• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGCR Secret Santa Christmas 2012

solomon.trenton

* Ace Member *
Gold level trusted reviewer
All entries must be done via email to [email protected]. Any PM's to me will be ignored (I don't have enough space to handle the amount of messages). In your email you need to include your name, street address we are shipping to (all on one line please), what qualifications you meet, and how many times you are playing. All general questions should be asked here. Most people know the low down and can help you out.

Minimum requirements to play (meet at least two)
1. Be a current Premium member
2. Minimum 5 positive Itrader feedback
3. Participate in a previous SS
4. Reputable member who can vouch for you
5. Silver Trusted Reviewer
6. Make a donation for my next Haiti trip (PM for details if you are seriously interested)

Participation Rules
1) Post what you dislike, what you throw and what you might want to try out. Also include your shirt and hat size. (this is just for ideas you probably won't get most of what you list.) No posting your dream list, be realistic.
2) Post pictures of your package when it arrives.
3) Delivery confirmation is mandatory!!! (you will email these to bcr123psu @ [email protected])
4) Minimum value of your gift must be $15 MSRP (including at least one new premium plastic disc or slightly used OOP) Used disc prices will be evaluated by a trusted source. Price will be determined by Marshall Street's prices.
5) Packages MUST be mailed no later than December 8, 2012
6) Complaining about the quality of your package is prohibited. Doing so will result in your banning from future Secret Santa's. (If you have a question about the value PM me before posting)

The Final day names will be accepted is midnight EST Thanksgiving

Note: If you do not ship you will receive two negative iTrader: one from me and one from your recipient.

The other members that are helping this go round are:
fishy (3rd time)
bcr123psu (2nd time)
shroom (2nd time)
apdrvya

One of us will be pming you your recipient info over the weekend after Thanksgiving.

So be sure to thank them.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome, Email Sent! Thanks again for doing this guys!

I'm pretty easy to please, but here is a quick breakdown if you want to go above and beyond

Likes: Latitude 64/Westside ~ Speed 10 or under discspeeds
Enjoys: Trying new molds from different companies (Legacy, MVP, Discmania, etc.), Custom Stamps/Dyes
Dislikes: High speed wide rimmed drivers (I have a noodle arm)
Shirt Size: Small/Medium
Hat Size: Small/Medium

Likes: Lat, West side, Innova, MVP putters. I love 4x JK Pro anything. tshirt is an XL and dryfits tend to run 2x. Flexfit hats are l/xl
Dislikes: Discraft.

I will be more than happy with whatever I get.

Thank you to all of my elves

I don't throw buzzes (except max pink Ti) or rocs. I typically don't like super fast stuff.

Likes: saints, teebirds, rhynos, lightweight fast stuff, lat 64, westside, MVP, Old Innova, custom dyes
Interested in trying: lat/westside air(saint and king especially), heavy warship, volt(!)
dislikes: baseline plastic
shirt: L
Hat: L

Really, I'm pretty flexible! I like a lot of stuff and like playing around with new discs and getting the random surprises, like last time I got some local brews and fell in love with them!

Thanks for doing this again guys!

Do you know, on average, how long a package would take to arrive? I'm trying to figure out if I need it sent to my college address or my home address. The last day I'd be on campus would be December 13th.

I don't feel like updating my sig with my bag & info, so I hope this post helps.

My bag:
Max weight Black DX Aviars
Max weight Champ Glo Aviars
173+ old school flat Z Wasps
173+ flat Z Buzzzes
Mid 160s Star Stingrays
Mid-Upper 160s Star Firebirds
Mid 160s Z Stalkers
Mid 160s Star Wraiths
Low-Mid 160s Star Valkyries
Mid 160s Star Sidewinders

Would like to try:
< 160g Champ Stingray (would LOVE one of these)
Mid 160s ESP Cyclone
Mid-upper 160s Champ Glo Firebird (the pancake flat 11x type)
Mid-upper 160s Star Cheetah

Colour Preferences (in order):
Bright Pink
Pink
Dayglow yellow
Neon orange
Bright colours
Everything else

Measurements:
Shirts XL if it runs true to size or larger (2XL if it runs small...I'm a tall dude)
Hats L/XL (more on the XL side)

I've received some really random things from my Secret Santas in the past and those have been the most memorable so far. So if you're light on DG but heavy on cool (maybe strange) stuff, I'm OK with that. Whatever you'd like to give is what I'm happy to receive! Thanks in advance!

