• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR encounters of the 3rd kind

I ran into Tallpaul and Shuie just today at Kenwood in Cadillac. I didn't know who they were until we were done. Also saw them at Flip on Friday.

I was at Flip on Friday as well. Did you camp?

I guided Upshawt1979 around Moccasin Bend last week for a couple of rounds. He was on a Dg roadtrip and we had a great time. I met ToddB thru the site and we play together regularly now. I have also played with bulldog1984 but neither of those last 2 is very active on the site. Last summer in Texas I played with World record holder Donovan and also cc0049and chopz33.

Ran into Jax11 and his pop while playing Rogers Lakewood in Valparaiso, IN yesterday. Always cool randomly meeting someone from DGCR.

Played Rabbit Flats with Frizzboom today. Good times. We got some insight into things to come for the course from the head of T.O. Parks and Rec.

Played 9 at the Bonita Springs Recreation Center with Roller Coasters last week. It was a lot of fun, and I was thankful that he let me tag along without fear of my amateur mojo rubbing off on him :)

Even though I played with these cats before, I just got done playin' some disc with bikinjack and sloppydisc at Hornets Nest.....

Yo Jack!.... Next time, beers are on me!....

I thought we were playing for beer! Doesn't Jack and Chuck owe us?

Had a great time guys. Even though I sweated off about 10 gallons of body fluids. Damn it was muggy today. We need to hit the mountains.

Met up with:
jedwards,
DiscChucker,
Sir Walter,
and Ordered Chaos
today at North Cabarrus Park and Dorton......

Good times fellas.....

Ran into Jax11 and his pop while playing Rogers Lakewood in Valparaiso, IN yesterday. Always cool randomly meeting someone from DGCR.

Was a very neat meeting, never expected him to be a DGCR member right off the bat. Thanks for a fun round.

Met up with Gflap again. Showed him around the Whippin' Post and Woodshed in Paw Paw, WV as he was heading from St. Louis to the beach.

He apparently brings out the best in my game. I shot my lowest score (21) at Shawnee State Park last fall when we got together. And I shot my two best rounds ever at Paw Paw this past weekend with a 72 on both courses.

Good times!

Played a few rounds of 24 with Jukeshoe at France Park again. Very fun day. The locals don't seem to be too hip to disc golf, though. Before Juke even got there, I was on the bridge looking at the waterfall when a little girl of about 7 or 8 appeared before me. "You're a disc golfer?", she asked. I replied in the affirmative. "It's boring." And with that she turned straight around and walked away. We were similarly harassed by the characters running the camp store there, who felt our time would be better spent at a strip club than disc golfing. I accused them of price gouging and Jukeshoe kept bragging that his city had more high school baseball state championships than anybody else.
Besides the heat, bugs, and terrible chicken sandwiches, I had a great time. I definitely need to make a habit out of going to this course.

Hells yes. France Park is fun fun fun til daddy took my Teebird away...or I lost it. :) I'm just glad Discpicable was there to translate. The good ol' boys at the camp store had a severe case of mush-mouth aka "what the hell did he just say?" Being bi-lingual is the shizz, so props to Discpicable! :D I'm still shocked at the lack of play that course gets. Anyone care to clue me in as to why this course is a Central Indiana pariah? :confused:

Also headed up to Grand Rapids where Terry C (aka DGCR Man of Action, Man of Connections) showed me how it's done, GR-stizyle. Seriously, TC has some ins. :thmbup: We hit up Old Farm, Riverside, paused at Yesterdog where TC gets free dogs for name dropping disc golf (no joke), Fallasburg (one of, if not the best course I've ever played), and then the Gold and Blue courses at Brewer Park before nightfall fell, ending our day of adventure and good times.

Terry C got the best of me 0-4-1, with me tying him on by far the most difficult of the courses, Fallasburg. Pyrrhic victory FTW! :D

welcomed a new addition to the Sunday Socal DGCR Rec Meetup Group yesterday. Mr snappyfingers joined us for a round at legendary Oak Grove DGC (second from the right). super cool cat and :)eek:) DGCR member #50!!!

picture.php

Also pictured are (left to right) howardb, discgolfer_dave, Mike (not a dgcr member as of yet:(), bazillion, (snappy) and yours truly.

Had a couple who had never played Roscoe Ewing follow us yesterday. After the round when we were all getting ready to leave, the guy said he was from Avon Lakes, OH and heard about the course from one of the disc golf review sites, but didnt say which.

Latest posts