• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

DGLO (Discraft Great Lakes Open) 2012

You read it right! Glo Z Zone in the players pack! We are super excited for this event. We are working hard to make this event one of the best in the country.

Click here to register!

Please let us know if you have any questions.

I'll be at Pinckney Rec Area's Bruin Lake campground all weekend if anyone wants to hang.

some good golf today. bitch ass mccabe made every single putt. supergroup on film coming to a youtube channel near you soon.

no cale. was bummin had hoped to see him. played the canoe course. its looking good. lots of fun shots. someone from the c pool will shoot a ten maybe. eight idk. beautiful weather in southeastern michigan.

Had a great time! Saw a lot of familiar faces (Motor City Chain Gang was relatively well repped) and played with some great folks on my card all three rounds. Was hoping to play on ejvogie's card, but it just didn't work out that way. First time I'd ever seen the Canoe course - interesting. Not bad at all with some nice variety and some interesting holes; mostly tight and wooded with quite a few bomber holes, and quite a few dueceable holes. Featured plenty of OB, including a quite contrived duece or die Hole 18: about 185 with a bushy pine about 160 ft ahead. They'd roped of about a 30' diameter (not radius) circle where you hade to end up, with plenty of stiff wind in play. Tree off the tee pad made RHBH spike hyzer impossible. Miss the cicle and re-tee throwing your 3rd. If you don't hit after two re-tees, drop just outside the OB. Kept a Z-Pred low for duece, but a lot of folks took triple circle 8's.

My best shot of the tourney was a 200' upshot in a stiff cross wind with a Glow Z-Buzzz for a duece on 375 ft dogleg right... don't think too many folks carded a 2 on that hole, regardless of division.

Course was good, but undertandably rough around the edges... by far my worst of the 3 rounds.

Players Pack was:
Glow Z-Zone
Ti Wasp
dri-fit DGLO shirt
asst cheap swag

...avoided trouble well enough to finish in the Am3 payout and picked up a Swirl Cyclone and FLX XL... also picked up a Cryztal Z Buzzz with a nice rainbow stamp. Wasp and Cryztal Z Buzz are max weight (177+), will post pix of them, might be looking to sell or trade.

Last edited:
great event for sure. it was good too see some dgcr guys out there along with some great pro golfers. also got to meet holly finley, good player and cool person. dynamic did a great job on the event, payouts were great and awesome plastic to choose from. as far as my golfing goes i was pretty happy with the way i played overall. i was plagued with missing putts inside 20ft but my longer putts saved me this weekend. hole 18 at the campgroung course just killed me. i was one of the circle 8's but still shot even. a bird on that hole would have got me into second on the weekend but oh well, woulda coulda shoulda. a highlight for me was shooting my first tournament bogeyless round. lookin forward to next year when hopefully the toboggan is involved.

great tournament! loved Hudson Original and the Canoe Camp course!! the monster from shorts just didnt fit my style of play i guess.. started on monster an ended up on the last card in am2... original is a beautiful course and helped me to make it to the middle of the pack.. the canoe camp was very interesting and OB was a plenty. i managed to move up to 3rd :) Dynamic did a great job! we traveled from VA and the people were amazing! great payouts and it was nice to see the pros. i have an orange ti wasp for sale if anyone is interested just send a pm :)