_1374.jpg
    Resized_IMG_20180617_161929_945_1374.jpg
    155.2 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_20180802-092031.jpg
    Screenshot_20180802-092031.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 8
Annd...