• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Premium Memberships

timg

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
I've been working on this for a while now and it's finally ready to be released. DGCR Premium gives you access to cool features that would otherwise be a little too intensive when it comes to calculations and database queries to release on a site-wide scale. Also, people had asked about donating to the site in the past but I was never a big fan of accepting donations without giving anything back. The premium memberships addresses that in a way.

Currently, a premium membership has the following benefits:

• Access to real-time charts and graphs of your score stats
  • Customize those charts & graphs by date to see how you're doing by month (or by week!)
  • Access hole-by-hole break-downs to see who's scoring birdies and on which holes.
  • Hole-by-hole break-downs of your own stats with a variety of charts to boot!
  • Limit your course browsing to only courses you HAVEN'T played on the course and map browsers
  • Generate custom GPX files for your GPS using the map browser
  • Access to the Route Map. Going on a road trip? Plug in your start point and destination and see what courses are on the way. You can even add courses as stops and get turn-by-turn directions for the whole trip!
  • Store up to 200 PM's
  • Have a snazzy icon by your username on the site and forums (see crown by mine)
I was having a tough time deciding on the price and ended up settling on $25/year. I thought that was pretty fair, it ends up being like $2.08/month so skipping that soda/pop at Wendy's pays for the premium membership for a month. To get a premium membership you can go to your User CP and towards the bottom left you'll see a "Paid Subscriptions" or you can just click here.

As you can see, a majority of the premium features are currently scorebook related. There are additional premium features features planned for the future but I think there's plenty to be had right now (especially if you're even a moderate user of the scorebook). If nothing else, you can get the warm, fuzzy feeling of helping out the site :D

Also, to eliminate any confusion, the premium membership stuff in no way effects the development of other site features.

If you guys have any questions feel free to PM me or post them here. I've also attached a few screenshots of the new features below.

Click here to upgrade your account to premium.

Attachments

• charts.gif
    charts.gif
    36 KB · Views: 361
  • hole_stats.gif
    hole_stats.gif
    32.1 KB · Views: 293
  • Untitled-1.gif
    Untitled-1.gif
    116.4 KB · Views: 122
Last edited:
Any way you might offer the premium site free for a week or 2 to give everyone a taste of what it will look like, before paying for it? I think more people will be willing to pay once they can experience it first hand.

As Recreation player who plays for pure enjoyment, I don't need the premium service, but I would pay a yearly fee just because I enjoy the site so much. It is worth it to me.

Any way you might offer the premium site free for a week or 2 to give everyone a taste of what it will look like, before paying for it? I think more people will be willing to pay once they can experience it first hand.
That may be possible but it would have to be on a person-by-person basis as I'd have to create a one week subscription type thing. For the most part, the screen shots are pretty accurate. They aren't showing you all the graphs and charts available though.

Will the premium site automatically use all rounds previously entered into scorebook?

Yes, it uses all that information and you can play with dates to see what you averaged between say.. November and December, things like that.

On the Average Score per Month chart, what does the yellow line tell you? Is that putting performance?

The bar and the numbers at the top of them are your average. The line represents the course average for that time period and you can find the specific numbers for the line just below the chart.

[*]Limit your course browsing to only courses you HAVEN'T played on the course and map browsers [*]

First let me say - sweet - I love the features and it works great. Thanks, and I'd like to think paying 25$ is a positive since it'll only help to make the site better - I'm surprised you haven't done it before now! :D

This quoted feature goes back to a suggestion I had made easier, and we had discussed it briefly. What are the odds of also including something like this in your own DG profile? In addition to the "Haven't" played feature, what about incorporating it into your profile map?
Couldn't be much different than what is already done as far as setup, and it would be another interesting look at the work you still have to do in an area. And instead of making courses disappear - you simply add the unplayed courses in the area and make them a different color from the favs, played, and wish listed.

You know since I'm a paying customer now - I'm going to making suggestions all the time now right? ;)

Hey - you opened the door! :D

Thanks again for all that you do!!!

First let me say - sweet - I love the features and it works great. Thanks, and I'd like to think paying 25$ is a positive since it'll only help to make the site better - I'm surprised you haven't done it before now! :D

This quoted feature goes back to a suggestion I had made easier, and we had discussed it briefly. What are the odds of also including something like this in your own DG profile? In addition to the "Haven't" played feature, what about incorporating it into your profile map?
Couldn't be much different than what is already done as far as setup, and it would be another interesting look at the work you still have to do in an area. And instead of making courses disappear - you simply add the unplayed courses in the area and make them a different color from the favs, played, and wish listed.

You know since I'm a paying customer now - I'm going to making suggestions all the time now right? ;)

Hey - you opened the door! :D

Thanks again for all that you do!!!
That would be a LOT of courses for many people and I honestly think displaying them all would possibly crash some browsers depending on what kind of PC you're on. I think excluding courses you've played on the map browser accomplishes the same task without the overhead of loading every course under the sun in the map.

Is there going to be a way to sort members by premium membership/regular membership?
I hadn't planned on it since it doesn't necessarily represent any particular level of participation on the site.

How about finally sorting trusted reviewers by level? That sounds like a great premium feature!
That would be a regular feature if I could figure out how to do it :) The way I do it now is just pick everyone that meets the minimum requirements through a formula and then I plug the numbers into a function as I output the results to show whatever medal is supposed to be there. A possibility would be to do bronze and above (current view), silver and above and gold and above. So there'd be no sort but you could kind of filter out lower levels depending on what you're looking for.

I really want this membership, but I also want a PDGA membership, and my local Stumptown membership. It's all just so much money. I'll have to save for a little bit.

The trial Premium Membership is definitely something you should consider.

You might also want to consider offering a lifetime Premium Membership option.

A possibility would be to do bronze and above (current view), silver and above and gold and above. So there'd be no sort but you could kind of filter out lower levels depending on what you're looking for.

I think that would totally work.

Tim,

Attached is my personal Chart data for Agnes Moffitt Park.

Can the "Average Scores per Month" be updated to be a true timeline without skipping months? That seems to me like it gives a better, more accurate perspective of how your performance has changed over time.

ERic

Attachments

• dgcr_adv_stats_bug.jpg
    dgcr_adv_stats_bug.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 49

Latest posts