• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGLO (Discraft Great Lakes Open) 2012

Im still deciding to play or not. Kinda broke at the moment. I'll be am2 if I do tho.

Uncle - I was there today if you need any info.

Anyone else gonna be there? I'll be noodle-arming my way through AM3
ill be there playing am 2, really looking forward to this one. played pretty well at my last hudson mills event so hopefully i can keep it going. dynamic mentioned we might be getting an exclusive disc for that event so im interested to see where that goes.
sry. came here looking for ccr open posts.
ccr open was a blast this weekend. i was happy with how i played aside from about 5 holes where my disc found the water. the distance competition and the skins saved my weekend in regards to cashing. props to the club to putting on a great event. ill add that this was the first time ive played the burchfield courses and they were incredible.

ill be there playing am 2, really looking forward to this one. played pretty well at my last hudson mills event so hopefully i can keep it going. dynamic mentioned we might be getting an exclusive disc for that event so im interested to see where that goes.

ccr open was a blast this weekend. i was happy with how i played aside from about 5 holes where my disc found the water. the distance competition and the skins saved my weekend in regards to cashing. props to the club to putting on a great event. ill add that this was the first time ive played the burchfield courses and they were incredible.

Props to my dude fishmich for showing the pros how to win cash in the skins!

We're getting a McCabe TI Wasp, a supercolor something-or-other (I think there's a selection of different molds), a Dri-fit T-shirt, and i think DD is working on something else for the player pack. McCabe will also be on site to sign his Wasps.

I will be coming up from Ohio and playing MA1. . . never played the course before so I'm looking forward to it. . .

Anyone know if they'll be setting up the "Campground course" this year?

Props to my dude fishmich for showing the pros how to win cash in the skins!

thanks man, my nerves got to me on a few shots but at least i managed to pull off the big shot over the water. it was a very cool experience and it got me pumped for dglo. it also paid for my weekend plus a few bucks.

Anyone know if they'll be setting up the "Campground course" this year?

ive seen it listed as the "canoe" course this year. am 2 and am 3 play it twice and monster shorts once. no original due to the fact that pros have scheduled teetimes. a few people are getting all butthurt but im fine with it, it should be a really fun event.

ive seen it listed as the "canoe" course this year. am 2 and am 3 play it twice and monster shorts once. no original due to the fact that pros have scheduled teetimes. a few people are getting all butthurt but im fine with it, it should be a really fun event.

I'm a little butthurt over it since my 2 best rated rounds EVER are on Original shorts.

Not butthurt enough to b1tch about it though.

I'm a little butthurt over it since my 2 best rated rounds EVER are on Original shorts.

Not butthurt enough to b1tch about it though.

yeah i hear ya, i prefer original over any other layout there but i get why they are doing it. a lot of people are crying and saying they arent going to play but it seems like a silly reason not to play in what should be a really fun event.

Never played the canoe layout, but someone told me it's pretty neat.
I suppose most Am3's would Orig shorts + Monster Shorts vs 2x Monster, but as long as everyone's in the same boat (or shoud I say "canoe"), it's all good.

we are coming up from VA to play the event! really excited fopr my first visit to MI and playing what seems to be a great tourny! where should we stay?

Closest hotels will be in either Ann Arbor or Brighton (I'm guessing). Not sure about campgrounds...

Edit through an email with different course order. The Canoe Camp will be put up on Friday to check out. There is no more Dyemax Buzzz, but instead a D"GLO" Z Zone. I assume it will actually be a glo disc the way the quotations are.

I'm pumped, now as AM3 I will be playing Monster, Original, and then Canoe Camp

here is the full email, i really like the last part about toboggan....

"We want to address some of these concerns about the tournament. Thanks for all the input, suggestions, and advice. Dynamic Discs, Discraft, and A3 are wanting to make this tournament the best that it can be. All decisions that have been made in regards to the format of this event have been made cooperatively with DD, Discraft, Mark Kruse, and Bill Gilbert.

After addressing some of the concerns about the format, we have decided to make a change that we feel is best for the event and overall tournament experience. We realize that we can't make everyone happy but are doing our best to make sure that this event is top notch for 2012. Even more importantly, we want this event to grow into an even better event in 2013.

The Friday-Sunday format that the pros are playing was a decision that we felt was important for the 'prestige' of the event. Sure, with only a few pro players signed up that is more than in question. We are certain at this point it is too late to change this decision so Friday-Sunday will remain in the pro field. The Saturday-Sunday layout is what is changing. This will be addressed on the schedule and below:

A Pool: MPO, FPO, MPM, MPG
B Pool: MA1
C Pool: MM1, MG1, MA2, MA3, FW1, FW2, FW3

Friday:
A Pool - Monster Long - Tee Times Starting at 10:00am

Saturday Morning:
A Pool & B Pool: Original Long - Shotgun start after player meeting
C Pool: Monster Short - Shotgun start after player meeting

Saturday Lunch is available at the cafeteria.

Saturday Afternoon:
A Pool: Not playing
B Pool: Monster Long
C Pool: Original Short

Sunday:
A Pool & B Pool: Monster Championship Black - Tee Times with highest MA1 score starting first (estimated 9:00am start)
C Pool: Camp Canoe Course - shotgun start 9:00am

Players Packs:
Pro players: DGLO Dry-Fit Shirt
Amateurs: DGLO Dry-Fit Shirt, Titanium Wasp, D"GLO" Z Zone, DD Dirt Bag, Discraft and DD window decals.

The DGLO DyeMax disc will no longer be available as the process is down for upgrades and repairs.

If this scheduling change makes anyone want to change divisions, please send an email to [email protected]. Cancellations can also be made through the weekend with a 100% refund and we apologize if any of these last minute changes have caused any complications.

If you do not like something or have a negative comment then please send us a personal message so that we can have it addressed, call the Dynamic Discs shop at 785-505-9805, or email [email protected].

We want to encourage everyone to come out to this event. The event will fill at 96 players between the A/B pool and another 96 players in the C Pool with the new format. We want this year to be a huge success and 2013 to bring DGLO back to one of the best events in the country. This takes everyone's hard work and support to make happen. A successful year will give us a better chance at utilizing the Toboggan course in 2013!"

Latest posts