• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR custom stamp disc?

I think getting them from Discraft would be awesome because then we could get them as misprints later on.

I'll suggest something unpopular.

How about we actually buy DGR's PD. The reasoning is this there are only two sides to the DG world and that is those who play avidly and learn the game, discs, and other people online and then there is everyone else. Everyone else includes those rec players who have two discs huk it and just have a little fun. They are everyone else because they play the game but they don't take the time to actually learn it.

Now online there are kinda 3-4 sides/sites. DGR, DGCR, the PDGA forum, and then all of the little sites that are mostly populated by local communities to an area. With the PDGA board being a little odd/flaky and the local sites being pretty much isolated to themselves that leave DGR and DGCR as being the largest and most active online communities.

DGR - knowitall its our way or the high way we're right attitude
DGCR - Dude my Groove... ROCKS! I can flip it at 75 feet, throw it high and have it fade out around 200'. And I know a guy who can FH it like 250 so I FH it also. IT EVEN PUTTS FOR ME!!! you get the idea...

But all in all people from DGR come over here from time to time and there are even those of us who frequent both forums and try to provide DGCR with some of the knowledge of DGR (which there is much).

So I say we buy there custom stamped PD because well the PD is a good disc and you could give it a try. Plus it helps out DGR (because we may need it someday too) and then if we want a disc we could probably pick something cool like a Wizard or Stalker and they would probably interested in ordering it as well.

So if you want to give the PD a try buy the DGR PD and help them out. Sure our site looks nicer than theirs but there are a few guys over there who have put in more work and field time for this game than anyone else out there and we're getting better because of their work. (Ex: Blake T, Dan Beto, Frank D, Anarchy, Bradly Walker, Mark Ellis and our very own Garublador)

Last edited:
DGR - knowitall its our way or the high way we're right attitude
DGCR - Dude my Groove... ROCKS! I can flip it at 75 feet, throw it high and have it fade out around 200'. And I know a guy who can FH it like 250 so I FH it also. IT EVEN PUTTS FOR ME!!! you get the idea...

I have not been here very long, but I have not seen anything like how you described this site.

I have not been here very long, but I have not seen anything like how you described this site.

Its not the truth of either site. It is the impression either site has of one another.

DGR guys are not all super serious elitists (Frank D is a moderator over there after all) and DGCR is not all noobs.

Somehow I think our two tiny little worlds will still turn with a massive whopping 2 different custom stamped discs out there.

My suggestion, watch for Gateway deals on ebay. David will run custom stamp deals from time to time.

I got 50 discs and 50 minis at a retarded price.

careful, the mods will change the post to:

My suggestion, watch for Gateway deals on ebay. David will run custom stamp deals from time to time.

I got 50 discs and 50 minis at an intellectually disabled price.

:p

DGCR Wizards would be sick, I'd buy a few for sure.

with a ninja holding Cheez its! :thmbup:

but over at DGR, we are famous for love of discraft misprints, so I think some of the other posters have it right. Maybe we need a christmas issue Elf Balls Discraft misprint deal disc.

Last edited:
Somehow I think our two tiny little worlds will still turn with a massive whopping 2 different custom stamped discs out there.

I'm actually suggesting 2 discs. I'm just saying not doing it in opposition but doing it so as to say "If we order the discs people really like we have more opportunity to select the kind we like" who would like to try out a CFR Roc or we could get some kinda Crystal disc stamped. How cool would that be?! Or we could do some DX/KC Roc with a huge stamp that will lessen the dome and get people some flat top rocs. Or light weight preds. I almost feel like this is really more of an advantage for us as online DGers that we haven't taken advantage of...

But alas I will still huk.

If doing it just to get discs made in a different plastic, I would vote Cheetah. lol

Disc's stamp must incorporate the following:

The hole on hole #8.
War Eagle hanging from the gallows.
Peeing on boobs
Elfballs
Awesomesauce
~fartz~ and/or (poop)
A Discraft Misprint package
Par?
Ace?
The Hindu god of Disc Karma
Midnight Biker tearing one off.

Thank you.

*nods in agreement*

I think an ESP Stalker or Comet is the way too go. It HAS to be discraft just because of the love we have the misprint deal. Although, I would probably buy whatever became available is timg decided to move forward on this.

As much as I disagree with cfair's assesment of each site, I do think that it's a good idea for DGCR to support DGR's fundraising attemps. We bust each other's balls, but many people are members of both sites, or at the minimun lurk at one site and post at the other (I do this often).

Both sites are invauluable to DG, IMO, and hold a wealth of information on each site. There really shouldn't be a "we should support them, so they support us" type of thinking because we are all the same community. Ok, that sounded really cheesy, but whatever.

BTW, I had no idea DGCR had tshirts. I'm going to have to pick up one of those, too.

A batch of Champ Rancho Rocs would be sweet. Make them only available to contributing members of DGCR.