• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Meetup at Bowling Green

roadtripstuff

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
So I figured I would start a new thread for those that might be interested. I saw that several members are going to be at the Bowling Green Amateur Championships next weekend and wanted to see if any of you are interested in a last minute DGCR meet. It would be a great opportunity to swap some travel tags if you have them and meet some of the members of the forums. I know a couple of people from the tournament thread showed some interest so here's what I propose.

We (Disc Lexia and I) have a site at the KOA and I know there are some other members staying out there. There is a pavilion in the back by the tent sites and plenty of room for some baskets, we are thinking maybe small glow round? There will be some beer, campfire and tons of disc golf. Anyone down? I know we are bringing a cooler full of food so if anyone wants to do a dinner/pot luck or something too we'd be down.

Mandabear and I will stop by to visit, we'll happily bring some food and Wisconsin beer to share.

What's the policy there? Do we need a car pass or pay to get in? If we sleep in the van, what's it going to cost us? (I'm used to camping for free behind wah-bahs in years past)

I don't think you need a pass to get in. We reserved our campsite online and it was like 89 bucks for 3 nights. All the sites do have electric and they have a shower house with flush toilets and showers, it was a really nice place to stay last year. It's about 8 mins or so to Phil Moore from he KOA Visitors can just come and go I believe, if you get a site you just have to stop and check in. We would probably have room at our site if you wanted to crash there and just chip in whatever, we either stay in our tent or if it happens to rain in the back of the xterra. I know the crew from Memphis will be there, and last year there were a few other golfers in the tent sites. It was a good time, the campground is used to having golfers there every year.

I'm always interested in meeting new people. What and where (physical address please since I will be using google map) is koa?

Cool, we're pretty go with the flow, we'll figure out what's happening and where we're sleeping when we get there, we typically camp wherever the sidewalk ends.

Looking forward to meeting the ladies behind the screen and everybody else that might stop in. Definitely sounds like my kind of vibe, I'll happily chill around a campfire any night - it's something that has been missing from my life most of the winter.

Koa is across the street from basil griffin. You can't miss it. Follow the signs the the "huge flea market" and keep going down that road.

I will be with the Memphis crew. There are 6 of us in one of the big cabins. Still not sure if I'm bringing my chainstar basket or not....

I currently have tag #25... Ready to swap...

KOA is located at:

1960 Three Springs Rd, Bowling Green, KY 42104

As soon as we get checked in on Thursday morning I'll post our site number. Alternatively when you get in there head to the right to the tent sites and look for an Xterra with disc golf stickers galore.

We'll have at least one instep, might be able to get a hold of my buddies beat **** innova travel basket as well. I know a few people there had them last year as well. We'll make it work for sure. So stoked for this much needed vacation from real life.

I don't know which cabin we are in, but I will either be driving my Red Dodge Caliber or Black Durango. They both have Tennessee Veteran license plates on them, so just stop by and say hi. I'll have plenty of beer in the cooler.

Hell yeah, the tent sites are right down from the cabins, if you were down there last year you prob saw/heard us in the green xterra. We'll all have to party for sure.

Anyone else interested in coming out to the KOA from some glo golf and to meet some fellow DGCRers?

There is a big group from the Chattanooga TN area going to be there camping and has one of the big cabins also. I'll let them know. IM sure they are on DGCR.

Well hullo RTS! Long time no see! :)

I am so GD excited for this trip I can hardly contain myself!! I just had to come and let people know that can relate :D This will be my third year (2011 and 12). I chose GBO last year instead, and don't get me wrong, awesome event, but pales in comparison on several levels to BG ams - Better courses, stronger field/bigger field/more people overall makes for that festival atmosphere, so many activities and competitions going on at all times you have to meticusly plan every moment to maximize (ok, I'm much more of a fly by the seat of my pants kind of guy, and I miss half of the things going on because of it - loving it), a flymart that cannot be beat. Ultimately, I can't wait to get out of the sloppy spring weather (6-12 inches of snow tomorrow :blah: and play on some courses that aren't in my back yard. :D See you all there

Super excited here too. I've started packing, getting all of our camping gear and discs together. I can't wait to get down there and start warming up on some of these courses. I have high hopes this year, but either way I will be have a damn good time no matter what happens. I'm really considering leaving earlier than we planned. When are you all arriving? Anyone playing any of the pre tournament events?

Megan has also been busy with Disc Lexia Disc Golf art creating some amazing BG and other disc golf related art. We have some sweet Legacy goodness on the way, all of it will be available at our Flymart table, be sure to stop by our table and at least say hi if you don't make it out to the KOA, and check out some of her great work, possibly make a purchase or two lol.

Latest posts