Just a suggestion for people that don't know what to buy for everyone else, I already found some stocking stuffers here: http://inboundsdiscgolf.storenvy.com

Last edited:
Email sent!!
I would like to try soft gateway putters, the volt, always love qjls!
I don't really care for high speed drivers
i like good craft beers that aren't available in my area...zombie dust would make me giddy like a little school girl...:D
shirt size: xl (if it runs small 2xl-i'm fat...but jolly!!)
Hat size: med-large
I'm excited to be a part of this!!

Halos, 1st Flight Hurricanes, Saints, Firebirds, Rivers, Buzzzs, Fuses, Sentinels, Zones, Pures, Jokeri (already plural?). My drivers are all under 174 and my mids tend to be max weight or close. Pures (especially fond of Zero) for putting in the 172-173 range. This is what I throw, but I'm always down to try something different. Bright colors (especially pink) are a plus.

Shirts I wear a L or XL, flexfit hats L/XL.

I would love to try an Opto Air Halo (the lighter the better) and anything by Legacy (no good local selection).

I am also a huge Star Wars nerd and big fan of Calvin and Hobbes.

Dislikes: Football, asparagus, and Michael Bay movies.

Hey bcr123psu, I hope you'll vouch for me! E-mail sent.

Likes: Latitude 64, MVP, Discraft Mids, iDye Poly, mostly anything...
Dislikes: High Speed Drivers and Innova

Hat: Med
Shirt: Med

This is so exciting!

Sure wish I met the requirements :/ there is always next year i suppose. ( Thinking of going Premium) but that still would not qualify me since I am so new here

Sure wish I met the requirements :/ there is always next year i suppose. ( Thinking of going Premium) but that still would not qualify me since I am so new here

There are a lot of us in the same boat, best advice that Ive heard so far is get into the market place, by making trades/sales/buys, not only will you meet one of the criteria that way, you will make some friends here who can vouch for you...meeting a second requirement! unfortunately I have not taken the advice yet myself :wall:

in for three this time around..
I like gators, rocs, teebirds, PD/pd2/DD, banshees, voodoos, rhynos, leopards and CE stuffs... :)

Like: Lat 64, Buzzz, Stingray(not the super kind), Stiff Pro/champ rhyno, beadles dx aviars
Dislike: Innova (except ones listed above), speeds 12 and up, blizzard
Shirt: M
Hat:M
Always looking to try new discs too!

Thanks for putting this on again Trenton! I am sitting this one out, but I'm glad you're taking the time to keep the legend alive!

My bag:
165ish Champ Beast
168 Gold River
166 DX Gazelle
173-74 Z Buzzz
170-72 Soft Magnets

Would like to try:
Elite-X Xpress
Gold Saint
Anything Opto line

Weights:
Drivers: Mid to high 160's
Mids: 170s
Putters: 170s

Plastics:
I prefer gummier plastics.
I've been impressed with the Elite-X and Gold line plastics but I am looking to upgrade from my DX discs.

Colour Preferences (in no particular order):
Bright Pink
Pink
Dayglow yellow
Neon orange
Bright colours
Everything else

Measurements:
Shirts I am a Large
I don't wear hats

I also would love to get some swag if possible and remember I am 19 so no alcohol.

In regards to discs I am pretty open to trying whatever. I am pretty new so I still am learning to get discs up to speed (Can get my Beast up to speed). I prefer a bit understable discs if I can but I am willing to try anything if you know of something you like that you think would fit me.

Last edited:
I will be participating again.

My bag is currently:
Riptide, Gold Line Havoc, Opto Vision, Opto River, Gold Line Striker, DX Firebird, Glo Archangel, Z-Flick, QJLS, SE Leopard,
Glo Z-Buzzz, Opto Core, Aftershock, Champion Pather,
DX Rhyno, SSS Voodoo

So if there is anything my SS thinks I could use, I am open to new discs. I could use a new SE Leopard but they're expensive... My only request is that the discs be blue or white ONLY!!

As for shirts, I wear an XL and unsure about hat size as I have lots of adjustible ones.

Latest posts