• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR iOS Out!

how do we get our rounds on the ios app from our DGCR site rounds? Or importing? Not seeing how/where to do so yet.

Being one of the Beta testers I tried to go write a review but it wouldn't let me since I haven't purchased it YET.

I'll be dumping the other apps I've used once I take the time to transfer all the data from them.

I'm in the same Beta Tester boat. It wouldn't let me review or rate it. I can say, I've been using the PDGA app since it came out and I've tried Udisc. The DGCR APP will be my new app of choice! Having used it for the last month while Beta testing it, I've grown quite fond of it! This will be my main app from here on out. I've even got a couple other of my android Udisc friends to switch over. One of them just said "I've been using the DGCR app for a couple weeks now, and I really like it!" Love it!:hfive:

Awesome Russ! Btw, I think you and KniceZ should be able to review it now that you have the actual release versions on your phones.

I've used this for a few rounds now and I like a lot of the features, especially the tie ins here to DGCR. Would it be possible add to future release the option for the user to select the navigation app of choice? Right now it defaults to Apple's navigation app and I prefer Google Maps. Also I used it for a tourney where I started somewhere other than hole 1 and it was kinda clunky playing holes on the back 9, skipping the summary page, and then scrolling back to hole 1 to record the front 9. Is there something I'm missing where you can select your starting hole.

I'm not sure if/when you'll be able to choose a nav app as I guess Apple doesn't make that easy. You can long press on the coordinates for a course and copy/paste them into Google Maps.

For the starting hole, it's something I plan to have added to the app once we get everything stable with this initial release. I'm not sure where you were swiping to go through holes, but if you swipe the hole # bar at the top you can fly through the holes a lot faster.

loving the app so far. Have't ever been into the phone based score cards but that might of just changed. The only two things I have found so far is....

1. Can't start a new round from a course's page in the app. I.E I look up courses closest to me and find say Bradford park. I can't start a round from the Bradford page I have to go into my played courses list to start a round or search for it start a round part of the app.

2. Winthrop Gold. The link to it's page it still there on the short course's page but that does't work in the app and if you search you won't find it. Would be nice to have that fixed both on the website and on the app really.

2 Small knocks on a great app however it rocks!

I want to add the ability to start a round from the course info screen. Right now the only way to start a round is by tapping "Start Round" and then do a nearby search. Originally I figured people would get to a course, tap "Start Round" and go from there but I was clearly wrong :)

I'm not sure what you mean by Winthrop Gold and the short courses page, it's a temporary course so make sure you have that flag set to find it in the app and on the site.

I know nothing of app development but UDisc allows you to choose your navigation app- I use Waze regularly.
Oh, yea, it's possible and once all the kinks are worked out of this initial release we can start looking into bells and whistles, adding stuff, etc. It's just not as straight forward as Android from what I've been told. You have to scan the phone for what apps the person has installed and then offer those up or something. I know almost as much about app development as you do, just repeating what I've been told :)

So my original post was deleted...BS.

The app still closes immediately after trying to impost rounds from DGCR or when trying to upload a completed round from the app. Might as well keep using UDisc for now and import from there into DGCR...Don't buy it yet peeps.

If you haven't yet, try reinstalling the software. I just did on mine to recreate this issue and it imported the rounds just fine.

If it's still crashing after you've reinstalled it, check how much space you have left on your phone. If you are getting close to maxing out the space on your phone, then it may be having trouble loading due to space issues. If that is the case, clean out some apps, music, or pictures you aren't using to clear some space and try it again. Just some thoughts to try out. Good luck

I love the app, Tim! Great job to you and your team. I do want to let you know about a bug i came across though. When trying to view course info for The Canyons in Lockport, IL, the app crashes. It did not do this during the beta test period, and this is the only course I found (I only tried courses in the Chicago area) that this happens for. Thanks for all your continued hard work!

Oh, yea, it's possible and once all the kinks are worked out of this initial release we can start looking into bells and whistles, adding stuff, etc. It's just not as straight forward as Android from what I've been told. You have to scan the phone for what apps the person has installed and then offer those up or something. I know almost as much about app development as you do, just repeating what I've been told :)

thanks Tim.

I love the app, Tim! Great job to you and your team. I do want to let you know about a bug i came across though. When trying to view course info for The Canyons in Lockport, IL, the app crashes. It did not do this during the beta test period, and this is the only course I found (I only tried courses in the Chicago area) that this happens for. Thanks for all your continued hard work!

Just sent Schnapple an email about this as well as the whole login/logout round submission issue a few people are running into. The next update should have a bunch of bug fixes. Sorry about all the issues guys, we're working on it!

Love the app! Couple of questions. Is it possible to change pars on holes? I havent been able to figure out how. Educated guess: it isn't possible. But it should be! A local course, Calvert DGC, was built in the 80s and holes are par 3, 4 and 5 on tee signs. A complete throwback. However players naturally make every hole a modern par 3. Would be nice if I could make that adjustment in the DGCR app. I played last week without realizing the "programmed par" issue and was howling when I saw that I made like four eagles. :p Anyway, it would be a nice option top have. One more thing, if only playing 9 holes, what would be awesome is if we had the option to play 9 on the back 9, or in my case at Seneca Creek DGC play holes 19-27 for my quick 9. You get what I am saying. Nice to have an option to select what tee you are starting on regardless of 9 or 18. In closing, I love the "game notes" section at the end of a round found in summary. Unfortunately, the notes I have made are nowhere to be found when looking at past rounds. Minor issue, yes, but a cool little feature that is missed nonetheless. As far as the course locator section, it is gold. All course reviews are a part of this massive collection of course knowledge, terrain, etc. etc. Overall, an outstanding app aside from a couple tweaks that could be made. :clap:

Thanks for getting the app! For the par thing, we're planning on making the par something you can update as you play but it'll only be used for that round. The next round it will default to whatever is current on the site. The site always goes by posted pars, even if they're way too generous. I had a couple of courses like that near my old place.

For the 9 hole option, just say you're playing them all in the app and skip to the back 9 or whatever (swipe across the hole # bar at the top to do it quickly). The rest of the holes will just count as being "skipped". I'll look into the round notes thing. They should be available when you tap stats->all rounds->round->your name (towards the bottom of the screen) as well as in the scorecard on the site in the round notes area.

You can also make notes on a hole-by-hole basis by long pressing the score row.

Latest posts