• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Aces 2022

We'll, Mrs. wolf hit 2 aces in the same round today at Northland Pines DGC in Eagle river WI. The first one was about 125 ft with her Lucid Warrant. Then she hit hole 17, which was probably 50 ft with her Rhyno. No that's not a typo, 50 ft. She caught up to me this year in a span of about 30 minutes 😁

Hit my first ace ever about two weeks ago during weekly dubs. Not only was it my first ace, but it was also the first ace on the brand new elevated stump basket we just got approval from the city to install (Hole 7 at Park Circle in Charleston, SC). Aaand not only that, it was for 760 smackaroos!

My partner and I were kinda bummed cause we missed some easy birdies and thought we were gonna miss cash so I said "screw it, I'm gonna try and throw it in." About a 290ft shot, Teebird3, all air.

Too bad I threw it in the pond at Stoney Hill yesterday :doh: I'm really not one to hang discs up ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Got an ace wed at creeping creek dubs on alt hole 18 with star wraith.
attachment.php

Attachments

• 297533051_10229667550057080_6588730461998275456_n.jpg
    297533051_10229667550057080_6588730461998275456_n.jpg
    121 KB · Views: 243
Roller looks like it would have a chance there! :D
I've seen 3 roller aces on it from the normal tee.

I think I have the only ace from the alt tee so far, the slope angle makes it harder to roll from this tee. This was a BH airshot that landed just behind the basket and banked in. Couldn't tell if it was in or not from the tee.

As a pilot, one of the biggest thrills is going to Oshkosh, WI for the annual EAA Airventure show. 10k planes, 650,000 people. It's awesome! However, after about 6 days of seeing nothing but airplanes all day (which was awesome) I was ready for a brief change of scenery.

I walked down the street for lunch and then saw that they had a PIAS a few doors down. We don't have them in my area of the country, so I was interested to see what they had. Sure enough, the Oshkosh PIAS has a pretty good DG selection and happened to have a nice tourney stamped ESP Buzzz. I didn't bring any discs with me on the trip, so I bought the buzzz and asked where the closest course was. A short uber ride later, I found myself at Red Arrow DGC. It's always an adventure playing an unfamiliar course, but this one had a well laid out flow. The front 9 was uneventful, and as I walked up to hole 10, I wondered if the evergreen tree on the left was going to be in my direct line of sight or not. I decided to throw just a touch of hyzer and make it a non-factor. Well, that "touch" put my shot out further to the right than I had hoped. I picked up my backpack and watched it to see what my putt was going to look like...only to watch it crash into the chains!

At the end of the round, I met up with a local who invited me to play O'hauser park the following day, to which I gladly agreed. I shot a pretty decent round for 1 disc (-6 if I remember correctly), but on the way home, I opted to stop by a little pitch & putt called Clayton Park in Neenah, WI. I was running short on time after my first two rounds, but it's a really short course, so I decided I could fit one more in.

It was my best round of the three and on hole 6, (after tripping on the tee box during my first approach) I threw a lazer right into the center of the chains! Two aces within 24 hours of buying a disc!

Ironically, that isn't the first time I've had aces with a brand new disc. At least 11 of my aces have been with discs that I had owned less than 24 hours. Maybe the moral of the story is buy more discs? No, that couldn't be it...could it?

Third one of the year today. Hole one at Blueberry at Highbridge. Short tee to long basket with a Barsby star Roadrunner. Pretty pumped I got one at Highbridge.

Attachments

• IMG_20220813_164358605_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20220813_164358605_HDR.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 12
Crazy day - 2 aces in 3 holes at Freedom Center!

First was hole 8 on the Scattersville putter course. 97' and downhill with an electron Proxy. I didn't take a pic, but this is from the media page.

c60d1694.jpg

Then I played the Clark's Run (main) course, starting on hole 10. Steeply downhill 259' with the basket about 10' past an OB stream. First throw ever with the Evo Origin. I might have to keep that in the bag. :D

picture.php

39th of my career and 5th of the year. Hole 5 from the short tee at Rock River DGC in Watertown. About 280' on a forehand skip with a 22 sexton firebird. The green area is a little cleaned up compared to the picture but the forehand gives you the biggest gap into the basket. League ace too! Ended up going home with $155 for the win and ace pot, as well as the ctp prize.
a04f8aa0d2d4.jpg

Got number 4 this year on the second of seven courses bagged today. Hole number 1 at Woodland Park by Norfolk NE. Third ace with that same beat Lucid Maverick I've been bagging for years. The course isn't listed on here yet. I tried adding it but it said it was already on here. Waiting to hear back from Tim on that. Got pics of all the holes and did manage to add another 9er to the site a little bit ago. Successful day :thmbup:

Got my first ace ever today! There is a temporary course set up for ArtPrize 2022 here in Grand Rapids, MI ( https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=13435 ). The hole I aced is about 100' and looks like a metal cow with the center cut out (just look at the course page if you're scratching your head ;) ). Not the most difficult course by any means, and it will probably be gone in 2 weeks, but there was a defined tee area and a defined target so I'm counting it! The other funny part was that I threw a disc that was not mine, but rather was borrowing from the bin of available discs at the course - a Westside Discs Swan. Hoping for an ace on a normal course some day soon. :)

Got a few shorties the past few weeks.

Hit Tiki hole 14 @ Creeping Creek, 100' BH with glow esp Banger GT during Glow Tiki Skins for $42!

First throw after the Worlds final, I aced Tiki hole 1 @ Creeping Creek, 92' FH with a Ti Banger GT.

Last weekend hit Tiki hole 3 @ Creeping Creek, 178' FH with Ti Banger GT:
pSvIcxMl.jpg

Hit this one the other day:

No. 8 (2nd of the year) today at Montiel Park in San Marcos, CA. Hole #6, 222' with a flat-to-fade Buzzz. It was my first day throwing since I moved to SoCal - a nice welcome present!

Attachments

• C4968517-94B5-4F0A-B702-52A0461A3763.jpg
    C4968517-94B5-4F0A-B702-52A0461A3763.jpg
    147.4 KB · Views: 12
Nice shooting! :thmbup:

So is Frost Valley YMCA in Claryville NY back open? If yes, what kind of shape was the course in?

It's in decent shape for the most part, it could use some more TLC. The ferns are mostly cut in the fairways, some downed trees and branches still in some fairways and some saplings. I think I was the first person to play the Blue tees in quite some time, some tees were covered in leaves. The Red tees were in good shape. Call or email Dan @ FV to get permission to play there. He said they hope to open it to public soon.

Latest posts